Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
MVC to hold emergency meeting on Sunday in Saint Louis (Rothstein)
SubGod22 Offline
Average Joe

I Root For: Wichita
RE: MVC to hold emergency meeting on Sunday in Saint Louis (Rothstein)
(04-06-2017 12:13 PM)jacksfan29 Wrote:  
(04-06-2017 12:07 PM)SubGod22 Wrote:  
(04-06-2017 10:32 AM)billybobby777 Wrote:  
(04-06-2017 10:11 AM)SubGod22 Wrote:  
(04-06-2017 09:42 AM)billybobby777 Wrote:  I don't know about that. I don't think Wichita St is interested in starting up football anymore number 1. And number 2, I don't think the AAC would allow Wichita St to join a start up football program to the conference. I'd be surprised if the AAC didn't have that covered in the language of Wichita St's application info.
1. Getting into the American doesn't diminish the presidents interest in football as it would/could still go a long way in accomplishing his long term goals.

2. The AAC can't prevent Wichita from starting football. And nobody is saying the AAC would allow us easy entry into the conference for football. It is believed that having a football program may open that door down the road. Plus, if there are other shakeups in the future, having football could keep some doors open.

But outside of that, attracting and keeping students as well as creating a better on campus atmosphere for students is a big part of our president looking into football. He hasn't been shy about his personal desire for football.

Do you think Wichita St will reinstate football soon?

A lot depends on whose rumors are correct. I've heard that startup costs are pretty much covered already with pledges from donors should we proceed. That number has been reported to be in the 40M-50M range. Some seem to think that not enough donors are interested in getting that done. I do know President Bardo wants it to happen and he's been good at accomplishing his goals up to this point.

Why would WSU start FB now? No way the AAC allow you, as a start up to play FB in their conference. Which means independent FBS, Independent FCS or find an FCS conference (MVFC will not invite you).

I personally think Bardo wisely used the discussion about starting up FB to get himself an invite into a much better basketball conference. Mission accomplished.

You obviously don't know Bardo. His desire for returning football to campus goes way beyond just getting into a better conference. And nobody has ever claimed we'd slide right into the AAC.

If we bring it back and do it right, we build it up slowly and if we have to move to FBS indy for a while so be it. Having football isn't going to dilute basketball. Basketball will always be top priority here. But we could build up a decent football program in time which would do a lot to compliment that as well as create a better campus environment.
04-06-2017 12:18 PM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: MVC to hold emergency meeting on Sunday in Saint Louis (Rothstein) - SubGod22 - 04-06-2017 12:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.