Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Annual Football Series that Should Happen
ohio1317 Offline

I Root For: Ohio State
RE: Annual Football Series that Should Happen
I understand being an alumni not bringing loyalty. While I do actually root for the school I am an alumni of, very little of that has anything to do with any kind of school pride. I do get nostalgic going to campus still, but there is nothing about the institution I particularly feel loyalty too. Tuition about doubled by the time I graduated, the education program was set-up in a way that minimized classroom experience until grad school (which was the only way to go for a teaching license), and I have general belief that the college make-up in this country has been extremely detrimental to society (in the sense that we are pushing it for everyone so much of the value of it is lost and people are getting into debt they cannot handle for majors that do little for them).

With Ohio State sports though, rooting primarily to me is an outlet for state pride (there are other Ohio teams, but OSU has big fanbases through most the state). I also have enough fond memories of going to the events that they reinforce my love for it.

That said, I would never in a million years donate money to OSU (for reasons listed above). There would be a lot of other charities I would choose first in a hear beat.
04-26-2017 06:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Annual Football Series that Should Happen - ohio1317 - 04-26-2017 06:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.