StanMolsonMan Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU
RE: Georgia State's plan for Turner Field challenged
(09-18-2015 12:26 PM)Eagles Cliff Wrote:  
(09-18-2015 11:40 AM)panama Wrote:  
(09-18-2015 10:25 AM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  
(09-18-2015 06:29 AM)Eagles Cliff Wrote:  
(09-17-2015 08:14 AM)panama Wrote:  Like I have said before, there are only two things that worry me about this whole thing; politics and the actual final design proposal. Finances, not so much. The Foundation will find this an easy deal compared to some of the stuff they have had to do closer to downtown proper.

So "The Foundation" will fund an athletics venture? I thought most foundations had restrictions on their spending toward academics which is why athletics foundations are founded. I get the GaSt has money on the academic side of the ledger, but that money is generally not allowed to fund athletics. Dorms and classrooms at Turner could come from that money, but the stadium would be a different story usually.

The people in "The Foundation" will be spearheading the fundraising for the athletics side. They will be raising money on behalf of Athletics and "The Foundation". Think of it as wearing two hats.
"Mr. Smith, we appreciate you donating generously to the Turner Field project. Please understand that without Athletics reaching their donation goal for their portion of this project, there would not be an opportunity at Turner Field. How would you like this donation split between the Foundation and Athletics?"

https://netcommunity.gsu.edu/give-to-ath...M_ID=12700
And what kind of membership does the PAC have so far? Surely not comparable to the Foundation. Comparing Turner to downtown real estate deals for academic property is apples and oranges and two different Piggy Banks. I admit that Atlanta politicians and VIPs are creative in manipulating situations in ways real Georgians can't fathom, but we're watching and even hoping GaSt gets to buy Turner on credit because we've got some pipe dreams of our own that we can't afford.

Since you didn't get what I said before about how fundraisers would split the donations, I will just say this... Just because we have 7k in the seats at a football game does not mean we only have seven thousand supporters of this university as a whole.
09-18-2015 02:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Re: RE: - panama - 09-16-2015, 10:28 AM
RE: Georgia State's plan for Turner Field challenged - StanMolsonMan - 09-18-2015 02:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.