JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

I Root For: GS EAGLES
RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University
(07-11-2017 08:03 AM)panama Wrote:  
(07-11-2017 07:23 AM)JCGSU Wrote:  
(07-10-2017 10:27 PM)panama Wrote:  
(07-10-2017 05:52 PM)AppManDG Wrote:  
(07-10-2017 12:42 PM)Ewglenn Wrote:  Why not just hold the conference championships here? It would get y'all in a large stadium that is in a major market.

The stadium is still surrounded by crap hole neighborhoods that will take a long time to clean up, so no thank you to playing the championship game there. A word of advice. If you go to a game there, be sure to lock evereything of value in the trunk.
It's te city. Not sure craphole is a apt description for Summehil where a reno will cost you about $450k. As for how long it will take to build up say Mechanicsville and Peoplestown...lol. Few areas in the country can say they will have a half billion dollars invested and several thousand people for daily foot traffic in such a short period. In five years this area will be unrecognizable. There are crews of 3 to 5 guys on every other block on literally every street in Summerhill and Peoplestown renovating houses. A good way to make some money would be to be a dumpster rental supplier right now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Summerhill will likely become OK but literally just a short stroll in any direction and you are in the crap hole again. There are some new and complete reno huge homes going for 400+ but the median price is still around 200K and you can still get a home for 150K. I would imagine with development the rental market to students will grow significantly in that area which may or may not be a good thing for it turning around. Most subdivisions in Statesboro that was majority rental to students looked like exactly how you think it would. But who knows maybe it will be trendy and the skinny jean / man bun crowd will move in as well. Grant Park is nice but homes are constantly being broke into. I have talked with several folks who just got tired of their stuff being constantly stolen and moved away. Actual policing and competent leadership of the city would be nice to have one day to help things along.
Homes are constantly being broken into in Norcross and Forest Park and Marietta if Channel 2 is to be believed. LOL. The real crap hole is across the expressway (wesy) in Mechanicsville. But I think whats happening in Summerhill is going to rapidly spread. Within 5 days of the sale announcement every house that was boarded up Summerhill had a crew on it. Now Peoplestown (south of the stadium) is going through the same. It will be quicker than people think because the prices will be cheaper (for rent and buying) than Midtown, Poncey Highlands and Va Highlands while still being a few minutes away. I am also wondering how long before the three hotels around the stadium get bought out. Price wise I dont think you will find anything for $150k near the stadium. I did a quick search and there are 89 properties for sale in 30315. The cheapest I could find in Summerhill was this one. There are some others in the zip code that are cheaper but they are in South Atlanta and Federal Terrace neighhborhoods, not near the stadium. $240k for a 3/1 on a slab and they dont show any inside pics. Wow.

I never said there were not bad areas outside of the perimeter crime stats are easy to look up and that area is bad real bad. Not as bad as it used to be I will give you that.
Semantics on "near" but within two miles of the stadium there as homes as cheap as 12K. Yes $12,900 785 Coleman Street FMLS#5735533. 66 Ormond for 67K. There are 59 listings in the two mile radius under 150K. GAMLS is not as good for ITP and metro. It is better for fringe metro counties like Henry.

As far as sales within the last year within two miles of the stadium there were 535 sales ranging from 900K to 9,500...only in ATL with a median of $322K.

I hope it does turn around as every other year we will have a game there and it would be nice to be able to hang out after a game instead of getting to your car as fast as possible and getting the heck out of there.
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2017 10:46 AM by JCGSU.)
07-11-2017 10:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - JCGSU - 07-11-2017 10:36 AM
Re: RE: - panama - 09-16-2015, 10:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.