Auburn @ Clemson
Georgia @ Georgia Tech
Kentucky vs. Western Kentucky @ Nashville
LSU vs. Oregon @ JerryDome
Mississippi State @ Memphis
Mississippi State @ UAB
South Carolina vs. East Carolina @ Charlotte
Vanderbilt @ Wake Forest

And why is the SEC afraid to leave the South? Because they know if they left the South, they might lose. SU is 5-2 in home games played against SEC teams. Linky

You may be able to convince yourself and your fellow inbreds that the SEC doesn't schedule OOC like a bunch of *****, candy-ass, cowardly biatches, but you won't be able to convince anyone here. There are no SEC Kool-Aid drinkers here.

Having lived in several regions, outside the SEC territory, most other conference fans that I have met are of the same mind that besides LSU and Alabama, chances of playing a home/home with the SEC powers is a dream. Inside the SEC territory the SEC fans believe that there is no competition and they should not have to leave. As long as ESPN propagates this image, the SEC does not have to play OOC games out of the region (or out of state for Florida). Most fans are tired of the nonsense.

Kudos to LSU and 'Bama for taking on all comers. No one disputes their performances because the have a history of playing anyone, anywhere.
01-02-2012 11:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vandiver49 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Navy/Tennessee
RE: ACC Scheduling Alliance With SEC
(01-02-2012 12:00 AM)zibby Wrote:  Road OOC games outside of the team's region:

Cincinnati @ Tennessee
Connecticut @ Vanderbilt
Louisville @ North Carolina
Pittsburgh @ Iowa
Rutgers @ North Carolina
South Florida @ Notre Dame
Syracuse @ USC
Syracuse @ Tulane

Inside the team's region:

Cincinnati @ Miami University
Connecticut @ Buffalo
Louisville @ Kentucky
Rutgers vs. Army @ Yankee Stadium
West Virginia @ Maryland

Road OOC games outside of the team's region:

Alabama @ Penn State
LSU @ West Virginia
Mississippi @ Fresno State

Inside the team's region:

Arkansas vs. Texas A&M @ JerryDome
Auburn @ Clemson
Georgia @ Georgia Tech
Kentucky vs. Western Kentucky @ Nashville
LSU vs. Oregon @ JerryDome
Mississippi State @ Memphis
Mississippi State @ UAB
South Carolina vs. East Carolina @ Charlotte
Vanderbilt @ Wake Forest

And why is the SEC afraid to leave the South? Because they know if they left the South, they might lose. SU is 5-2 in home games played against SEC teams. Linky

You may be able to convince yourself and your fellow inbreds that the SEC doesn't schedule OOC like a bunch of *****, candy-ass, cowardly biatches, but you won't be able to convince anyone here. There are no SEC Kool-Aid drinkers here.

Not that you have any proof I'm a SEC homer, what would you have them do? I listed 4 schools that in the past 5 years that have scheduled OOC games and clearly thats not enough for you. What you suggest is that they change from a very profitable business model as a means to justify the 'best conference' label.
01-02-2012 12:11 PM
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators
Re: RE: ACC Scheduling Alliance With SEC
(12-30-2011 02:21 PM)vandiver49 Wrote:  I think for the SEC it would be best if the conference split with the East schools and their current match-ups with the ACC and the SEC West matching up with B12 South schools. I like the Vandy -Wake series and hope that it continues to develop. I also was looking forward to the NC-Tenn series until the Vols had to back out due to the program becoming a dumpster fire. If you are a Non-AQ school, these types of arrangements should scare you more than the elimination of the BCS tag. The proliferation of high profile OOC games will squeeze FCS, Non-AQ and Div II games out of the schedule, meaning no more $800K body bag games. Those paydays are the lifeblood for many schools.

(12-29-2011 05:11 PM)zibby Wrote:  Never happens. This would require SEC teams to actually go on the road.

BTW, if the SEC never leaves the South then who was Penn St. playing in Happy Valley Sept 10? Who is Michigan playing Sept. 8th next year? I suppose it was my imagination that Oregon was playing LSU Sept 3rd and that the Mountaineers didn't get beat in Morgantown by the Bayou Bengals three weeks later. UGA has had a home and home with Ok. State, Colorado and ASU spread out from '06 to 2010 while UT has done the same with Cal, UCLA and Oregon during a similar period.

Google is your friend.

For the record LSU, Tenn and UGA have been known to play a game outside the South on the regular. Alabama and Penn State was probably ESPN brokered in some way, shape or form.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
01-02-2012 05:55 PM
Otacon Offline
2nd String

I Root For: West Virginia
RE: ACC Scheduling Alliance With SEC
Auburn, Mississippi State & LSU have all played games at Morgantown in the past 6 years....
01-03-2012 07:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2014 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.