Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If Louisville Moves To Big 12, Please Don't Move Us To The Big 12 Board Until...
LaBradfordsTWill Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville
If Louisville Moves To Big 12, Please Don't Move Us To The Big 12 Board Until...
...we actually do move. It will be lonely there.03-melodramatic
10-17-2011 07:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SmallVoice Offline
Silly String

RE: If Louisville Moves To Big 12, Please Don't Move Us To The Big 12 Board Until...
If we move to the Big 12, I will apologetically excuse myself from all Big East boards. There's nothing more pitiful than posters from teams who have left the conference still hanging around the boards ruffling feathers by expressing their opinion about matters that no longer concern them.

Once again: Until (unless) an announcement comes from somebody other than a prodigious Tweeter, I will not believe we're gone.
10-17-2011 08:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators
RE: If Louisville Moves To Big 12, Please Don't Move Us To The Big 12 Board Until...
Hey SmallVoice its a free country they can post wherever they want as long as they aren't flaming. And I haven't seen anyone doing that by and large. And considering many of those guys have been frequenting these boards for 5, 6, 7 years they've got a lot of street cred.
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2011 08:14 PM by brista21.)
10-17-2011 08:11 PM
Butterfly Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincinnati
(10-17-2011 07:42 PM)LaBradfordsTWill Wrote:  ...we actually do move. It will be lonely there.03-melodramatic

That emoticon is either really adorable or really dirty, ah.. it's adorable either way lol
10-17-2011 08:15 PM
The Brown Bull Offline
usf97

I Root For: USF
Yeah the B12 board has lit up recently.....they have gone from averaging one post per week to like one every other day.
10-17-2011 08:19 PM
Pony Junk Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: SMU
Can some one explain to me why Louisville would move to the Big 12 the money cant be that much more after you figure travel cost plus do they really think they have a better shot there against UT the soooners and okie state
10-17-2011 08:40 PM
Advertisement

Slypenny Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC/UK/FSU/NKU
because a move to the B12 guarantees you a conference that will have at least 1 if not 2 berths to BCS. Staying in BE is a crap shoot. We don't think they will lose their bid, but really everyone is just guessing. And yes the money has to be quite a bit different. I doubt travel costs to the B12 teams are that much different that to current BE schools, not to mention the new additions. Hard to pass up if it comes around.
10-17-2011 08:47 PM
Pony Junk Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: SMU
ok that sounds good but what about my other question.I know yall had a few good years but do you really think you will be taking UT the sooners or even okie states BCS slot every year i doubt it.Staying in the Big east gives you a better shot at a BCS bowl in the Big 12 you are just the new texas tech
10-17-2011 09:27 PM
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
(10-17-2011 09:27 PM)Pony Junk Wrote:  ok that sounds good but what about my other question.I know yall had a few good years but do you really think you will be taking UT the sooners or even okie states BCS slot every year i doubt it.Staying in the Big east gives you a better shot at a BCS bowl in the Big 12 you are just the new texas tech

That $hit isn't going to cut it if SMU is invited to the Big East. You better get used to saying "Youzz Guyzzz"...
10-17-2011 09:34 PM
adcorbett Offline
This F'n Guy

(10-17-2011 08:40 PM)Pony Junk Wrote:  Can some one explain to me why Louisville would move to the Big 12 the money cant be that much more after you figure travel cost plus do they really think they have a better shot there against UT the soooners and okie state

Travel costs would bE the same or less for Louisville, Cincinnati, or usf
10-17-2011 09:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Slypenny Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC/UK/FSU/NKU
(10-17-2011 09:27 PM)Pony Junk Wrote:  ok that sounds good but what about my other question.I know yall had a few good years but do you really think you will be taking UT the sooners or even okie states BCS slot every year i doubt it.Staying in the Big east gives you a better shot at a BCS bowl in the Big 12 you are just the new texas tech

UL has been down for the last couple years, so whether they are down in the BE or down in B12, it doesn't matter to them. They would have more interest in the B12 teams bringing in their fans to help fill the stadium.
10-17-2011 10:46 PM
Advertisement

Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
I did hear they have the rights to the name Big 14.......

I can see that conference adding people over time...UofL first, then perhaps wva or byu...then cincy, etc.
10-18-2011 05:11 AM
vinman3 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WVU & Big 12
(10-18-2011 05:11 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  I did hear they have the rights to the name Big 14.......

I can see that conference adding people over time...UofL first, then perhaps wva or byu...then cincy, etc.

They do have the rights to that name.
10-18-2011 05:57 AM
jnewyouth Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Bearcats
(10-17-2011 11:04 PM)cardshouse Wrote:  Breaking news...With Missouri leaving the Big 12 to join the SEC the Big 12 has announced a new conference name. The Big 14! The five new additions will be Louisville, Cincinnati, West Virginia, BYU & Memphis. Out of all the conference expansion this tops all. ESPN & the Big 12 along with other TV partners will be working on new deals over the next several months. The Big 12 comes out on top being the best all around conference. Big 14!, Big 14!,..LOL what a statement!
I'm for any conference that brings Louisville, Cincinnati, and Memphis back together!
04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2011 06:07 AM by jnewyouth.)
10-18-2011 06:06 AM
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
(10-18-2011 06:06 AM)jnewyouth Wrote:  
(10-17-2011 11:04 PM)cardshouse Wrote:  Breaking news...With Missouri leaving the Big 12 to join the SEC the Big 12 has announced a new conference name. The Big 14! The five new additions will be Louisville, Cincinnati, West Virginia, BYU & Memphis. Out of all the conference expansion this tops all. ESPN & the Big 12 along with other TV partners will be working on new deals over the next several months. The Big 12 comes out on top being the best all around conference. Big 14!, Big 14!,..LOL what a statement!
I'm for any conference that brings Louisville, Cincinnati, and Memphis back together!
04-cheers

I'll never get the love affair that UL and UC fans have with Memphis. It must be a basketball thing.
10-18-2011 07:03 AM
uccheese Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats
The last time UC was really good at basketball our biggest games were showdowns with Memphis. They did a lot to help CUSA basketball when we were there. Rather than being bitter about being left behind, they actually kept the series running for a while once UC left. It was an awesome series. I don't care all that much about getting in a conference with them, but most UC fans think highly of Memphis and would like to at least play them again in hoops.

Really the only school I think UC will really care about is UL. If those 2 can remain together, I'm pretty indifferent to the rest of the schools in the conference outside of just wanting to play some good teams.
10-18-2011 07:36 AM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
(10-17-2011 08:11 PM)brista21 Wrote:  Hey SmallVoice its a free country they can post wherever they want as long as they aren't flaming. And I haven't seen anyone doing that by and large. And considering many of those guys have been frequenting these boards for 5, 6, 7 years they've got a lot of street cred.
I agree. Long time posters have plenty of status, and I don't see any reason to separate them out...

BTW, I'd wait for the official announcements before jumping on any bandwagons... 07-coffee3
10-18-2011 08:45 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I think Pitt and Cuse fans should still be posting on this site. But they should not be telling us how much greater the ACC is than the Big East. Like wise we should respect their decision to move on. We are still playing games together. 04-cheers
10-18-2011 09:05 AM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
(10-18-2011 07:03 AM)miko33 Wrote:  
(10-18-2011 06:06 AM)jnewyouth Wrote:  
04-cheers

I'll never get the love affair that UL and UC fans have with Memphis. It must be a basketball thing.

UC/UofL
UofL/Memphis
and to lessor degree UC/Memphis

all have had some amazing basketball games over the years and many years not only competed in the same conference but ususally battled each other for conference championships...and many times all three were ranked playing each other only adding to the quality of the games.

My favorite game I've been to was #7 UC (Fortson and co.) vs #14 Memphis (Lorenzon Wright and co.) on ESPN Thurs night...game was a barn burner and UC won!
And I saw a lot of good games back then...KMart, Fortson, Patterson, etc. were the players on the teams I watched as a student. I've seen UC play a lot of good games, ranked #1 for some of them and play a lot of ranked teams but all in all, the UC/Memphis game I referred was my favorite.
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2011 09:11 AM by Bearcats#1.)
10-18-2011 09:08 AM
adcorbett Offline
This F'n Guy

(10-18-2011 07:03 AM)miko33 Wrote:  I'll never get the love affair that UL and UC fans have with Memphis. It must be a basketball thing.

For each school, they are the first or second most played team in both major sports. Probably no different than how other schools with longtime histories feel.

Besides, I actually loathe Memphis 01-lauramac2
10-18-2011 09:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.