Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What is it going to take to jump on PGs...
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

Like Felton and Gilchrist? Obviously they are leading their team into the gutter of the ACC, but everyone wants to jump on Duhon for leading his team to an undefeated record in the ACC.

What's it gonna take?
01-23-2004 06:01 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

techfan4
Unregistered

Into the gutter? We're 4 games in and you're saying its over. :rolleyes:
01-23-2004 07:56 PM
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

techfan4 Wrote:Into the gutter? We're 4 games in and you're saying its over. :rolleyes:
Where did I say it was over?

I just said that UNC and Maryland are in the gutter, which implies RIGHT NOW. I didn't say anything about later in the season.

Last year, when Duhon was preseason ACC POY, people jumped all over him when he had a fairly good year... and didn't exactly lead his team to dominance.

This year, Ray was preseason ACC POY, preseason ALL American, and his team is in the gutter. When will people start to jump all over him? He's already been dominated by Gilchrist, who IMO, is far less talented than Felton.
01-24-2004 09:51 AM
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

BTW, Techfan, work on your reading comprehension skills. Tech is a great school, surely you learned something while you were there... or... if you didn... nevermind.
01-24-2004 09:52 AM
Terpy
Unregistered

This thread belongs in the ACC trash talk. [Image: icon13.gif]

And if you really think Duhon is a better player than Felton you are nuts.
01-24-2004 12:55 PM
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

I never said that, and I certainly don't believe that. I think Felton is head and shoulders a better player than Duhon. However, Felton is not playing like the ACCPOY, so why isn't anyone jumping on him like everyone did with Duhon last year?
01-24-2004 02:34 PM
Advertisement

kaisersayzo Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

nate jonesacc Wrote:Like Felton and Gilchrist? Obviously they are leading their team into the gutter of the ACC, but everyone wants to jump on Duhon for leading his team to an undefeated record in the ACC.

What's it gonna take?
Mindless dolt! Without JJ, Deng, Ewing, and Shelden picking up all the points, Duhon would look like my mother out there. I love how much you want to pump up this kid. Compared to other Duke PG's in the past, he doesn't tread water. Compared to other PG's in the conference (as the only senior), the competition is passing him by. Keep up your fantasy and make sure you follow the pro team he destroys.

I can't speak for UNC, but UMD's expectations for this year was to establish roles and determine positions. We are still going through the learning phase. Considering all that, we are 2-3 in the conference with the toughest starting 5 ACC games of all other teams. 2 of the losses were on the road (FSU, and G'TECH). You know about the other. We beat UNC at home and Clemson on the road. UMD is no championship team this year....every one knows that.

You claim that JG is leading UMD into the toilet is sh*t. You have said it yourself that in the next couple year's JG will be a much better PG than Duhon. I just happen to think he already is. Deal with it!
01-26-2004 12:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kaisersayzo Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

nate jonesacc Wrote:
techfan4 Wrote:Into the gutter? We're 4 games in and you're saying its over.  :rolleyes:
Where did I say it was over?

I just said that UNC and Maryland are in the gutter, which implies RIGHT NOW. I didn't say anything about later in the season.

Last year, when Duhon was preseason ACC POY, people jumped all over him when he had a fairly good year... and didn't exactly lead his team to dominance.

This year, Ray was preseason ACC POY, preseason ALL American, and his team is in the gutter. When will people start to jump all over him? He's already been dominated by Gilchrist, who IMO, is far less talented than Felton.
Felton is a better PG than JG. He is the best PG in the ACC. Let's not forget that Felton couldn't handle JG and had to switch off because he was being abused. JG is a better shooter and a better rebounder. Felton is a better passer, he's faster and has great court vision. Both will be great pros. Duhon will not.

ps. I don't remember JG getting any POY or All-American pre-season hype, yet he is playing just as well as Felton and Duhon.
01-26-2004 12:16 PM
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

kaisersayzo Wrote:
nate jonesacc Wrote:Like Felton and Gilchrist? Obviously they are leading their team into the gutter of the ACC, but everyone wants to jump on Duhon for leading his team to an undefeated record in the ACC.

What's it gonna take?
Mindless dolt! Without JJ, Deng, Ewing, and Shelden picking up all the points, Duhon would look like my mother out there. I love how much you want to pump up this kid. Compared to other Duke PG's in the past, he doesn't tread water. Compared to other PG's in the conference (as the only senior), the competition is passing him by. Keep up your fantasy and make sure you follow the pro team he destroys.

I can't speak for UNC, but UMD's expectations for this year was to establish roles and determine positions. We are still going through the learning phase. Considering all that, we are 2-3 in the conference with the toughest starting 5 ACC games of all other teams. 2 of the losses were on the road (FSU, and G'TECH). You know about the other. We beat UNC at home and Clemson on the road. UMD is no championship team this year....every one knows that.

You claim that JG is leading UMD into the toilet is sh*t. You have said it yourself that in the next couple year's JG will be a much better PG than Duhon. I just happen to think he already is. Deal with it!
You can pull that crap for whoever you want! Hurley had Laettner, Grant Hill, Brian Davis and others... without them, he would suck!

If JWill didn't have Battier, Boozer, Dunleavy and Nate James he would have sucked too!

Gilchrist in 2 years will be better than Duhon is right now. But you are just showing your biased *** to everyone by thinking he already is... Even after Duhon outplayed him.
01-26-2004 02:14 PM
jrhessey Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cleveland
SkunkworksNCAAbbs LUG

Ntae... I think you should take the English class...

-ing implies future tense, which means that if you are leading someone to the gutter, you are in the process of taking a team to the gutter.... and therefore it hasn't taken place it will take place in the future... You should have used the word... LED which means that the team is currently in the gutter. Any 4th grader know that.... Maybe that is what that 3 year degree the Duke ballers are enrolled in gets you...
01-26-2004 02:32 PM
kaisersayzo Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

nate jonesacc Wrote:
kaisersayzo Wrote:

What's it gonna take?

You can pull that crap for whoever you want! Hurley had Laettner, Grant Hill, Brian Davis and others... without them, he would suck!

If JWill didn't have Battier, Boozer, Dunleavy and Nate James he would have sucked too!

Gilchrist in 2 years will be better than Duhon is right now. But you are just showing your biased *** to everyone by thinking he already is... Even after Duhon outplayed him.
Can you explain to me how Duhon outplayed JG? If you ask me they both kinda sucked that game. Their stats off-set each other and that's that. Now besides that, JG has outplayed Duhon and played better teams than Duhon (A/TO ration the exception). Why can't you admit that JG does more with less? Duhon has better players around him that allow him to look better. JG has all these impressive stats while working with a young-new team. If he isn't better than Duhon, he is certainly as good.

ps. Steve Blake was good every year he played...even when Juan, Baxter, Wilcox and Mouton left. Hide behind that excuse all you want. JWill would have been great anywhere, Blake too, JG too......Duhon? Nope.
01-26-2004 02:41 PM
Advertisement

nate jonesacc
Unregistered

GOOD EXAMPLE... Should we say "To hell with Blake's assist numbers" because he played alongside Juan Dixon, Baxter, Wilcox and others??

Hell no! We shouldn't do that for Duhon either!

And I have explained numerous times how duhon got the better of JG.
01-26-2004 04:04 PM
Jenibu
Unregistered

nate jonesacc Wrote:GOOD EXAMPLE... Should we say "To hell with Blake's assist numbers" because he played alongside Juan Dixon, Baxter, Wilcox and others??
I think the guy meant that Blake proved he was good regardless of who was around him after Juan, Lonny, Wilcox, etc. left.

and FWIW, Duhon sucks because I don't like him. :D
01-26-2004 05:27 PM
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

Jenibu Wrote:
nate jonesacc Wrote:GOOD EXAMPLE... Should we say "To hell with Blake's assist numbers" because he played alongside Juan Dixon, Baxter, Wilcox and others??
I think the guy meant that Blake proved he was good regardless of who was around him after Juan, Lonny, Wilcox, etc. left.

Even with Nicholas and co. around him, he had plenty of talent.
01-26-2004 06:24 PM
kaisersayzo Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

nate jonesacc Wrote:
Jenibu Wrote:

I'm sorry Nate but Nicholas was no Juan and Randle was no Baxter and Holden was no Wilcox. Duhon will never have to pass the tests Blake did, because he will always be surrounded by better players than him.
01-28-2004 11:20 AM
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

kaisersayzo Wrote:
nate jonesacc Wrote:
Jenibu Wrote:

I'm sorry Nate but Nicholas was no Juan and Randle was no Baxter and Holden was no Wilcox. Duhon will never have to pass the tests Blake did, because he will always be surrounded by better players than him.
Deng is the only player on Duke who is better than Duhon... I promise you that.
01-28-2004 02:56 PM
Advertisement

kaisersayzo Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

nate jonesacc Wrote:
kaisersayzo Wrote:
nate jonesacc Wrote:
Jenibu Wrote:

Are you out of your mind? JJ is the best shooter in the NCAA's. Shelden is becoming a real threat inside and is already a defensive moster and let's not forget the offensive brilliance of the only white man I know who has an afro...Horvath (yes joke). Then there's Deng who is also far better. Duhon fluctuates from 3rd to 4th best on the floor (depending on the line-up). I might even stretch to say Ewing is as good if not better.

YOU ARE CRAZY!
01-28-2004 04:06 PM
Jenibu
Unregistered

kaisersayzo Wrote:and let's not forget the offensive brilliance of the only white man I know who has an afro...Horvath (yes joke).
Actually, I think Matt Walsh and Luke Shenser (however you spell his last name; red-haired gt post player) could fall into the "white men with afros" category.
01-28-2004 06:53 PM
kaisersayzo Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Jenibu Wrote:
kaisersayzo Wrote:and let's not forget the offensive brilliance of the only white man I know who has an afro...Horvath (yes joke).
Actually, I think Matt Walsh and Luke Shenser (however you spell his last name; red-haired gt post player) could fall into the "white men with afros" category.
I guess you could say that...but I think their hair is a perm. Horvath has to keep his nappy hair short or we would see a scene right out of SHAFT!
01-29-2004 08:38 AM
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

kaisersayzo Wrote:
nate jonesacc Wrote:
kaisersayzo Wrote:
nate jonesacc Wrote:
Jenibu Wrote:

Are you out of your mind? JJ is the best shooter in the NCAA's. Shelden is becoming a real threat inside and is already a defensive moster and let's not forget the offensive brilliance of the only white man I know who has an afro...Horvath (yes joke). Then there's Deng who is also far better. Duhon fluctuates from 3rd to 4th best on the floor (depending on the line-up). I might even stretch to say Ewing is as good if not better.

YOU ARE CRAZY!
JJ is the best SHOOTER in the NCAAs... but that is the ONLY part of his game that is above average. He is a great shooter, not a great player. Shelden is probably the most inconsistent player on Duke... What did he have against FSU? 2 points and 3 rebounds or something? Duhon brings it every night in one way or another... He leads the team emotionally, mentally and physically (on the court). He rarely makes mistakes and he does all the little things that only Deng does (besides Duhon).

Trust me, this is the order of the best Duke players (and I know Coach K agrees with at least 75% of this).

1) Deng
2) Duhon
3) Shelden
4) JJ
5) Ewing
6) Shavlik
7) Dockery
01-30-2004 06:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.