Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Are You Going To Miss Marshall In MAC
Bookmark and Share
MadEagle Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss

Lets face it I know most of you will all say no. But why would you say that ? Marshall gave the MAC a huge lift in the national spotlight. Bowling Green, Toledo, Miami Ohio, and Northern Illinois all built their programs around beating Marshall and Western Michigan. So lets see you're vote and be honest about how you feel about Marshall, Dont be all negative about it be honest in how you feel about the Marshall progam.
05-15-2005 09:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

I would have voted yes.

The MAC is better with Marshall.

Unfortunately, I don't agree with the premise of the question.

Next step?

Lately, they've been more like a foot stool.

I won't miss that brand of arrogance.
05-15-2005 09:16 PM
skeeter Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Mad Eagle.. you must enjoy bull fighting, nothin' like wavin' the red cape in front of the bull.. 03-wink
05-15-2005 09:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MadEagle Offline
All American

skeeter Wrote:Mad Eagle.. you must enjoy bull fighting, nothin' like wavin' the red cape in front of the bull.. 03-wink
I do enjoy bullfighting. :) But I mean really how could you not miss those guys being in your league they were so good for so long, I know everybody wanted to beat Marshall and there towards the end a few of you did. How can you agrue that they did not help the MAC ?
05-15-2005 09:24 PM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

MadEagle Wrote:Lets face it I know most of you will all say no. But why would you say that ? Marshall gave the MAC a huge lift in the national spotlight. Bowling Green, Toledo, Miami Ohio, and Northern Illinois all built their programs around beating Marshall and Western Michigan. So lets see you're vote and be honest about how you feel about Marshall, Dont be all negative about it be honest in how you feel about the Marshall progam.
I really don't know because I will miss the rivalry that began between Toledo and Marshall. On the other hand, Marshall got caught cheating again (the first time they were kicked out of the MAC because of cheating) and it is starting to get old with Marshall being in the MAC and getting caught cheating.

Not sure what your comment about other MAC schools built their programs around beating Marshall and Western Michigan. WMU had two good season in 1999 and 2000. Toledo won the MAC in 1995 and played in the first two MACC games against Marshall in 1997 and 1998. Toledo has won 10 of their last 11 games (14 of the last 16 games) against Western Michigan. The one loss was in 2000, a year that Toledo went 10-1 and beat Penn State in Happy Valley. I can see your point of Marshall, but not Western Michigan.

Back to Marshall........I will not miss their fans that continually put down the MAC and every school in the conference. I will not miss the lies that their fans come up with in attempts to put down the MAC and other schools in the conference.

I will however miss playing them, especially after winning 3 of the last 4 against them, which were all games that were on national TV.
05-15-2005 09:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
skeeter Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Quote:I do enjoy bullfighting.  But I mean really how could you not miss those guys being in your league they were so good for so long, I know everybody wanted to beat Marshall and there towards the end a few of you did. How can you agrue that they did not help the MAC ?

I won't argue that Marshall got the ball rolling in the MAC, but a few of the other schools followed suit, and as you mentioned were beating Marshall. I won't miss 'em as it appeared that a number of their fans were completely unhappy as members of the MAC, and made it abundantly clear. If they don't want to be here, then I'm happy that they're gone.
05-15-2005 09:28 PM
Advertisement

rocketfootball Offline
Legend

MadEagle Wrote:
skeeter Wrote:Mad Eagle..  you must enjoy bull fighting, nothin' like wavin' the red cape in front of the bull..  03-wink
I do enjoy bullfighting. :) But I mean really how could you not miss those guys being in your league they were so good for so long, I know everybody wanted to beat Marshall and there towards the end a few of you did. How can you agrue that they did not help the MAC ?
They helped the MAC. Unfortunately they cheated in the process and that is a bit of a black eye on the MAC. Anytime that a conference mate goes on probation and loses scholarships it is a blow to the conference reputation.

I also know that Marshall's run in the MAC did not see them win any championship on a field away from their home field.
05-15-2005 09:30 PM
MadEagle Offline
All American

I can see where any of you would get mad at the fans for talking sh!t about your conference now that they are out of it. So I really dont blame you their at all. We fans of C-USA have to hear that same sh!t from Louisville fans who's football team had a great season this year but also had a 1-10 season in 98. I am really just talking about the games when you played Marshall I know you had to wanted to kick their A$$ for being so good.

About the Western Michigan thing I thought but I was proved wrong that they were the better team in the western divison of the MAC in the late 90's and early 2000's BUT rest assure I know that you guys in Toledo have been pretty damn good in the recent years.
05-15-2005 09:34 PM
HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

MadEagle Wrote:Northern Illinois all built their programs around beating Marshall and Western Michigan.
No, we didn't. We built our program around being competitive with Illinois (Big Ten title year), Northwestern (Big Ten title year), Wisconsin (bowl season), Auburn (bowl season) and beating Wake Forest (bowl season), Bowling Green, Miami U, Maryland (NY Day bowl team), Alabama, Iowa State. We never got a shot at Marshall when we were top notch and we simply passed WMU in the night.
05-15-2005 09:42 PM
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Championships
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

I miss Marshall because they are a unique school with a unique fan base who has all these peculiar beliefs which added spice to what was a very boring Mid-American Conference before they joined.
05-15-2005 09:42 PM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

MadEagle Wrote:I can see where any of you would get mad at the fans for talking sh!t about your conference now that they are out of it. So I really dont blame you their at all. We fans of C-USA have to hear that same sh!t from Louisville fans who's football team had a great season this year but also had a 1-10 season in 98.
Marshall fans were talking ****** when they were in the MAC too. It's a little different than what C-USA has seen with the defecting schools.
05-15-2005 09:52 PM
Advertisement

BeatWestern Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

It's so comical to have a C-USA fan come over here and imply that the MAC basically wasn't schit before our hillbilly friends showed up for the second time with their cheatin' football program.

I seem to recall a bowl game back in the 1970s known as the Tangerine Bowl that pitted the MAC Champion against an at large team, primarily from the SEC. Hmm, in three consecutive years Miami (the original one in Ohio) beat South Carolina, Florida and Georgia. After those wins in the early '70s, it seems those "BCS" schools had seen enough of that "other" Miami from Ohio.

My point is, the MAC has a great history. A history that is so much larger than Marshall, Toledo, Miami, or even Central Michigan, which has four titles and is one of the winningest programs in the MAC since joining the conference in 1975.

The MAC was strong before Marshall joined, the first AND second time, and it will be even stronger as we head toward the 22nd century with great momentum under the leadership of Rick Chryst..
05-15-2005 10:17 PM
FtLauderdaleRocket Offline
Yet Another Florida Rocket

I voted yes. I liked having them in the league because they are a recognizable name. I enjoyed the rivalry that Toledo had with them and I hope that in the future the two programs can find a way to continue it.
05-15-2005 10:23 PM
MadEagle Offline
All American

rocketfootball Wrote:
MadEagle Wrote:I can see where any of you would get mad at the fans for talking sh!t about your conference now that they are out of it. So I really dont blame you their at all. We fans of C-USA have to hear that same sh!t from Louisville fans who's football team had a great season this year but also had a 1-10 season in 98.
Marshall fans were talking ****** when they were in the MAC too. It's a little different than what C-USA has seen with the defecting schools.
No really its not Louisville fans have always thought their program was Gods Gift to college football. Now to the fan who said i implied the MAC was not sh!t before Marshall came into the league show me where I put that in any of my post. Yes the MAC has a history but the league didnt get as noticed as it did after Marshall came back into it. I mean Kit-Kat went as far as to say you're league was boring. That was far worse than anything I said. But I can see where he would say that. I dont remember to many MAC games being on tv before Marshall came into the league. And my responce to the Northern Illinois fan you can say what you want but the fact of the matter is that in the history of college football teams build to beat the champions of their conference. And Marshall dominated the MAC in the late 90's early 2000's and if I am correct you recruited Micheal Turner and your other top running backs during that time period. So to say you did not recruit to beat Marshall would be very comical.
05-15-2005 11:11 PM
skeeter Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

MadEagle Wrote:.. I mean Kit-Kat went as far as to say you're league was boring. That was far worse than anything I said. But I can see where he would say that.
Believing anything, and I mean absolutely anything, that Kit-Kat posts certainly means you're smoking nastier ****** than even he sells. 03-wink
05-16-2005 12:36 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

I'll miss my team kicking Marshall's @ss. That was always fun, but other than that, good riddance to the whole lot of cheating whiners and their obnoxious sense of entitlement.

We're better off without them.
05-16-2005 07:35 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RedSteve Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

MadEagle Wrote:Now to the fan who said i implied the MAC was not sh!t before Marshall came into the league show me where I put that in any of my post.
um, does anyone care to explain to this rocket scientist what the word "implied" means?
05-16-2005 08:00 AM
DevilGrad Offline
All American

I Root For:

Or remind him that the MAC had top 25 finishers shortly before Marshall joined the league?

I give Marshall "credit" for setting off a mini-version of the athletic arms race that has engulfed college football over the last fifteen years. They came into the league spending a million dollars a year more than any other school in the MAC and had a commitment to upgrading facilities that it took most of our members several years to match (and, in many cases, now surpass).

I give them no credit for buying a championship game on their home field, engaging in what apparently was wholesale academic fraud, turning a blind eye to paying players, and taking on a series of head cases that didn't belong in any college -- even one with Marshall's admissions standards -- in a go-for-broke quest to establish a national name for the university on the backs of its football players. They also led the league in player arrests every year they were in the conference.

On balance, they won't be missed. And in three years, you'll understand why.

<a href='http://www.goodbyeherd.com' target='_blank'>http://www.goodbyeherd.com</a>
05-16-2005 08:23 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

I'll miss the iami coaches decking those snot nosed kids on the field. Yep, I'll miss Marshall.
05-16-2005 08:27 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Zippy989 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Akron

I voted "Yes" cause I will miss watching their arrogant fans whine and complain after "giving" another game away to the Zips...

As rough as it has been as an Akron fan, we always played the Herd tough at home and more often than not, sent them home with their tails between their legs.... I will miss that....
05-16-2005 08:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.