Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University
Bookmark and Share
gsuncc Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GaState, Charlotte
RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University
(07-07-2016 12:31 AM)The4thOption Wrote:  Serious questions here,
I'm not 05-stirthepot at all on purpose with these questions.

But, with all the talk of the Braves leaving for a "better area", getting away from one of the worse traffic spots in the country, avoiding car break ins, wrong turns that leave you getting car jacked two blocks from the stadium etc....

Are we going to get these same issues with going to GAST games?
Or are they developing the surrounding areas?
Is Saturday traffic in that area as bad as week day? or Worse?
I go to a Braves game or two a year maybe, but don't have a real good feel on normal traffic through there each day of the week. I maybe drive through Atlanta a couple of other times a year.

I'm sure they have/will have the money for the purchase and or retro fit of the facility. But what about these problems with the location?

My gut tells me parking won't be an issue, as most games will be a Saturday, the GSU lots will be available, etc. You're talking six days a year versus 81 days too. The plan proposed in the bid mentions lots of mixed use areas too, such as shopping, convenience stores, so the plan is much more than retro-fit the Ted, it's also develop the area (ergo, Carter's involvement). Atlanta never seemed interested in developing the area, but it's in GSU's interests to do so because dorms will go there, so students and other residents ought to see the benefits...70+ acres near GSU don't become available often and GSU has a solid history of revitalizing areas once it moves in.
07-07-2016 06:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - gsuncc - 07-07-2016 06:00 AM
Re: RE: - panama - 09-16-2015, 10:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.