Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
SI's new men's basketball ranking for next year
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
SI's new men's basketball ranking for next year
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/wr...ml?eref=T1

5 BE teams in the top 16. UCONN ranking was done before Majok committed.
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2008 04:05 PM by SF Husky.)
04-28-2008 03:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
RE: SI's new men's basketball ranking for next year
SF Husky Wrote:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/wr...ml?eref=T1

I like our chances very much against the Huskies. You got us by 2 in the regular season in Storrs but we return just as much fire power, as good if not better recruits and finished ahead of you in the BIG EAST and went further in the NCAAs. We are the school with the most returning to go with the USA Today HS POY that made it to the Elite Eight.
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2008 04:39 PM by Maize.)
04-28-2008 04:37 PM
Find all posts by this user
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

BTW, only UCLA is in the same category as the Top 3 BIG EAST teams-(unless the UNC guards come back). I will take UConn, Louisville and Pittsburgh over Duke, UNC and Purdue any day of the week and 3 times on Sunday.
04-28-2008 04:44 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

Maize Wrote:

I like our chances very much against the Huskies. You got us by 2 in the regular season in Storrs but we return just as much fire power, as good if not better recruits and finished ahead of you in the BIG EAST and went further in the NCAAs. We are the school with the most returning to go with the USA Today HS POY that made it to the Elite Eight.

Urgh.. you lose Padgett. Sorry that's a huge loss for you. Your recruiting is better? I doubt it. Your freshman big man have not face anyone like Thabeet yet. It will take him some time to get used to the BE. Also you better hope he is not 1 and done. I would say UCONN is more talented than UL and we got way more size in the middle. We already beat you this year and we just got way better with infusion of more talent. As your NCAA thing, with Price I have no doubt we go further into the NCAA.

How about this for front court: 7'3", 7'1", 7", 6'10", 6'9"

UCONN has 4 potential NBA players in the lineup.

BTW, none of the preseason magazines agree with your ranking. All of them have UCONN ranked higher even before we got Majok.
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2008 05:33 PM by SF Husky.)
04-28-2008 05:32 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

SF Husky Wrote:
Maize Wrote:

Urgh.. you lose Padgett. Sorry that's a huge loss for you. Your recruiting is better? I doubt it. Your freshman big man have not face anyone like Thabeet yet. It will take him some time to get used to the BE. Also you better hope he is not 1 and done. I would say UCONN is more talented than UL and we got way more size in the middle. We already beat you this year and we just got way better with infusion of more talent. As your NCAA thing, with Price I have no doubt we go further into the NCAA.

How about this for front court: 7'3", 7'1", 7", 6'10", 6'9"

UCONN has 4 potential NBA players in the lineup.

BTW, none of the preseason magazines agree with your ranking. All of them have UCONN ranked higher even before we got Majok.

Dude, get a PG, Price is coming off ACL surgery. As we saw in the NCAAs you guys are lost without one.

Also, NOBODY on your frontline is quick enough to guard Williams and Clark. Down the stretch only Georgetown and Pitt was playing as well as Louisville in the BIG EAST. Lucky for you got us pretty early.

BTW, you forgot about our other 6-10 5 Star Top 20 Rivals.com player in Terrence Jennings. We are stacked as well and this is not even counting Reggie Delk for backcourt depth. Also Vitale has us 3rd and that was before Earl Clark came back from the NBA Draft.
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2008 05:41 PM by Maize.)
04-28-2008 05:38 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
Next season's going to be fun, ain't it? 04-cheers
04-28-2008 05:44 PM
Advertisement

Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

bitcruncher Wrote:Next season's going to be fun, ain't it? 04-cheers

BIG EAST Basketball next season=NBA Western Conference
04-28-2008 05:46 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

It's going to be a treat. Fans of The BEast are going to be treated to the best basketball in the nation. The struggle for the top is going to be very interesting.
04-28-2008 05:48 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

Maize Wrote:Also, NOBODY on your frontline is quick enough to guard Williams and Clark.

You lost it right there. UCONN not quick enough to guard UL players? Don't make me laugh. UL might want to try to win a BE championship in anything first before crowing. You know, UCONN has multiple of them.

Here is our potential lineup for next year:

PG Price/Kemba/Austrie/Donnell
SG Dyson/Austrie/Haralson
SF Robinson/Haralson/Majok
PF Adrien/Majok/Edwards
C Thabeet/Edwards/Mandledove/Chuck
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2008 05:50 PM by SF Husky.)
04-28-2008 05:49 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

bitcruncher Wrote:It's going to be a treat. Fans of The BEast are going to be treated to the best basketball in the nation. The struggle for the top is going to be very interesting.

It certainly will be nasty. It will be tough but it will be fun.
04-28-2008 05:50 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

SF Husky Wrote:
Maize Wrote:Also, NOBODY on your frontline is quick enough to guard Williams and Clark.

You lost it right there. UCONN not quick enough to guard UL players? Don't make me laugh. UL might want to try to win a BE championship in anything first before crowing. You know, UCONN has multiple of them.

PF Adrien/Majok/Edwards

Don't count on Price, ACL.

You don't have anyone on your frontline that can guard Earl Clark. Jeff Adrian one on one vs. Earl Clark is a MISMATCH. Earl is too long and quick for him.

BTW, back to back 2nd place Regular Season finishes not bad for a young basketball team that was dominated by Freshmen in 2006-2007 and Sophmores in 2007-2008.

One last thing, you are just as good as your last game. Our last game was against UNC in Charlotte in the Elite Eight. UConn last game was a loss to San Diego, FREAKING SAN DIEGO. 03-banghead 03-banghead 03-banghead
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2008 07:55 PM by Maize.)
04-28-2008 05:55 PM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

SF Husky Wrote:
You lost it right there. UCONN not quick enough to guard UL players? Don't make me laugh.
You're both off if Joe Alexander comes back. Nobody is quick enough to stop him from getting off a jump shot when he really wants to. He ain't a bad passer either.

Everybody else is back too. Huggyball should play well next season. I'm interested in seeing the conference standings at the completion of the regular season.

The BEast tourney should be fun, and I figure WVU will march into the NCAA tourney again. Will they make it 4 straight Sweet 16s?

Will the Mountaineers go further? We'll find out... 04-cheers
04-28-2008 07:54 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

Quote:You're both off if Joe Alexander comes back. Nobody is quick enough to stop him from getting off a jump shot when he really wants to. He ain't a bad passer either.

We know, man I wish he would have hit that free throw against Xavier.
04-28-2008 07:56 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

Maize Wrote:
SF Husky Wrote:

PF Adrien/Majok/Edwards

You don't have anyone on your frontline that can guard Earl Clark. Jeff Adrian one on one vs. Earl Clark is a MISMATCH. Earl is too long and quick for him.

BTW, back to back 2nd place Regular Season finishes not bad for a young basketball team that was dominated by Freshmen in 2006-2007 and Sophmores in 2007-2008.

OK it should be a good game. It will be fun looking forward to it. It has been EXTREMELY frustrating last couple of years as an UCONN basketball fan. It has drove Calhoun nuts too and he overhauled the team. Bunch of guys left and he brought in bunch of talent.

- Scott Haralson is a flat out shooter in the mold of Rashad Anderson

- We got a legit PG of future in Kemba Walker. The kid is a stud. I like him better than Jennings who everyone has #1. He is nowhere as selfish as Jennings. Although UCONN was down to the final 2 for Jennings, I am glad we got Walker since Jennings will be 1 and down at Arizona.

- We got more size in the middle. We are already one of the top defensive teams now imagine with Majok and Chuck added to that?

Seriously, this is a very talented UCONN team top to bottom. We need to make a run next year. Let's hope AJ will be back in full form. He is developed big time this past year and he needs to keep it going if he gonna end up in the NBA.
04-28-2008 07:58 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Maize Wrote:
Quote:You're both off if Joe Alexander comes back. Nobody is quick enough to stop him from getting off a jump shot when he really wants to. He ain't a bad passer either.
We know, man I wish he would have hit that free throw against Xavier.
You and me both, brother. 03-banghead
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2008 07:59 PM by bitcruncher.)
04-28-2008 07:58 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

SF Husky Wrote:
Maize Wrote:
SF Husky Wrote:

PF Adrien/Majok/Edwards

OK it should be a good game. It will be fun looking forward to it. It has been EXTREMELY frustrating last couple of years as an UCONN basketball fan. It has drove Calhoun nuts too and he overhauled the team. Bunch of guys left and he brought in bunch of talent.

- Scott Haralson is a flat out shooter in the mold of Rashad Anderson

- We got a legit PG of future in Kemba Walker. The kid is a stud. I like him better than Jennings who everyone has #1. He is nowhere as selfish as Jennings. Although UCONN was down to the final 2 for Jennings, I am glad we got Walker since Jennings will be 1 and down at Arizona.

- We got more size in the middle. We are already one of the top defensive teams now imagine with Majok and Chuck added to that?

Seriously, this is a very talented UCONN team top to bottom. We need to make a run next year. Let's hope AJ will be back in full form. He is developed big time this past year and he needs to keep it going if he gonna end up in the NBA.

That we can agree on, I see much smack back and forth this year between Louisville fans, UConn fans, WVU fans, Notre Dame Basketball fans and Pitt fans. It is going to be a fun BIG EAST year in football and basketball in 2008-2009.

Please, don't take me seriously. I know how good UConn will be next year and YES you are legit NCAA Title contenders just like about 3 other BIG EAST schools in UofL, Pitt and Notre Dame. Hopefully A.J. will be healthy but I do worry about ACL the 1st year coming back. I saw first hand what a knee injury can do with David Padgett.
04-28-2008 08:02 PM
Advertisement

SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

Maize Wrote:That we can agree on, I see much smack back and forth this year between Louisville fans, UConn fans, WVU fans, Notre Dame Basketball fans and Pitt fans. It is going to be a fun BIG EAST year in football and basketball in 2008-2009.

Please, don't take me seriously. I know how good UConn will be next year and YES you are legit NCAA Title contenders just like about 3 other BIG EAST schools in UofL, Pitt and Notre Dame. Hopefully A.J. will be healthy but I do worry about ACL the 1st year coming back. I saw first hand what a knee injury can do with David Padgett.

No doubt Pitino like Calhoun is a great coach. No game will be easy next year. We saw that kid Rush (??) from Kansas who came back from ACL and did fine. I hope for everything AJ has gone through, he will be back. UCONN certainly needs him. From everything we have seen in Kemba Walker, the kid is a stud pure PG which we need badly. He guarded Jennings at McD game 1-on-1 and was fine.

I won't count on Pitt. Pitt always do well in the BET but for whatever reason they always choke in the NCAA.
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2008 08:05 PM by SF Husky.)
04-28-2008 08:05 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

SF Husky Wrote:
Maize Wrote:That we can agree on, I see much smack back and forth this year between Louisville fans, UConn fans, WVU fans, Notre Dame Basketball fans and Pitt fans. It is going to be a fun BIG EAST year in football and basketball in 2008-2009.

No doubt Pitino like Calhoun is a great coach. No game will be easy next year. We saw that kid Rush (??) from Kansas who came back from ACL and did fine. I hope for everything AJ has gone through, he will be back. UCONN certainly needs him. From everything we have seen in Kemba Walker, the kid is a stud pure PG which we need badly. He guarded Jennings at McD game 1-on-1 and was fine.

I won't count on Pitt. Pitt always do well in the BET but for whatever reason they always choke in the NCAA.

Pitt was very strong in the regular season until the injuries hit. But you are right they do own the BET.

The BIG EAST will go about 11 deep next year and IMO has 10-11 teams that can make the NCAA next year.

UConn, Louisville, West Virginia, Pittsburgh, Georgetown, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Marquette with Seton Hall, Cincinnati and DePaul in the wings.
04-28-2008 08:14 PM
cincy04 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: cincinnati
Just curious to see how you guys think UC will do next year. I'm optimistic that our team will be much better next year than this past season, but the conference is going to be unbelievable next year. THanks for your thoughts.
04-28-2008 08:35 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

cincy04 Wrote:Just curious to see how you guys think UC will do next year. I'm optimistic that our team will be much better next year than this past season, but the conference is going to be unbelievable next year. THanks for your thoughts.

I think you guys should be much better next year. Cincy really lacked a big man this year. Yancy should help out a lot. Also your best player is back. I think you won't be able to compete with top of the BE but you should be competative with bottom half of the BE. I would say Cincy finishes somewhere in the middleto lower quarter of the conference. This is the price you pay to be in the BE. Unfortunately for most coaches you need to recruit future NBA players to have a good chance to win the conference or be competative.
04-28-2008 09:41 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.