WEARE Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Marshall, TOSU
RE: Marshall is not getting the Access Bowl
(11-12-2014 11:10 AM)PirateMarv Wrote:  
(11-12-2014 10:24 AM)WEARE Wrote:  
(11-12-2014 10:08 AM)PirateMarv Wrote:  
(11-12-2014 09:32 AM)BeliefBlazer Wrote:  
(11-12-2014 09:19 AM)Kingkong13 Wrote:  Why do you say Boise would get it? Elaborate please.

Marshall has one win over a team with a winning record (MT) and has played no P5 teams.

Boise State has wins over 4 teams with winning records and played Ole Miss.

Colorado State has two P5 wins and 3 wins over teams with winning records.

The message from the committee seems to be to schedule tougher.

Yet Boise still isn't ranked even though ECU fell out of the CFP poll 2 weeks ago. For all anyone knows, ECU could still be the highest ranked G5. And that ECU win over VT the week after VT beat tOSU might have an impact on the CFP committee. tOSU is now number 8 in the CFP and ECU's 2 losses might not matter to that committee since they have 11- 2 loss teams and 3- 3 loss teams likeTexas A&M, LSU and Utah ranked in the latest CFP.

This CFP ranking is based strictly on strength of schedule, which is exactly what the committee stated that it would be last summer. So number of victories and margin of victory means nothing to the CFP committee; only who you have played. Afterall Texas A&M lost 59-0 to Alabama, but A&M is still ranked and they have 3 losses to boot.

From last night's Q & A with Long taken from ihigh.com

Reporter: You mentioned the Group of Five schools. What were the four or five schools that were discussed from the Group of Five?

JEFF LONG: Well, the ones you might expect: Marshall is certainly there; Colorado State with their one loss; Boise, the team that beat Colorado State; Northern Illinois from the MAC; and then there was a little discussion about East Carolina, as well.

This may be interpreted in many ways, but to me it suggests ECU isn't the highest ranked in the G5.

You are not on the committee so what it suggest to you doesn't matter. What you should be focusing on is the fact that Marshall, Boise State and CSU have not seen the rankings even though ECU was dropped from the rankings 2 weeks ago. We don't even know if Memphis, Cincinnati and UCF are not closing in on the rankings. They have all played really strong schedules.

Hell Long even mentioned NIU in another interview, so we don't know where these teams rank. Another thing to look at for Marshall is that the Committee dropped Florida State from 2nd to 3rd in the poll due to the overall poor quality of the ACC. Florida State is undefeated and they are the defending national champions, so this committee is going purely on strength of schedule.

I am entitled to my opinion (especially on the CUSA board). I am also permitted to read the interview and make conclusions based on the available information. You are also not on the committee. The last position on multiple threads was the committee is like every human poll. It will resemble the other human polls. If we hold your new position as your actual opinion, CSU has the strongest SOS performance. Boise State also is higher in SOS than the other G5. I feel confident ECU is not at the top using either criteria.
11-12-2014 11:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marshall is not getting the Access Bowl - WEARE - 11-12-2014 11:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.