Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University
Bookmark and Share
eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
RE: Georgia State's plan for Turner Field challenged
(08-16-2015 03:31 PM)DawggoneEagle Wrote:  
(08-16-2015 10:44 AM)GaStPanthers Wrote:  
(08-16-2015 09:12 AM)TheEagleWay Wrote:  you can thank West Georgia for that)

This is OT, but I recently moved just north of West Georgia. Could you provide some info, insight, or articles about this ordeal? I've heard it referenced multiple times, but would like to know more just for my own general interest.

Something to do with UWG going over budget on their stadium build and the BoR having to kick in some funds or something.

The BoR approved their fieldhouse expansion based on the fact they had a fundraising plan in place and would be able to pay off the remainder in a short time. They failed to raise the funds and the BoR was left holding the bag. Ever since then, 100% of funding has to be in place before the BoR will issue bonds for athletics construction. From what I remember, they don't count money being shifted from another part of the school either. It has to be donations in hand, not pledges.

There's a bit more detail, but I'm unable to find any information at the moment, so most of it is going off memory.
08-16-2015 08:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Georgia State's plan for Turner Field challenged - eaglewraith - 08-16-2015 08:20 PM
Re: RE: - panama - 09-16-2015, 10:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.