Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ESPN Could Lose More Viewers If No Agreement Be Made With Altice/Suddenlink
Carolina_Low_Country Offline
1st String

I Root For: Go Pirates
RE: ESPN Could Lose More Viewers If No Agreement Be Made With Altice/Suddenlink
(10-04-2017 03:03 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(10-04-2017 10:11 AM)stever20 Wrote:  
(10-04-2017 10:00 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  Apparently Wall Street is happy with Disney after months of negative news

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/02/bu...1&referer=

Next up are Verizon, Time Warner (Spectrum) and AT&T.

but wait, Clay Travis says ......

Yeah, Clay Travis. He said the SECN would print money when he was a blog writer for an SEC market, and now that he's with FOX it's doom and gloom. What a putz! And moreover, how can an audience's intellect be so vapid that they should still watch or listen?

How bad is FOX coverage? I despise ESPN talking heads politicizing issues while I'm trying to escape them by watching a game. I want to jack slap some of their idiocy. They call teams by the wrong names and nicknames and I'm sitting there wondering how such incompetence can be tolerated. I mean really they only have two groups in front of them. They have to have low interest in their work to screw up like that. So then I turn over to a FOX game and it's worse. That's how bad FOX coverage is!

The only thing I don't like about my HD is the delay between it and Auburn radio announcers (about a 5 second delay). So I hear the results of the play before I ever see it. Otherwise I'd mute the TV and listen to our announcers.

If people are turning off sports its because these jackazzes won't let us use them for what they were intended, entertainment and an escape from the issues of the day. Really, sports broadcasting shouldn't be rocket science. Kurt Gowdy and Peewee Reese got it right for years as did Dandy Don and Howard the Mouth.

It really is strange that I know all FBS school, their conference, preferred name, and mascot. However, someone whose job is to cover college football does not know them. They only know about the Top 10 schools then after that nothing. I will give credit to some of the college gameday guys, they do know teams, coaches, etc more then anyone else.
10-05-2017 08:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN Could Lose More Viewers If No Agreement Be Made With Altice/Suddenlink - Carolina_Low_Country - 10-05-2017 08:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.