chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
RE: Not a good look for Appalachian St if true
(02-02-2018 12:25 AM)CC Eagle Wrote:  
(02-01-2018 11:43 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  
(02-01-2018 06:36 PM)trojanbrutha Wrote:  
(02-01-2018 12:52 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  
(02-01-2018 10:33 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  I just don't have a lot of confidence or hope in the future of our country right now unfortunately. You'll have to understand that I take my views from the perspective of someone who sees this country headed down a deeply troubling path. And while Racism is an inherent problem world wide, I feel that other countries have made far better in their attempts to curtail it.

I take it you've never been to India, South Africa, or even Egypt? If anyone else on this thread has ever been to India for an extended period of time, they could probably tell you first hand how bad racism is there... especially toward blacks and Jews. If you're a black person living in India, it can be dangerous. On my last day in Delhi, I was on a bus heading toward the airport, and our bus drove by another bus that was stopped where a black guy was being beaten up by normal Indian citizens, thrown off the bus and onto the side of the road. That was the worst that I had seen.

In some parts of South Africa, you can cut the tension with a knife.

Considering the U.S. is the most diverse country in the world, and how we have furthered more civil rights for various races and cultural groups over the past century compared to any other nation, I'd say the U.S. has made the most progress of any country. Could things be better? Sure.

Man, you think that America is what? Least racist? Do you live in Alabama?

I never said least racist. Do you think it's the most racist? Or middle of the road? What's your opinion on it?

I was born and raised in Troy, lived in Montgomery for a while after college, then lived in Tampa and Atlanta. So I've experienced Alabama. Been to a lot of countries also for work for extended periods of time where I've mingled with other cultures and have seen how they treat people. Not sure if you're insinuating Alabama is some terrible racist state with your last question, but if you are, I'm curious what your opinion would be after going to a few certain Asian or Middle Eastern countries. Racism in America is nowhere close to the racism exhibited in some countries of that part of the world. And to believe otherwise is to have a lack of awareness of the broader world.

You're confusing racism with nationalism... not that either is something to brag about.

And the South African comment is off base as well. South Africa's inherent racist policies were instituted and supported in full by the federal government. Segregation in the US was mainly run by State and Local governments, and the federal government chose to ignore the situation foolishly for a while before beginning to gradually step in.

It's going to stand to reason that South Africa, where the horrors of Apartheid are still very fresh is still struggling to recover.
02-02-2018 03:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Not a good look for Appalachian St if true - chiefsfan - 02-02-2018 03:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.