Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

PITT not happy with nova moving up (Merged with other Nova/Temple threads)
qwerty1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: _ _
Temple in Big East...
At least that's what we're hearing recently. Most of the banter is 'football only'. But we're also hearing some all-sports talk. This all came about through arranging future Penn State-Temple football schedules. Either Temple slipped or the PSU people knew something was happening or the ND-Temple football scheduling in a couple of years brought this to the surface.

Don't shoot the messanger (from a B10 sports admin dept).
03-02-2011 02:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
RE: Temple in Big East...
I actually prefer Temple over Nova
03-02-2011 02:40 PM
Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Common Sense
Okay, this is from a BE conference source: "Temple has ZERO chance of ever regaining admission into the Big East but I am hearing that they could be Big Ten bound (for football only)."
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2011 02:44 PM by Dr. Isaly von Yinzer.)
03-02-2011 02:43 PM
Capital Pirate Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina

Crappies
(03-02-2011 02:43 PM)Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Wrote:  Okay, this is from a BE conference source: "Temple has ZERO chance of ever regaining admission into the Big East but I am hearing that they could be Big Ten bound (for football only)."

03-drunk
03-02-2011 02:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cardsshark Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Louisville
(03-02-2011 02:40 PM)animus Wrote:  I actually prefer Temple over Nova

So do I. With Temple you don't have a facilities problem.
03-02-2011 03:02 PM
BigOwensboroCard Offline
1st String

(03-02-2011 02:43 PM)Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Wrote:  Okay, this is from a BE conference source: "Temple has ZERO chance of ever regaining admission into the Big East but I am hearing that they could be Big Ten bound (for football only)."

Ok 1st of all I am not pointing fingers or calling someone out or what ever, but PLEASE don't start with Temple jumping from the MAC straight to the Big Ten as a football only invite. I do agree I like Temple much more than Nova, but that is only if they are all in not as a football only. Also what makes the Big East so sure that they will NEVER be readmitted to the BE for this would if true about the Big Ten which is not would make the Big East look terrible in their decision process and so forth. I just can not see it what so ever for if anyone thinks Temple is going to the Big Ten then Buffalo is right behind them. LOL
03-02-2011 03:34 PM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
(03-02-2011 03:02 PM)Cardsshark Wrote:  
No. Temple has no facility issues. But they still have the issue with a distinct lack of interest in college football in Philadelphia...

If 'nova declines, I hope we bypass Temple as well. We have as much of an audience in Philly as we'd get with Temple. The Owls gain us nothing, except another mouth to feed...
03-02-2011 03:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cardsshark Offline
2nd String

(03-02-2011 03:46 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  
(03-02-2011 03:02 PM)Cardsshark Wrote:  
No. Temple has no facility issues. But they still have the issue with a distinct lack of interest in college football in Philadelphia...

If 'nova declines, I hope we bypass Temple as well. We have as much of an audience in Philly as we'd get with Temple. The Owls gain us nothing, except another mouth to feed...

True. Neither program is going to draw well in Philly. They are a pure pro football town.
03-02-2011 03:57 PM
P. O'Neill Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Big East
I like the version of this rumor on OwlScoop.com better - WVU, Suracuse, Rutgers and USF to ACC and Temple to BE to replace one of them. Also, the USF board has a version going around. Guess someone decided its time to drive traffic on the boards.
03-02-2011 04:27 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
So much for this rumor when you have print saying that Nova is nearing its deal to join the Big East.
03-02-2011 04:28 PM
ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech

Well, if this is true (which I don't believe), you're probably going to get both. 04-jawdrop

Big East - Seton Hall drops to Div II
-----
East
-----
Connecticut
Pittsburgh
Rutgers
Syracuse
Temple
Villanova

South West
-----
Central Florida
Cincinnati
Louisville
South Florida
Texas Christian
West Virginia

Non-football members
-----
Depaul
Georgetown
Marquette
Notre Dame
Providence
Saint Johns
03-02-2011 04:30 PM
Advertisement

ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
Chris... where did you see that at... Adding both makes no logical sense.
03-02-2011 04:33 PM
ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech
(03-02-2011 04:33 PM)animus Wrote:  Chris... where did you see that at... Adding both makes no logical sense.

This thread. I believe Villanova will come up with the funding to move to the FBS combined with this rumor means both are joining. No, it doesn't make sense and I don't believe Temple is going to join the BE.
03-02-2011 04:37 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
In the Nova nearing deal with Big East article. It claims that when Nova says yes, the Big East is done expanding. FWIW
03-02-2011 04:45 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
Temple was a backup plan. Adding Villanova ends expansion RIGHT NOW once Nova is in the fold. . . . .
03-02-2011 05:17 PM
mikeinsec127 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers
As much as I would rather have Temple over Nova, I don't think it was ever a back up plan. Most of the BE seems to think that Temple had its chance and blew it. The BE may not expand even if Nova passes. It may take a break and wait to see what happens to the B12. Bringing in K, KSt and Mizzu would be a far sight better than three C-USA schools.
03-02-2011 07:48 PM
Advertisement

Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Championships
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(03-02-2011 04:45 PM)animus Wrote:  In the Nova nearing deal with Big East article. It claims that when Nova says yes, the Big East is done expanding. FWIW

And this makes the most sense for right now. Why close the door on Notre Dame.

TCU and Villanova add top 10 rated TV markets to the BE football AND save Big East members guarantee money the no longer have to pay out to the likes of the MAC or FCS when moving from a 7 to a 9 game conference schedule.
03-02-2011 09:23 PM
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Championships
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(03-02-2011 04:27 PM)P. ONeill Wrote:  I like the version of this rumor on OwlScoop.com better - WVU, Suracuse, Rutgers and USF to ACC and Temple to BE to replace one of them. Also, the USF board has a version going around. Guess someone decided its time to drive traffic on the boards.

Mass Chain Reaction?

TAMU/VT to SEC
UT/TT/OU/OSU to PAC
Syracuse/Pitt/UConn to ACC
Mizzou/KU/K-State/Baylor(makes sense now w/TCU)/ISU to BE

I could see a Big XII melt down triggering things once again but that would put some of the Big XII schools into the BE as a safety net (MWC is no longer a viable option with TCU in the BE).

Temple finds no BE refuge in this scenario.

If I were Temple I would try and go after CUSA membership as that league has a lot of potential and reputation in men's basketball.
03-02-2011 09:37 PM
draak ijveraar Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
(03-02-2011 03:34 PM)BigOwensboroCard Wrote:  

Ok 1st of all I am not pointing fingers or calling someone out or what ever, but PLEASE don't start with Temple jumping from the MAC straight to the Big Ten as a football only invite. I do agree I like Temple much more than Nova, but that is only if they are all in not as a football only. Also what makes the Big East so sure that they will NEVER be readmitted to the BE for this would if true about the Big Ten which is not would make the Big East look terrible in their decision process and so forth. I just can not see it what so ever for if anyone thinks Temple is going to the Big Ten then Buffalo is right behind them. LOL

it was a joke
03-02-2011 10:07 PM
RUfan03 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers, MCC
Temple would only have a shot if Nova can't come up with the money and the BE passed on UCF, ECU, Houston and SMU. Temple had its chance and blew it. To get back in the Big East they will have to continue winning and develop a fan base. I think the latter is the more difficult task and we have to see how well they continue winning without Golden at the helm. With Temple's fan base they should use the Villanova stadium and let Nova use the Linc.02-13-banana

I tend to agree that C-USA full membership would be a better conference for Temple then the A-10/MAC combination but travel to Texas points could be an issue.
03-03-2011 12:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.