Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Iowa's confidence riding high on the eve of ticket sales
Bookmark and Share
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
Iowa's confidence riding high on the eve of ticket sales
Not many expecting NIU to be much of a challenge for the Hawkeyes. Consenus is that NIU will have an anemic offense:

http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/footb...-game.html
02-08-2012 09:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cawoo22 Offline
Northern Yankee Prick

I Root For: The NIU Huskies
RE: Iowa's confidence riding high on the eve of ticket sales
(02-08-2012 09:36 AM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  Not many expecting NIU to be much of a challenge for the Hawkeyes. Consenus is that NIU will have an anemic offense:

http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/footb...-game.html

I don't know. They expect to win, but they should. Several of them pointed out that there are no gimmes on their schedule, and one even said they couldn't beat us the last two years.

For Iowa fans, admitting they suck balls is the first step toward recovery, so I'm shocked.
02-08-2012 09:56 AM
Big_Man Offline
Destroyer

I Root For: Chicago
Their comments are about what I would expect. We have too many question marks for other teams to fear us. While Lynch had some decent throws, he still doesn't impress me much.....With that being said, he seems better than the last QB we had at Soldier Field vs Iowa.
02-08-2012 10:02 AM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
I don't care what they think as long as they show up and we have a decent crowd.
02-08-2012 10:02 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
(02-08-2012 10:02 AM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  I don't care what they think as long as they show up and we have a decent crowd.

Oh, you can rest assured that they will show up...and in big numbers. Just as long as they can come with crates of alcohol.
02-08-2012 10:29 AM
Tjm68 Offline
Bench Warmer

I'm excited to see what lynch can do, I was impressed with his athleticism the few times I got to see him, would like to see what he can do on deeper throws, do love his speed though.
02-08-2012 06:50 PM
Advertisement

NIUHuskie4life Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU & WMU
Whats there not to be impressed about with him. Albiet he didnt play much, just watch replays of how he threw amd ran. Nice crisp deep ball and tough runner.
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2012 07:32 PM by NIUHuskie4life.)
02-08-2012 07:30 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

Any time you losea 4 year starter at QB, the critics take too low of a view of a team. Im not sure its a top 25 team, but I think these preseason predictions of NIU between 70 and 100 are too low.
02-08-2012 07:43 PM
cawoo22 Offline
Northern Yankee Prick

(02-08-2012 07:43 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  Any time you losea 4 year starter at QB, the critics take too low of a view of a team. Im not sure its a top 25 team, but I think these preseason predictions of NIU between 70 and 100 are too low.

We have to prove it every year. That said, I know the clowns at CMU thought they'd pick right up where they left off when Ryan Ratliff got under center.
02-08-2012 07:46 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(02-08-2012 07:46 PM)cawoo22 Wrote:  
(02-08-2012 07:43 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  Any time you losea 4 year starter at QB, the critics take too low of a view of a team. Im not sure its a top 25 team, but I think these preseason predictions of NIU between 70 and 100 are too low.

We have to prove it every year. That said, I know the clowns at CMU thought they'd pick right up where they left off when Ryan Ratliff got under center.

That is definitely true, but I think CMU lost pretty much all their supporting cast at the same time as Lefevour. I do admit though it is scary we could be following the CMU story.
02-08-2012 07:48 PM
cawoo22 Offline
Northern Yankee Prick

(02-08-2012 07:48 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  
(02-08-2012 07:46 PM)cawoo22 Wrote:  

That is definitely true, but I think CMU lost pretty much all their supporting cast at the same time as Lefevour. I do admit though it is scary we could be following the CMU story.

Yeah, they did, but they had been touting their recruiting under Butch *$$hole for years, so they figured those guys they had seen in limited amounts would be able to take over for guys like Antonio Brown, Bellore, and Zombo.

They also were bringing in a new coach, too, who wanted to run more of a pro-style. I think we have advantages that they didn't (along with Ball State, who hired a drooling vegetable because he would provide "stability" after Hoke left), but you have to admit, the last two MAC West powerhouses fell off hard after they lost their monster QB.
02-08-2012 07:54 PM
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

Toledo while not being able to quite get over the hump, is pretty much still at the top of the conference despite not getting great QB play. I think we have the advatnage in that the defense is looking more promising than those other MAC powers that have fallen off
02-08-2012 07:57 PM
cawoo22 Offline
Northern Yankee Prick

(02-08-2012 07:57 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  Toledo while not being able to quite get over the hump, is pretty much still at the top of the conference despite not getting great QB play. I think we have the advatnage in that the defense is looking more promising than those other MAC powers that have fallen off

And I think that Toledo is a better comparison program-wise than CMU and Ball State. I guess I'm a little leery of the future and certainly understanding of the outside world's skepticism regarding the Huskies in 2012 when you look at just how dominant Chandler Harnish was over the last two years.

Much like when my dad taped over the 1983 California Bowl, figuring we'd have plenty of NIU bowl games in the future, we may find that replacing Harnish is a lot taller order than anyone could possibly imagine.
02-08-2012 09:09 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(02-08-2012 09:09 PM)cawoo22 Wrote:  
(02-08-2012 07:57 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  Toledo while not being able to quite get over the hump, is pretty much still at the top of the conference despite not getting great QB play. I think we have the advatnage in that the defense is looking more promising than those other MAC powers that have fallen off

And I think that Toledo is a better comparison program-wise than CMU and Ball State. I guess I'm a little leery of the future and certainly understanding of the outside world's skepticism regarding the Huskies in 2012 when you look at just how dominant Chandler Harnish was over the last two years.

Much like when my dad taped over the 1983 California Bowl, figuring we'd have plenty of NIU bowl games in the future, we may find that replacing Harnish is a lot taller order than anyone could possibly imagine.

I think Id be a little more concerned if NIU had not built a solid program before Harnish's success. Pretty much anyone we have plugged in at QB has led the team to success. No offense to Horvath, but we even won with him. Overall I think NIU has a better program than Toledo right now.
02-08-2012 09:12 PM
niubrad00 Offline
Boss

Huh?

2011 QB Ratings
Terrance Owens - 169.2
Austin Dantin - 149.7
Chandler Harnish - 153.0

Toledo got great QB play by two guys, not just one. The numbers don't lie.
02-08-2012 10:23 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

And playing 2 QBs probably cost them the NIU game.

We'll see how dumb and dumber do without Thomas and Page. Not sure I'm buying either of them, yet.
02-08-2012 10:27 PM
Advertisement

huskiebob Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
(02-08-2012 10:02 AM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  I don't care what they think as long as they show up and we have a decent crowd.

AND we win the game. Just having a decent crowd is not enough. This is the year to win our first SF game.

From "JHHawk" on the Iowa board: "Iowa 38 NIU 13

Chandler Harnish was their programs all time top qb...he just got invited to the combine and was at the Senior Bowl....so they start over,now.

Iowa's offense will be very good,altho early sputtering is possible...hence only 38 points..could be more."

Good luck with that. Not happening.
02-08-2012 10:50 PM
HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
They have no running back as of right now, unless they are banking on the big RB recruit they got this year to start. It'll be a close game.
02-08-2012 11:05 PM
cartershaw Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, UT
Iowa also has a new OC and DC.. good luck..
02-08-2012 11:17 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(02-08-2012 10:23 PM)niubrad00 Wrote:  

Huh?

2011 QB Ratings
Terrance Owens - 169.2
Austin Dantin - 149.7
Chandler Harnish - 153.0

Toledo got great QB play by two guys, not just one. The numbers don't lie.

Numbers dont lie? Would you take Harnish at 153.0 or Owens at 169.2? By your way of thinking you would take Owens, and obviously Harnish is 10 times better than Owens.
02-09-2012 09:17 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.