Bookmark and Share
eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
RE: Georgia State's plan for Turner Field challenged
(09-16-2015 11:24 AM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  
(09-16-2015 11:13 AM)Tennessee_Eagle Wrote:  
(09-16-2015 11:08 AM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  Athletics

Athletics has not proven they can do that. And we have been serious about Athletics for about 7 years. Academic side is a whole different matter. You will find a lot of the same people that just transformed the eastern part of Downtown will be running lead on this.

This.

I agree with Panama's statement. So the academic portion of the Turner Field project will probably be fine. But going back to my original statement, where is the money coming from for the athletics side of things? If its fund raising, I think that throws up a HUGE red flag. The money can't be intermingled with the academic side of things.
Quote:New Records in Fundraising Set at Georgia State

We have been able to fund raise, and fund raise well when it comes to the University side of things. The same people who have been heading that up are the ones leading the charge of fundraising when it come to Turner. The people who have donated before to the University did so to achieve not just University changing but Atlanta shaping things. This is in their wheel house. Athletics would be over their heads. Then there is the influx of about 20,000 new students' athletic fees from GPC.

So think the BoR might issue bonds for everything based on your fundraising plans from these folks? I mean apparently they can make the money so it shouldn't be that bad right?

It would help move things along faster. That kinda goes along with panama saying to watch the BoR agendas.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2015 01:02 PM by eaglewraith.)
09-16-2015 01:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Re: RE: - panama - 09-16-2015, 10:28 AM
RE: Georgia State's plan for Turner Field challenged - eaglewraith - 09-16-2015 01:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.