Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: CUSA board Music thread (what are you listening to right now?)
Bookmark and Share
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
RE: OT: CUSA board Music thread (what are you listening to right now?)
from the Rice board:

(12-02-2015 10:46 AM)baker-13 Wrote:  
(12-02-2015 10:39 AM)GoodOwl Wrote:  
(12-02-2015 10:31 AM)loki_the_bubba Wrote:  
(12-02-2015 10:28 AM)GoodOwl Wrote:  I see what the experiment is. So, how's the weather on Mars? (not taking the bait, loki.)

Here's Sir David Attenborough narrating Adele's Hello.

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20151103-...eles-hello

I have the original album. It's priceless.

[Image: album-the-transformed-man.jpg]

Have you listened to the album he did with Ben Folds a few years back? Really kinda fantastic spoken-word-ish stuff, with cool Ben Folds musical things underneath.

Yes. I actually love the album he did with Ben Folds and have it as well. In his own weird way, he's pretty good at what he does. He has made a few more since, I believe, but I have not purchased them yet.

Here's one from the album you speak of:

Artist: William Shatner
Album: Has Been
Track: "You'll Have Time"
October 5, 2004 Shout! Factory Records

from Wiki:

Has Been (2004) is William Shatner's second musical album after 1968's The Transformed Man.

The album was produced and arranged by Ben Folds and most of the songs are co-written by Folds and Shatner, with Folds creating arrangements for Shatner's prose-poems, and features guest appearances from Joe Jackson (on a cover of Pulp's "Common People"), Folds and Aimee Mann (backup vocals on "That's Me Trying"), Lemon Jelly (on "Together"), Henry Rollins and Adrian Belew (on "I Can't Get Behind That"), and Brad Paisley (on "Real", which he wrote specifically for Shatner).

Henry Rollins also talks about the making of the song "I Can't Get Behind That" on his spoken-word album Talk Is Cheap Vol IV.

In 2007, a ballet called Common People, set to Has Been, was created by Margo Sappington (of Oh! Calcutta! fame) and performed by the Milwaukee Ballet. Shatner attended the première and had the event filmed. This footage became William Shatner's Gonzo Ballet, a feature film with a well received[by whom?] world première at the Nashville Film Festival on 17 April 2009. The documentary also features interviews with William Shatner, Ben Folds, and Henry Rollins.

[Image: william_shatner.jpg]
12-02-2015 01:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT: CUSA board Music thread (what are you listening to right now?) - GoodOwl - 12-02-2015 01:18 PM
Something for the bird types - Galleyrat - 01-23-2014, 10:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.