Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Academic Standards
Bookmark and Share
TrumanWKU Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

<a href='http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050721/EDIT01/507210317/1020/EDIT' target='_blank'>Don;t recruit problem players!</a> 05-nono
07-21-2005 07:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Big Squirrel Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Hmm... I'm still kind of hung up on the APR thing. I don't think it's right that a school gets penalized if a player transfers when they are in good academic standing. If you look at Western, our scores are low because we lost several players when Coach Horn took over. All of the players were in good academic standing, but just chose to continue their academic careers elsewhere. Now, we're going to get penalized again for Higgins departure, even though, his grades were fine too. We haven't had players jumping to the pros or flunking out, yet our scores are below those of teams that have some "bad apples".
07-21-2005 09:41 AM
racerbymarriage Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I think everyone is going to have to be more careful recruiting. Of course, you can't help the homesick or those who transfer to follow a significant other. All sports are affected by the transfer rule. I think that rule has been in effect for a while. I don't know - I'll have to check. It's not particuarly fair, though. I agree with you on that Big Squirrel.
07-22-2005 01:54 AM
Advertisement

Beaureguard Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

APR is ridiculous, it penalizes teams like Duke for having good enough players to go to the NBA early
07-22-2005 08:22 AM
Big Squirrel Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Now you know good and damn well that the NCAA isn't going to do anything to penalize Duke or Coach Kryaougoiaheguihpiergjnunegieiuski. 05-nono

They are the greatest team ever, with the greatest coach ever!! 04-bow

Haven't you seen the 5,000,000,000 AMEX commercials whoring their product?
07-22-2005 09:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.