CSNbbs
Pretty interesting rumor going around that... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Pretty interesting rumor going around that... (/thread-294089.html)

Pretty interesting rumor going around that... - Jackson1011 - 04-08-2008 07:06 PM

Larry Brown is interested in the Providence job...I heard on the radio tonight here in WV and it is also all over the PC board

Jackson

RE: Pretty interesting rumor going around that... - bww - 04-08-2008 07:42 PM

Saying that would be "Huge" for Providence would be the understatement of the year.

RE: Pretty interesting rumor going around that... - TIGER-PAUL - 04-08-2008 09:10 PM

yeah, like in huge contract.

RE: Pretty interesting rumor going around that... - vinman3 - 04-09-2008 06:59 AM

TIGER-PAUL Wrote:yeah, like in huge contract.

If the rumor is true. Brown would have understand that he would not be doing it for the $$$$$$$$$. If that is the case, that hire would be HUGE for Providence, and the list of tremendous BEAST coaches would increase once again.

RE: Pretty interesting rumor going around that... - TexanMark - 04-09-2008 10:26 AM

Brown said he is bored and wants something to do. Pretty sure he won't need top dollar.

RE: Pretty interesting rumor going around that... - KnightLight - 04-09-2008 10:57 AM

TexanMark Wrote:Brown said he is bored and wants something to do.

HIs name has already been mentioned for several NBA teams...who's HC jobs will probably start opening up in a few weeks.

Considering how the Knicks paid him almost $20 Million to "go away"...Brown is just looking for something to do...but some school/NBA team will still throw Millions at him....which he will take...and leave either on his own or by force in just 2-3 years on the job...as Brown has been a head coach of 8 NBA teams in just a 23 season period. (Not even including a "stop" as the HC of UCLA...and 5 years at Kansas too).

Brown's tenure got shorter over his last 2 stops (Detriot only 2 years and the Knicks just one disastrous season).

RE: Pretty interesting rumor going around that... - TexanMark - 04-09-2008 11:46 AM

KnightLight Wrote:
TexanMark Wrote:Brown said he is bored and wants something to do.

HIs name has already been mentioned for several NBA teams...who's HC jobs will probably start opening up in a few weeks.

Considering how the Knicks paid him almost $20 Million to "go away"...Brown is just looking for something to do...but some school/NBA team will still throw Millions at him....which he will take...and leave either on his own or by force in just 2-3 years on the job...as Brown has been a head coach of 8 NBA teams in just a 23 season period. (Not even including a "stop" as the HC of UCLA...and 5 years at Kansas too).

Brown's tenure got shorter over his last 2 stops (Detriot only 2 years and the Knicks just one disastrous season).

Agreed--I wish I could get paid like that for my ADHD

Now what was I going to do?

RE: Pretty interesting rumor going around that... - gdayre - 04-09-2008 01:00 PM

It was just rumored about a week ago, that the Grizzlies might hire him. Dont know if it is true or not.

RE: Pretty interesting rumor going around that... - fsquid - 04-09-2008 02:39 PM

Brown would be there for a year tops and get bored again.