bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: Report: Liberty to the Sun Belt
(04-09-2014 08:55 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 08:23 AM)JMU2004 Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 07:07 AM)The Cutter of Bish Wrote:  
(04-08-2014 11:40 AM)JMU2004 Wrote:  
(04-08-2014 11:27 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  Handing out thousands of useless, and expensive, online degrees in order to finance a new weight room just screams 'good Christians' doesn't it?

Even better when 50% of the online tuition is on federal taxpayer backs.

It makes me respect the anti-government hard right Christian schools who won't accept Pell. They stand by their principles.

Frankly, if the school is making that much money from federal $, they should be rolling it back into financial aid, not building new athletic facilities with it.

This!

I have no problem with them taking Federal Aid dollars if those dollars are being used, as they should by a non-profit, to further the goals and such of those who are served. New football stadiums and fees to enter D1 don't qualify in my opinion.

If Liberty scaled back their online operation and put it more in line with other institutions then I don't see any problem with them. However, as is they are half Bible school half U of Phoenix Online which is crap.

Ok. Its alright for Alabama and Vanderbilt and Georgia and Ole Miss and Ohio St. and Iowa and TCU and ... to take federal $ and spend millions on football stadiums, but not Liberty.
04-09-2014 09:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Liberty to the Sun Belt - prp - 04-08-2014, 09:46 AM
RE: Report: Liberty to the Sun Belt - bullet - 04-09-2014 09:27 AM
RE: Report: Liberty to the Sun Belt - MU88 - 04-08-2014, 10:00 PM
RE: Report: Liberty to the Sun Belt - Dman - 04-10-2014, 02:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.