Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

My impressions of the ULM campus
Bookmark and Share
doberman1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: StAte
RE: My impressions of the ULM campus
I believe ULM was in the Southland Conference with us, ULL, and UTA way back in the day. They were with us in the American South that the Sunbelt merged with. They've been a part of this core group for at least the 30 years that I remember. They have a good Pharmacy school and have had National Championship water skiing teams. I'm sure they have other things going for them, but I'm no expert since I pretty much just follow what StAte does.

They suffer most of the same issues most of our schools face.....lack of perception and cash. None of us can say at this point in our respective school's history that we are the state's flagship university. We are all making strides, but we have a long way to go.

There seems to be cycles involved when it comes to athletics. For example, North Texas ruled the roost in football for 5 years or so.......then we beat them the last 11 times we played before they left for what they thought were greener pastures (yeah, right). Troy has been on a downward slope in football and is now headed uphill. Texas State struggles on the field....as least right now. Who will be on top in 15 years? Who knows? (These were just examples other than us that came to mind)

We at StAte are about the same level now in terms of facilities and attendance that the Arkansas razorpiglets were 35 years ago. We don't have a problem that time and money can't fix. Neither does ULM. These "flagship" schools have a big headstart in terms of money given over time.

State politics plays more of a role in some of our schools than others. But we've all seen certain prejudices aimed toward the schools we love and support. I said all this to say that......we are all in the same boat. Possibly in varying degrees, but that too can change on a legislative whim, a jacked up economy, or one poor hiring decision. I wouldn't say too much against ULM right now because in 10 years......it may be your school we are discussing.

Wow, there are just too many months between basketball season and football!!!!
07-05-2017 06:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
My impressions of the ULM campus - Usajags - 07-03-2017, 04:15 PM
RE: My impressions - TaxusExpress - 07-04-2017, 08:27 AM
RE: My impressions of the ULM campus - doberman1 - 07-05-2017 06:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.