Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Which FBS or FCS schools will be the next to drop football?
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
RE: Which FBS or FCS schools will be the next to drop football?
(02-09-2017 10:00 AM)HoustonCajun Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 08:36 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 10:57 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  Louisiana Monroe/Louisiana Lafayette/Louisiana Tech: All 3 are heavily subsidized schools in a state that simply cannot afford to subsidize them for much longer. LT gets good fan support, but they are in such an awful far flung conference with games vs UTEP one week and Old Dominion the next. Monroe is toast first.

Per USA Today (grain of salt)
43.6% of La.Tech's $22 million budget is via subsidy
35.24% of UL Lafayette's $23 million is via subsidy
$33.15% of UL Monroe's $13 million is via subsidy.

Now I don't know how long ULM can march on starvation wages but none of those subsidy percentages are that way out of line.
Tech has the highest percentage of the three but there are 40 other FBS schools pulling in higher subsidies

I don't know either how ULM can continue competing with a $13M budget, declining revenues and declining state support. There are a lot of schools that would have small budgets like ULM's if they didn't have student fees.

LOUISIANA, on the other hand, is OK. The Ragin Cajuns' facilities are greatly improving. We just completed a $22M renovation of the Cajundome, our basketball facility, we are near completion of a new $20M baseball stadium, we have a great Indoor Practice Facility, we completed a year ago a beautiful 100,000 sf state of the art Athletic Performance Center with a 12,000 sf weight room and 150 seat auditorium, we have the #1 softball facility in the country, we completed a Phase I expansion of Cajun Field which now sits over 41,000 with Phase II forthcoming, and we just hired a new Athletic Director from Missouri. And, we are doing that without student fees, something we need to get approved in Louisiana. With some of the things we will be implementing under our new AD, we will get our budget to over $30M and way higher than that if we can student fees approved.

"We completed a phase 1 expansion of Cajun Field which now sits 41,000"--I haven't heard that. I last saw you guys at around 30,000.

Cheers!
02-09-2017 07:08 PM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which FBS or FCS schools will be the next to drop football? - billybobby777 - 02-09-2017 07:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.