DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
Missouri to SEC
Gains more traction

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball...sec-101711

My favorite quote

Quote:If the switch is completed, Missouri would become the SEC's 14th member, after Texas A&M was added in September. Fourteen is the preferred number for the SEC as it makes scheduling simpler.

Hmm, didn't someone write something like that on this board?

Now, the challenge for the Pac 12 is getting to 14. I'm thinking they could get Texas, Okla and Okla St, and kick out Washington.
10-18-2011 11:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
RE: Missouri to SEC
Of course, in a saner configuration, Boise State would've been plucked by the "Pacific" 12 instead of the Big "East".
10-18-2011 12:05 PM
DrTorch Offline

(10-18-2011 12:05 PM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  Of course, in a saner configuration, Boise State would've been plucked by the "Pacific" 12 instead of the Big "East".

There's more to this than just location. Boise St doesn't have the academics (nor enough different sports I think) to be part of the Pac, other than in wrestling which is a marriage of convenience.

Of course the Big 12 members are more established universities than Boise St, but they're obviously desperate, where the Pac wasn't.

*Afterthought, Boise St taking their wrestling to the Big 12 would be a good dig on the Pac 12.
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2011 12:14 PM by DrTorch.)
10-18-2011 12:13 PM
autiger00 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: AU, UNC, Vandy
(10-18-2011 11:57 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  Gains more traction

My favorite quote

Quote:If the switch is completed, Missouri would become the SEC's 14th member, after Texas A&M was added in September. Fourteen is the preferred number for the SEC as it makes scheduling simpler.

Now, the challenge for the Pac 12 is getting to 14. I'm thinking they could get Texas, Okla and Okla St, and kick out Washington.

No conference is going to throw a member out. That's just stupid, do you know how much litigation that would open a conference up to? Besides, if the Pac12 was going to toss someone I'm pretty sure it would be WSU. Middle of nowhere, no solid athletics to speak of. They also don't want OKSt because their academics suck.
10-18-2011 12:23 PM
JSF Offline
Rich, Good Looking, Has a Rapist Wit

I Root For: World Peace
If only we, the people of the MAC, could think of a precedent of a school getting booted from a conference...
10-18-2011 12:30 PM
Lolly Popp Offline
Magically Delicious

I Root For: Football
Missouri will probably end up in the SEC East, at least until the conference expands to 16, because Alabama wants to stay in the same division as Auburn. The old Tigers are okay with moving but the Crimson Tide will probably win this battle by threatening to vote against the new Tigers. I guess Missouri can start a new border rivalry with Kentucky, even though it is a very short border, separated by a very big river. Arkansas or Texas A&M can become their permanent cross-division game.
10-18-2011 12:30 PM
Advertisement

Howl-n-Prowl Away
Three SDs above the mean

I Root For: Los NIU Huskies
(10-18-2011 12:23 PM)autiger00 Wrote:  

My favorite quote

No conference is going to throw a member out. That's just stupid, do you know how much litigation that would open a conference up to? Besides, if the Pac12 was going to toss someone I'm pretty sure it would be WSU. Middle of nowhere, no solid athletics to speak of. They also don't want OKSt because their academics suck.

Temple.
10-18-2011 12:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
autiger00 Offline
Bench Warmer

(10-18-2011 12:31 PM)Howl-n-Prowl Wrote:  

My favorite quote

Temple.

Fair enough. I mispoke, on occasion it does happen that a team is thrown out of a conference. It doesn't happen often and I can only imagine the law suits if a BCS conference tossed an existing member. If Baylor was tossed from the B12 they'd be filing suit within the hour. Same goes for WSU in the Pac12.
In regards to the topic of this thread. The fans of the SEC don't want Mizzou. Wish they'd stay put. They don't belong with us.
10-18-2011 01:42 PM
templefan1 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(10-18-2011 01:42 PM)autiger00 Wrote:  

My favorite quote

Temple.

Fair enough. I mispoke, on occasion it does happen that a team is thrown out of a conference. It doesn't happen often and I can only imagine the law suits if a BCS conference tossed an existing member. If Baylor was tossed from the B12 they'd be filing suit within the hour. Same goes for WSU in the Pac12.
In regards to the topic of this thread. The fans of the SEC don't want Mizzou. Wish they'd stay put. They don't belong with us.

I don't think any conference would throw out an all-sports member...
10-18-2011 01:45 PM
Rocketime Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Well, if if this goes down then the musical chairs will start up again - the Big 12 looking at WVU, Louisville, Cincinatti, etc. BE better get their teams secured PDQ.
10-18-2011 02:10 PM
DrTorch Offline

My favorite quote

Are you a Pac 12 alumnus?

No? The happily STFU.
10-18-2011 02:17 PM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline

Frankly, the Pac 12 talk is obviously a big factor in all this too. If I'm the TX schools, I turn down the Big East along w/ Boise and wait for a re-structured Big 12. It makes sense all around.

That leaves the Big E in a situation. They may reconsider Temple (and perhaps Memphis). I think the MAC ought to encourage the BE to take UMass and Temple in return for cooperative scheduling for several years.
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2011 02:28 PM by DrTorch.)
10-18-2011 02:27 PM
autiger00 Offline
Bench Warmer

(10-18-2011 02:17 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  

My favorite quote

No? The happily STFU.

You cheer for Bowling Green, at least I'm an alum of programs from major conferences. I also lived in Seattle for 2 years and can tell you the Pac12 would never give up that market, even if it isn't a big college sports draw it's still a large market that provides lots of eyeballs. At any rate, you're clearly an idiot. Please continue talking out of your a$$ about things you know nothing about.
10-18-2011 03:26 PM
JSF Offline
Rich, Good Looking, Has a Rapist Wit

I Root For: World Peace
(10-18-2011 01:42 PM)autiger00 Wrote:  The fans of the SEC don't want Mizzou. Wish they'd stay put. They don't belong with us.

Because they have actual academic credentials? You know, it's OK to not rely on Vanderbilt in that department.

autiger00 Wrote:You cheer for Bowling Green, at least I'm an alum of programs from major conferences

What a very... SEC thing to say. Because the size of your athletic department is in direct correlation with the quality of the school, right?
10-18-2011 04:12 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
Arrogance personified.
10-18-2011 04:15 PM
DrTorch Offline

(10-18-2011 03:26 PM)autiger00 Wrote:  

My favorite quote

No? The happily STFU.

You cheer for Bowling Green, at least I'm an alum of programs from major conferences.

I'm an ASU alumnus 03-shhhh

Quote:I also lived in Seattle for 2 years and can tell you the Pac12 would never give up that market,

There are three schools in the Pac 12 that everyone hates:
U$C b/c they're good
Arizona b/c they're bad
and Washington because they're Washington.

This was a conference rivalry comment. One that someone who knows about the conference would understand.

Quote: At any rate, you're clearly an idiot. Please continue talking out of your a$$ about things you know nothing about.

You were saying?
10-18-2011 04:15 PM
Advertisement

HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
Is the BE is done in FB by 2014

Mizzou - SEC

WV, Louisville, Cincinnati - B12

Rutgers, ND - ACC

USF - CUSA/MWC

UCONN FB - MAC (I have a hard time convincing myself of this one)
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2011 04:34 PM by HuskieJohn.)
10-18-2011 04:34 PM
autiger00 Offline
Bench Warmer

(10-18-2011 04:12 PM)OZoner Wrote:  
(10-18-2011 01:42 PM)autiger00 Wrote:  The fans of the SEC don't want Mizzou. Wish they'd stay put. They don't belong with us.

Because they have actual academic credentials? You know, it's OK to not rely on Vanderbilt in that department.

autiger00 Wrote:You cheer for Bowling Green, at least I'm an alum of programs from major conferences

What a very... SEC thing to say. Because the size of your athletic department is in direct correlation with the quality of the school, right?

Also strong academically. Degrees from Auburn, UNC Chapel Hill and Vanderbilt. Id say im smarter than the average Mizzou alum.
10-18-2011 08:49 PM
autiger00 Offline
Bench Warmer

(10-18-2011 04:15 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  
(10-18-2011 03:26 PM)autiger00 Wrote:  

My favorite quote

No? The happily STFU.

You cheer for Bowling Green, at least I'm an alum of programs from major conferences.

I'm an ASU alumnus 03-shhhh

Quote:I also lived in Seattle for 2 years and can tell you the Pac12 would never give up that market,

There are three schools in the Pac 12 that everyone hates:
U$C b/c they're good
Arizona b/c they're bad
and Washington because they're Washington.

This was a conference rivalry comment. One that someone who knows about the conference would understand.

Quote: At any rate, you're clearly an idiot. Please continue talking out of your a$$ about things you know nothing about.

You were saying?

You went to ASU, tied with WSU for the worst academic school in the conference. Congrats on that ASU degree. If it wasn't from their b-school its a glorified associates degree. At least you have hot girls though, I'll give you that.
10-18-2011 08:51 PM
Sultan of Euphonistan Offline
All American

I Root For: Baritones
(10-18-2011 01:45 PM)templefan1 Wrote:  
(10-18-2011 01:42 PM)autiger00 Wrote:  

My favorite quote

Temple.

I don't think any conference would throw out an all-sports member...

Actually the MAC booted Marshal. Granted we had a valid reason considering that Marshal had over 144 NCAA violations when we tossed them out...
10-18-2011 09:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.