Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University
Bookmark and Share
itsmeagain Offline
1st String

I Root For: GSU
RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University
Wow. Panama nailed it when he said the trolls were out. How do we know that this plan is feasible? Urm, because it's happening. That's your proof of concept. I'm not a developer, nor are you, and neither of us have any idea of the ins and outs of GSU's budget (but from the outside, things seem pretty solid). But the developers are going through with this imminently. The University is following. So to say "I don't think GSU can pull it off" is just stupid because it's in the process of happening.

Having this stadium is only one part of the situation. We need the land to expand. We don't get that with Herndon or any other piece of land near campus EXCEPT Turner Field. And from a rural perspective, yes, you might like having a lot of land that big for you ranch or whatever, but we're in a city. Just look at the tentative plans that have already been released if you can't wrap your head around how they'll fit that many buildings into a lot of that size (hint; there are no front yards or back yards, and sometimes they even put homes ON TOP OF OTHER HOMES! MADNESS!)

But anything less than 30,000 is stupid, even if we don't draw that many fans. Idaho has a 15,000 person stadium and look where it got them. We're trying to grow up, and this is the first step of that.

But you know all is this, which is why I go back to Panama being correct; the trolls are out in force.
06-27-2016 12:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - itsmeagain - 06-27-2016 12:18 PM
Re: RE: - panama - 09-16-2015, 10:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.