Is this a C-USA Board or a BE Board?
Bookmark and Share
SMUstang Offline
Banned

I Root For: SMU Mustangs
Is this a C-USA Board or a BE Board?
It's hard to tell at times.
08-05-2006 09:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UTEPDallas Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTEP/Penn State

Its the offseason....not much going on. That"s why you see so many posters from other conferences here. It is the same on the Big East board....too many CUSA fans there. Once football season starts....you will see everybody going back to their respective boards.
08-05-2006 10:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
72Tiger Offline
Up your nose with a rubber hose

I Root For: Larry
DonatorsDonatorsDonators

one of the things I like most about this board is that you can jump around so easily to all the other team/conference sites. just wish there were more active ones.
08-05-2006 10:57 AM
Alister Fiend Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Southern Miss

UTEPDallas Wrote:Its the offseason....not much going on. That"s why you see so many posters from other conferences here. It is the same on the Big East board....too many CUSA fans there. Once football season starts....you will see everybody going back to their respective boards.

I'm not sure but I think the intent of the original post was that we (CUSA fans) spend an awful lot of time discussing the Big East on this board.
08-05-2006 11:02 AM
SMUstang Offline
Banned

Alister Fiend Wrote:
UTEPDallas Wrote:Its the offseason....not much going on. That"s why you see so many posters from other conferences here. It is the same on the Big East board....too many CUSA fans there. Once football season starts....you will see everybody going back to their respective boards.

I'm not sure but I think the intent of the original post was that we (CUSA fans) spend an awful lot of time discussing the Big East on this board.

That's correct, but only the C-USA East seems preoccupied with the BE.
08-05-2006 11:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SouthGAEagle Offline
Overzealous Admin

I Root For: Mercer & USM

SkunkworksDonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesSurvivor Champion

Hey, maybe we can set up a new board that exists for banter between the Conference USA folks and the Big East folks, to keep the stuff of our respective main boards.... I've even got a name for it: CUBE. ;-)
08-05-2006 11:27 AM
Advertisement

SMUstang Offline
Banned

SouthGAEagle Wrote:Hey, maybe we can set up a new board that exists for banter between the Conference USA folks and the Big East folks, to keep the stuff of our respective main boards.... I've even got a name for it: CUBE. ;-)

Great idea SouthGAEagle
08-05-2006 11:31 AM
Magic Knight Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

SMUstang Wrote:
Alister Fiend Wrote:

THe CUSA EAST Fans should focus more on improving CUSA, rather than hoping for a split in the BE. THE BE's automatic BCS bid is on life support, the writing is on the wall.
08-05-2006 12:14 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

Magic Knight Wrote:
SMUstang Wrote:
Alister Fiend Wrote:

THe CUSA EAST Fans should focus more on improving CUSA, rather than hoping for a split in the BE. THE BE's automatic BCS bid is on life support, the writing is on the wall.

How is that, please tell me how is our bid on life support.

1. Is it that the Big East can't win it BCS Bowl game. Well we have and can, see WVU-UGA.

2. Is it that the Big East doesn't have teams ranked. Well we have 25% of our league in the Polls. For comparison the Pac 10 has 30%.

3. Is it that the current Big East is not respected by the media and coaches. Well said media and coaches have 25% of the Big East in it 1st Top 15 rankings.

Now Magic Knight, please tell me how our bid is in jeopardy especially since we are meeting the BCS Criteria to keep our bid.
08-05-2006 05:28 PM
SMUstang Offline
Banned

Maize Wrote:
Magic Knight Wrote:
SMUstang Wrote:
Alister Fiend Wrote:

1. Is it that the Big East can't win it BCS Bowl game. Well we have and can, see WVU-UGA.

2. Is it that the Big East doesn't have teams ranked. Well we have 25% of our league in the Polls. For comparison the Pac 10 has 30%.

3. Is it that the current Big East is not respected by the media and coaches. Well said media and coaches have 25% of the Big East in it 1st Top 15 rankings.

Now Magic Knight, please tell me how our bid is in jeopardy especially since we are meeting the BCS Criteria to keep our bid.

Did you just lose the Orange Bowl? Did that tell you anything?
08-05-2006 06:05 PM
BullsFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF

We lost the Orange Bowl because Miami went from the Big East to the ACC. That bowl goes where Miami goes.

I can understand why an SMU fan wants nothing to do with the Big East...most of the West division won't care. But, there are a lot of ties between members of the southern Big East teams and eastern CUSA teams. USF, UC, and UL were in the same conference as USM, UM, ECU and UAB (not to mention UH and Tulane). USF and UCF have geographic ties, as does WVU and Marshall. ECU has played WVU for years. And the list goes on and on.
08-05-2006 06:12 PM
Advertisement

SMUstang Offline
Banned

BullsFanatic Wrote:We lost the Orange Bowl because Miami went from the Big East to the ACC. That bowl goes where Miami goes.

I can understand why an SMU fan wants nothing to do with the Big East...most of the West division won't care. But, there are a lot of ties between members of the southern Big East teams and eastern CUSA teams. USF, UC, and UL were in the same conference as USM, UM, ECU and UAB (not to mention UH and Tulane). USF and UCF have geographic ties, as does WVU and Marshall. ECU has played WVU for years. And the list goes on and on.

So I'm trying to figure it out. Are you missing C-USA or what?
08-05-2006 07:25 PM
BullsFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF

My explanation doesn't seem THAT hard to understand. Teams of similar interests and teams that share history together tend to follow one another, regardless of current conference affiliation.
08-05-2006 07:56 PM
NastyBunch33 Offline
To The Top

I Root For: Southern Miss

25% of the Big East is ranked because there are only eight teams in the conference. lmfao
08-05-2006 07:57 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

Here is what I don't get; why is it that when one or two CUSA posters say that the BE is going to lose their BCS bid BE folks feel a need to reply to it?

First off why do you even care and secondly why do you even care?

We all know it's nonsense but yet one or two or three or four BE posters just have to respond to the comment.
08-05-2006 08:05 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:

SMUstang Wrote:
BullsFanatic Wrote:We lost the Orange Bowl because Miami went from the Big East to the ACC. That bowl goes where Miami goes.

So I'm trying to figure it out. Are you missing C-USA or what?

What Bullsfanatic was trying to say in his last response in a round-a-bout way was YES! ;-)
08-05-2006 08:08 PM
Advertisement

Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

SMUstang Wrote:
Maize Wrote:
Magic Knight Wrote:
SMUstang Wrote:
Alister Fiend Wrote:

Did you just lose the Orange Bowl? Did that tell you anything?

The Big East lost the Orange Bowl back in 2004, nothing new and nothing really loss since like the USF said that bowl pretty much follows Miami. As a matter of fact someone brought out the thread from that time period when it first happened with the OB.
08-05-2006 10:42 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

NastyBunch33 Wrote:25% of the Big East is ranked because there are only eight teams in the conference. lmfao

Still two more then what C-USA has and what is ironic the MWC has one more then C-USA as well yet you want to call them out as well.
08-05-2006 10:43 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

HiddenDragon Wrote:Here is what I don't get; why is it that when one or two CUSA posters say that the BE is going to lose their BCS bid BE folks feel a need to reply to it?

First off why do you even care and secondly why do you even care?

We all know it's nonsense but yet one or two or three or four BE posters just have to respond to the comment.

You are right it is nonsense. But we do like to set the record straight instead of letting some of you C-USAers live in complete ignorance.

You should celebrate your league and try to build it back up. But the fact of the matter is this and most of you will not admit it. Most of the C-USA East will sell out their own mother to get into the Big East. Some of you will put up a front about loving the C-USA but in reality that is not the case.

If the Big East-(and it aint happening no time soon) would send out a invitation to Memphis, USM, ECU, UCF and Marshall to join our league you would backstab each other to get that 1 spot.
08-05-2006 10:46 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:

Maize Wrote:You are right it is nonsense. But we do like to set the record straight instead of letting some of you C-USAers live in complete ignorance.

You should celebrate your league and try to build it back up. But the fact of the matter is this and most of you will not admit it. Most of the C-USA East will sell out their own mother to get into the Big East. Some of you will put up a front about loving the C-USA but in reality that is not the case.

If the Big East-(and it aint happening no time soon) would send out a invitation to Memphis, USM, ECU, UCF and Marshall to join our league you would backstab each other to get that 1 spot.

Okay your first paragaph is redundant. You're not setting any kind of record straight with CUSA people. Ignorance is you thinking that you are.

That second paragraph is irrelevant. Reality is that you're in a 8 team all sport football conference and a 16-team basketball league that the presidents, AD's and Transee seem to be very happy with. Maybe the posters of the BE don't like but tough tiddy. Deal with that reality.

That third paragraph is as irrelevant as the second one. If's, would's and could's don't amount to much of anything. But if anyone know anything about backstabbing it would be...you know who.

Advice Maize, stop worrying about people here saying the BE will lose their BCS bid and worry a little more about making the BE a legit BCS conference.
08-05-2006 10:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.