Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight
Bookmark and Share
BearcatMan Online
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight
(04-27-2017 01:46 PM)gerhard911 Wrote:  
(04-27-2017 12:54 PM)Ahhhorsepoo Wrote:  "Parking revenues & stadium rental are offset by real costs to UC hosting FCC. Neither of us knows any of these."

Gerhard, Can I ask for a point of clarification for an example of a "real cost" to UC? I just want to know an example of costs that the rest of us aren't thinking about that would offset hundreds of thousands, or millions of dollars a year(whatever the number may be).. Again I just want to know the truth and if you know of other costs that aren't being accounted for in this 33 pages, or the other 400+ pages on multiple threads about the UC FCC relationship I think we'd all love to be enlightened.. Every "extra Cost"(parking attendants etc) I think of comes nowhere close to the extra profits..

I was under the assumption the ticket takers, concession workers and security all came out of FCC pockets..

Just off the top of my head - cleaning (no, wait, I'm sure all of the FCC fans clean up after themselves), maintenance (no, wait, I'm sure absolutely no wear and tear of the facilities come at the hand of FCC fans) and utilities. I would also expect that transitioning the stadium between football and soccer generate some labor & related expense.

My point was, and remains, that none of us know enough details about the deal between FCC & UC to make ANY factual statements as to UC's
profitability. It is all conjecture.

While I commend the use of sarcasm (I'm a connoisseur myself), I think that may have been an honest, well-meaning question.

We all know there are positives and negatives to this deal, and depending on your personal feelings you'll see more on one side than the other. Being a college soccer player and alum of UC, I like the deal from an exposure standpoint, but there are definitely some red flags and lingering questions.

04-27-2017 02:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatMan - 04-27-2017 02:03 PM
Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - mlb - 10-07-2018, 12:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.