Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UCF to ACC?
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Championships
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
UCF to ACC?
Most experts expect that when/if Villanova accepts an invitation to become the 19th football member of the Big East that the Big East will probably be done expanding for the near future.

The next round of realignment could be triggered soon by the SEC. The SEC has long had its eyes on Texas A&M and they may consider a move over to get out of the long shadow of Texas. What if for the 14th school the SEC also brought over Florida State to dominate the gulf coast region.

Much has been made of UCF's rise in football and basketball. If Florida State did leave for the SEC, could it be that UCF would be the replacement for FSU over the head of South Florida? UCF develops into a BCS buster type program while South Florida lags in the BE.

With the Big East becoming the best basketball conference in recent years and with the upgrade in football, the ACC may not even have enough interest to pull anyone over from the Big East, less maybe USF. If the decision to replace FSU is limited to USF and UCF perhaps UCF gets the call?

UCF moves to the ACC and then down the road its ECU/UH to the Big East for 12.

The M-WAC takes back UTEP and adds Utah St for 12.

For CUSA they rebuild to 12 with UTSA/UNT and WKU/MTSU.

SBC adds TX St, La Tech, Appy St. The WAC is then finished as a football league. NMSU, Idaho, SJSU play on as independents.
04-04-2011 01:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UCFKnight10 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
RE: UCF to ACC?
[Image: 0ff8fb7a_lol_que.jpg]
04-04-2011 01:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
Not going to happen.

First off I see no reason for a conference to expand past 12 in football. There is no financial gain by going to 14, since you already have a championship game. You could argue tv markets but in all honesty the SEC is probably one of the best contracts out there. If there is going to be a conference that becomes a super conference it will probably be a NonAQ trying to grab some attention.

Don't know why the SEC would go after the Big12 and only take one team. If I got A&M I would go after OU or OSU too. FSU to SEC seems like a waste of time for the SEC. The reason why the ACC hasn't done well is because FSU and UM has been a flop and neither team is dominant or played for a national championship for a long time. I don't think Miami is coming back with their current President there. Their AD was looking to book it out of there ASAP (not sure if he left or not) Plus I am sure the SEC doesn't have a problem getting ratings in Florida, UF does a pretty good job throughout the state.

UCF to ACC in general just wouldn't work. I am sure the ACC would look to try a break the Big East again before they dip down into the NonAQs. With FSU and UM there it is impossible for UCF or USF to even get mentioned. If UCF did become a BCS buster the Big East would invite us before anyone else. The 12 model is still pretty attractive.
04-04-2011 01:53 AM
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
Sure the ACC would not mind snagging UCONN, Syracuse, Louisville, Pitt or WVU if they felt the need to move to 14. Most of the Tobacco Road teams were not excited about the ACC going to 12 and the Championship game has not really worked out like they hoped. Not sure what the incentive would be for the ACC to move past 12 with their current TV Contract in place worth almost $1Billion and their other revenue sources. Definitely do not see a scenario of the ACC adding any team that is not already AQ BCS and does not bring significant revenue possibilities with them in Football and Basketball.

Now if we ever see the birth of 16 team mega Conference then all bets are off because the ACC would need to replace teams that they lost to the SEC
04-04-2011 05:49 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
The SEC isn't going to expand. 12 makes them the maximum cash per team. Even if they did go to 14, FSU would not be high on their list. UF would do everything possible to prevent that. I would sooner see them adding North Carolina if they could pry them away from duke. I think they would even take Clemson before FSU. The ACC would not in any case take UCF or USF, They would likely go back for CUSE who is who they really wanted when they got stuck with VT. UCF is and likley will remain a member of CUSA for at least 3 to 5 more years.
04-04-2011 05:52 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

(04-04-2011 05:52 AM)goodknightfl Wrote:  The SEC isn't going to expand. 12 makes them the maximum cash per team. Even if they did go to 14, FSU would not be high on their list. UF would do everything possible to prevent that. I would sooner see them adding North Carolina if they could pry them away from duke. I think they would even take Clemson before FSU. The ACC would not in any case take UCF or USF, They would likely go back for CUSE who is who they really wanted when they got stuck with VT. UCF is and likley will remain a member of CUSA for at least 3 to 5 more years.

Yeah, if the SEC were ever to expand...they would have to expand into a new market (at least one of the 2 new teams has to be from a new market...like a Texas A&M).

SEC won't add say a FSU and a Clemson...two areas already dominated by the SEC (Florida and South Carolina/Northeast Georgia), as TV networks probably won't offer up many new $$$$ for a move like that.

But say SEC moves in TEXAS (even if say Arkansas moves to the Big 12...and swaps spots with Texas A&M), TV Networks would offer new $$$$...even if an existing market added a 14th team...because TEXAS would be huge for the SEC.
04-04-2011 06:43 AM
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
The creation of threads like these are the reasons the Big East board is invite only.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2011 06:49 AM by CatsClaw.)
04-04-2011 06:49 AM
TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

I Root For: The American
05-nono

Also, if Texas joined the SEC, nobody should think they ever have hope of winning the national championship ever again.
04-04-2011 06:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Brown Bull Offline
usf97

I Root For: USF
(04-04-2011 01:06 AM)Kit-Cat Wrote:  Most experts expect that when/if Villanova accepts an invitation to become the 19th football member of the Big East that the Big East will probably be done expanding for the near future.

Wow the 19th football member?!? That is news to me. I haven't heard one expert say that. So who are members 10 through 18? So does that mean there will be 26 basketball teams in this conference?? Talk about a big conference!

03-lmfao
04-04-2011 08:36 AM
dogma Offline
Special Teams

(04-04-2011 01:06 AM)Kit-Cat Wrote:  Most experts expect that when/if Villanova accepts an invitation to become the 19th football member of the Big East that the Big East will probably be done expanding for the near future.

The next round of realignment could be triggered soon by the SEC. The SEC has long had its eyes on Texas A&M and they may consider a move over to get out of the long shadow of Texas. What if for the 14th school the SEC also brought over Florida State to dominate the gulf coast region.

Much has been made of UCF's rise in football and basketball. If Florida State did leave for the SEC, could it be that UCF would be the replacement for FSU over the head of South Florida? UCF develops into a BCS buster type program while South Florida lags in the BE.

With the Big East becoming the best basketball conference in recent years and with the upgrade in football, the ACC may not even have enough interest to pull anyone over from the Big East, less maybe USF. If the decision to replace FSU is limited to USF and UCF perhaps UCF gets the call?

SBC adds TX St, La Tech, Appy St. The WAC is then finished as a football league. NMSU, Idaho, SJSU play on as independents.

Was this a bad/sad attempt of a troll post?
I have the feeling the OP was trying to get a USF/UCF flame war started 05-nono
04-04-2011 09:13 AM
The Brown Bull Offline
usf97

Yeah, the OP doesn't even make sense as regards to UCF. How would UCF become a "BCS buster type program" if they joined the ACC? IF that happened they would already be in a BCS AQ league so they wouldn't ever be able to be a BCS buster program.
04-04-2011 09:28 AM
Advertisement

10thMountain Offline
Heisman

I Root For: A&M, TCU
No offense to UCF...but WHY?

Even if Super conferences come to pass then why would they choose UCF when they can take a school with better academics, better athletics and A larger fan bases?

Why would they take you over prizes like Syracuse, Pittsburgh, UConn or Rutgers?

Even if they lost FSU and wanted another Florida team, why not grab USF to replace them instead? Why would UCF deserve to jump them when you have never played a down of AQ football and for all intents and purposes the same school with one letter difference in the middle?

Who needs "potential" when there are so many candidates available who have long since reached their potential?
04-04-2011 10:13 AM
Goldenbuc Offline
1st String

I always figured that if the SEC expands with any ACC team...the ACC then would expand with a Big East school and then the Big East opens up yet another slot. UCF's chances at BCS still remain within the Big East.

UCF's only shot at the ACC would be if both Miami and FSU were moved out of the ACC and they wanted the Florida market, still. Then I'd think they'd invite both USF and UCF, at that point.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2011 10:37 AM by Goldenbuc.)
04-04-2011 10:36 AM
Theodoresdaddy Offline
All American

I Root For: WVU; Marshall

I'll have what you're smoking

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
04-04-2011 12:00 PM
Actondonkey Offline
Water Engineer

Nice analysis, and I'd much rather have UCF join the ACC or SEC over BE, but I think all Knight fans would agree that UCF should accept the first opportunity to move up, regardless of conference. The location is prime and the athletic program is on the rise; it's just a matter of time.
04-04-2011 01:56 PM
Purple n Gold Offline
No Quarter!

I Root For: East Carolina
UCF does have potential to become a good school and not like a USF who has been in the dumps of the BE forever.. I cant believe BE took USF over TCU in the first place.
04-04-2011 05:31 PM
Advertisement

ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech

Not going to happen.
04-04-2011 05:45 PM
chargeradio Offline
Vamos Morados

I Root For: ALA, KY, USA
I'd see UCF to the ACC only if the ACC lost Miami. This would also require the ACC to pass over USF, which might not be a given.

UCF doesn't really fit the ACC mold academically, but there are plenty of worse options out there from that standpoint.
04-04-2011 05:45 PM
Purple n Gold Offline
No Quarter!

I Root For: East Carolina
I dont see anything wrong with UCF.. Better then the school in Tampa ( not going to be called USF because they are not in Southern Florida)
04-04-2011 05:52 PM
RUfan03 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers, MCC
(04-04-2011 05:45 PM)chargeradio Wrote:  I'd see UCF to the ACC only if the ACC lost Miami. This would also require the ACC to pass over USF, which might not be a given.

UCF doesn't really fit the ACC mold academically, but there are plenty of worse options out there from that standpoint.

My brother who lives in the Miami area tells me that academically, Florida International would be a better fit.
04-04-2011 09:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.