Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

AAC declares it is a "Power 6" conference.
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
RE: AAC declares it is a "Power 6" conference.
(05-19-2017 10:03 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(05-19-2017 09:53 PM)Kittonhead Wrote:  
(05-19-2017 02:40 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(05-19-2017 02:25 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(05-18-2017 11:21 PM)JHS55 Wrote:  Redskins and cowboys are in a league that is real sports, any team has a chance to win the super bowl no matter who they are
College football is stupid, p5 has a committee for heavens sake, who cares who beat who in a system that exists like it is now
Non p5 schools have a golden opportunity ( to grow like never before) to start their own REAL playoffs separate from the p5ers and p5ers think ( this idea goes back 20 years )we should and at this point in time I think we should too but timing is critical read below.

I think the notion of a G5 playoff is a non-starter. It would be tantamount to declaring ourselves as Division 2A programs or somesuch, it would be the end of the Big Time football program dream.

Exactly. Its a terrible idea. If the G5 wants to work within the current bowl system to create some high payout games for the G5 champs---that might make sense.

That would be ideal.

Holiday (MWC)
Sun (CUSA)
Liberty (SBC)
Gator (AAC)

With the MAC Champ as a floater if they can't get into a CFP bowl.

OR

Holiday (MWC)-MAC backup
Gator (AAC)-MAC backup

In this case ESPN decides to set something up for its 3 bigger properties (AAC, MWC, MAC) where in the event the MWC or AAC champ ends up in a CFP bowl the MAC champ can be the backup in the Holiday or Gator.

You'd need some P5's to sign on to make it work. Ideally, putting the 4 non-NYD G5 champs in a pool with the some P5 bowls works best---but I don't know if that has much chance. I suspect best case is 3 games.

#1 G5 champ--NYD
#2 G5 champ vs P5 #3-5
#3 G5 champ vs P5 #3-5
#4 G5 champ vs #5 G champ

That means you need just 2 higher end selections from the P5 to create a pretty decent post season destination for all 5 G5 champs.

With what the P5 conferences been going, they choose which teams are P5 out of G5.

The three military schools are P5.
BYU is P5.
UConn, Cincinnati, USF, UCF and Houston are P5.
Boise State, San Diego State P5.
I think the PAC 12 would call Eastern Washington, Weber State, Northern Arizona, Montana and Montana State are P5.
Jacksonville State, North Dakota State, James Madison, Youngstown State, Northern Iowa and South Dakota could be considered P5.
I might think with UTSA played against Arizona? They could be considered P5.

The P5 would not want a whole conferences to be part of the P5 group. They might pay more money to schools and call them P5 for the SOS. That means that some FCS schools might get paid a little more than the other FCS schools because they made a name for themselves.
05-19-2017 10:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: AAC declares it is a "Power 6" conference. - DavidSt - 05-19-2017 10:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.