Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: CUSA board Music thread (what are you listening to right now?)
Bookmark and Share
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
RE: OT: CUSA board Music thread (what are you listening to right now?)
...and if you dug the Big Star, then you might find this next artist enjoyable as well. Unfortunately, Scott Miller committed suicide after an almost thirty year career of unbridled brilliance in two excellent bands that sadly was more obscure as Big Star's Alex Chilton was. Their albums sell online for sometimes hundreds of dollars. I have the whole catalog of original recordings and you couldn't pay me $10,000 or more each and I wouldn't part with any of them, I promise you. If there was only one band's work I would be allowed to listen to, if it had to be a rock band, I would pick TLF/GT not even close. I actually feel like a fool just giving this group away here. The old Game Theory albums are gold, man, just gold. You have to get them and listen to them on a proper hi-fi and turn it up to 11 and 1/2!

Artist: The Loud Family
Album: Plants and Birds and Rocks and Things
Cut: "Jimmy Still Comes Around"
1993 Alias Records

P&B&R&T was produced by Mitch Easter, who also produced R.E.M.'s Murmer and reckoning albums. I asked Mitch one time why P&B&R&T had so many freakin' great songs on it, and he said, well, Scott had a few years between bands and had a lot of good songs saved up, plus he was incredibly prolific anyway, and was a musical genius. I had to agree with him. When he told me what he charged I couldn't believe it--I told him he was hiring himself out way too cheaply. He laughed at that one!

"...and I saw real estate that I would not call land
...You're smart enough to make the numbers appear
the way the shouts around the table want to hear"

Artist: The Loud Family
Album: Plants and Birds and Rocks and Things
Cut: "Idiot Son"
1993 Alias Records

Artist: Game Theory
Album: Real Nighttime
Cut: "Friend of the Family" (the song Scott would later name TLF after)
1985 Enigma Records

Album: The Big Shot Chronicles
Cut: "I've Tried Subtlety Before (but I will not anymore)"
1986 Enigma Records, Alias Records

I met Scott once after a show. He was the nicest guy. Signed my albums and said a few kind words. He was the best! They're finally working on a proper documentary on the guy, too late. We'll miss you, Scott.

Album: The Big Shot Chronicles
Cut: "Regenisraen"
1986 Enigma Records, Alias Records

04-25-2016 11:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT: CUSA board Music thread (what are you listening to right now?) - GoodOwl - 04-25-2016 11:39 PM
Something for the bird types - Galleyrat - 01-23-2014, 10:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.