Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Not a good look for Appalachian St if true
Bookmark and Share
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
RE: Not a good look for Appalachian St if true
(02-01-2018 01:55 AM)CheckYosef94 Wrote:  Can we take a moment to look at this objectively? Let me start off by saying Brown should've kept his mouth shut and should be punished but I believe suspension may be a little over the top. I don't know the whole story but based off of what I do know this is my view point...

The A&T player stated that Brown had said other racist remarks but chose to quote "at least I know my dad" in his tweet. First off, that statement in and of itself is not inherently racist. Unless of course we want to assume that only black people are the only ones who don't know their fathers and choose to ignore all the Whites, Asians, Hispanics, etc. that don't know their fathers. Maybe I would be singing a different tune if I knew all the context but all I know of the conversation was based off of the A&T player's tweet. If in fact Brown had said other racist things why would the A&T player choose to quote just that part of the conversation? It seems to me that any other racist comment would be more condemning than that one.

Also, I have never known anybody to just out of the blue say "at least I know my dad." I think we can safely assume that this was said as a response to something else, most likely an insult of some sort. It is possible that the A&T player said "hey, nice volley" and Brown chose to respond with "at least I know my dad" but that seems unlikely. I heard rumors (I have no idea if this is true or not but I read it somewhere on twitter) that the A&T player told Brown something along the lines of, you're a spoiled white kid and your daddy buys you all your stuff. In that case Brown's comment at least makes sense context wise (again still not a good thing to say).

Finally, I think the call for "black twitter do ya thing" is worse than a few words exchanged on the court. As far as I know Brown didn't seek out help to ruin this other guys life, much less post his picture on twitter so that people could send him death threats. I understand that the University had to step in and deal with this before it got out of hand but everything I've seen about this story has been from the side of the A&T player. Can we wait to get both sides of the story before we run Brown out of town with an angry mob? I get that waiting for all the facts isn't the popular SJW way of doing things but lets at least pretend to look before we agree to ruin a 20 y/o kid's life.

I think a suspension is fair. We know that ultimately we had two tennis players who apparently did not get along, Words were exchanged, and some regretful things were uttered.

Essentially, you would have to go back and determine who said what first to figure out who is the more guilty party. The reality is that Brown said something that is deeply regretful as part of a volley of insults that had nothing to do with Tennis. Probably not worth getting kicked off the team over, but certainly worth a suspension pending an investigation. All App needs to show is that they are making a concentrated effort to investigate the matter, and once they get an idea what happened, they can give him an opportunity to earn reinstatement.

The suspension of the coach is odd, and sort of leads credence to the story to begin with. Why suspend the coach unless you've got a good idea that he may have had an opportunity to shut what was happening down and didn't?

Should the A&T Player gone all over Twitter with this? No. However, if he truly felt that the issue might be glossed over and ignored unless word got out, then I could see why he did what he did. Again...why did App suspend the coach? That's what I really want to know in all of this. I think it will answer most of the questions you guys keep asking.

Another thing I hate...the SJW Card. It's silly that we've as a country turned things which were very important in the formation of our country and attached them to every negative event. It discredits the people who actually used Social Justice for good.
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2018 02:30 AM by chiefsfan.)
02-01-2018 02:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Not a good look for Appalachian St if true - chiefsfan - 02-01-2018 02:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.