CSNbbs
New Academic Standards - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Team Talk (/forum-432.html)
+----- Forum: Western Kentucky (/forum-304.html)
+----- Thread: New Academic Standards (/thread-13015.html)

- TrumanWKU - 07-21-2005 07:22 AM

<a href='http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050721/EDIT01/507210317/1020/EDIT' target='_blank'>Don;t recruit problem players!</a> 05-nono

- Big Squirrel - 07-21-2005 09:41 AM

Hmm... I'm still kind of hung up on the APR thing. I don't think it's right that a school gets penalized if a player transfers when they are in good academic standing. If you look at Western, our scores are low because we lost several players when Coach Horn took over. All of the players were in good academic standing, but just chose to continue their academic careers elsewhere. Now, we're going to get penalized again for Higgins departure, even though, his grades were fine too. We haven't had players jumping to the pros or flunking out, yet our scores are below those of teams that have some "bad apples".

- racerbymarriage - 07-22-2005 01:54 AM

I think everyone is going to have to be more careful recruiting. Of course, you can't help the homesick or those who transfer to follow a significant other. All sports are affected by the transfer rule. I think that rule has been in effect for a while. I don't know - I'll have to check. It's not particuarly fair, though. I agree with you on that Big Squirrel.

- Beaureguard - 07-22-2005 08:22 AM

APR is ridiculous, it penalizes teams like Duke for having good enough players to go to the NBA early

- Big Squirrel - 07-22-2005 09:19 AM

Now you know good and damn well that the NCAA isn't going to do anything to penalize Duke or Coach Kryaougoiaheguihpiergjnunegieiuski. 05-nono

They are the greatest team ever, with the greatest coach ever!! 04-bow

Haven't you seen the 5,000,000,000 AMEX commercials whoring their product?