Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University
Bookmark and Share
itsmeagain Offline
1st String

I Root For: GSU
RE: Georgia State's plan for Turner Field challenged
(11-06-2015 11:04 AM)Tennessee_Eagle Wrote:  
(11-06-2015 10:44 AM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  Here is why I think that won't happen. If our $100 million isn't going toward retrofitting Turner for a football stadium, and building the future Hank Aaron field on Dale Murphy Dr(one can hope about Murph), then Carter's end just shot up astronomically. To retrofit that big of a stadium into condos and shops, their $200 million investment just doubled. I don't know how many business deals I have seen where the big carrot is dangled only to have the small compromises met.

But here is the thing. Let's say it costs 100M to retrofit Turner, you have to privately raise that money and it must be in hand. The Capital Campaign has to designate a specific amount for athletics and the donations have to be made specifically for athletics. Can use student fees but that is already being used for other items it seems. At least that is my understanding from when we built the football ops building.

Someone posted that a portion of the campaign was for athletics. But I don't believe it was anywhere close to 100M if I remember correctly( I realize you probably pulled that number our of a hat so I just went with it)

Believe me, if you guys can state funds for athletics then more power to you because that means we will be building a brand new arena for basketball.

There are these things called bonds which makes it to where you don't have to have all the money in hand.

And regarding you getting the same treatment as us? Come back when you have one of the largest universities in the country. You just can't compare a massive land locked research university in the heart of the biggest city in the SE trying to expand its campus to a rural comprehensive university with less than 30,000 students that can expand outwards as they please. If that were the way it works, then we'd already have a stadium because you do, and you'd have a law school because we do.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2015 11:14 AM by itsmeagain.)
11-06-2015 11:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Re: RE: - panama - 09-16-2015, 10:28 AM
RE: Georgia State's plan for Turner Field challenged - itsmeagain - 11-06-2015 11:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.