Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Pretty interesting rumor going around that...
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:
Pretty interesting rumor going around that...
Larry Brown is interested in the Providence job...I heard on the radio tonight here in WV and it is also all over the PC board

Jackson
04-08-2008 07:06 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

bww Offline
McCuse

I Root For: Bearcats
RE: Pretty interesting rumor going around that...
Saying that would be "Huge" for Providence would be the understatement of the year.
04-08-2008 07:42 PM
TIGER-PAUL Offline
All American

I Root For: PITT
yeah, like in huge contract.
04-08-2008 09:10 PM
vinman3 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WVU & Big 12
TIGER-PAUL Wrote:yeah, like in huge contract.

If the rumor is true. Brown would have understand that he would not be doing it for the $$$$$$$$$. If that is the case, that hire would be HUGE for Providence, and the list of tremendous BEAST coaches would increase once again.
04-09-2008 06:59 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
Brown said he is bored and wants something to do. Pretty sure he won't need top dollar.
04-09-2008 10:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
TexanMark Wrote:Brown said he is bored and wants something to do.

HIs name has already been mentioned for several NBA teams...who's HC jobs will probably start opening up in a few weeks.

Considering how the Knicks paid him almost $20 Million to "go away"...Brown is just looking for something to do...but some school/NBA team will still throw Millions at him....which he will take...and leave either on his own or by force in just 2-3 years on the job...as Brown has been a head coach of 8 NBA teams in just a 23 season period. (Not even including a "stop" as the HC of UCLA...and 5 years at Kansas too).

Brown's tenure got shorter over his last 2 stops (Detriot only 2 years and the Knicks just one disastrous season).
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2008 11:03 AM by KnightLight.)
04-09-2008 10:57 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
KnightLight Wrote:
TexanMark Wrote:Brown said he is bored and wants something to do.

HIs name has already been mentioned for several NBA teams...who's HC jobs will probably start opening up in a few weeks.

Considering how the Knicks paid him almost $20 Million to "go away"...Brown is just looking for something to do...but some school/NBA team will still throw Millions at him....which he will take...and leave either on his own or by force in just 2-3 years on the job...as Brown has been a head coach of 8 NBA teams in just a 23 season period. (Not even including a "stop" as the HC of UCLA...and 5 years at Kansas too).

Brown's tenure got shorter over his last 2 stops (Detriot only 2 years and the Knicks just one disastrous season).

Agreed--I wish I could get paid like that for my ADHD

Now what was I going to do?
04-09-2008 11:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
gdayre Offline
All American

I Root For:
It was just rumored about a week ago, that the Grizzlies might hire him. Dont know if it is true or not.
04-09-2008 01:00 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Brown would be there for a year tops and get bored again.
04-09-2008 02:39 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.