CSNbbs
ACC Scheduling Alliance With SEC - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Conference Talk (/forum-351.html)
+---- Thread: ACC Scheduling Alliance With SEC (/thread-544660.html)

Pages: 1 2

ACC Scheduling Alliance With SEC - TexanMark - 12-29-2011 02:23 PM

I see this happening...Adding Cuse/Pitt/BC will pay dividends here

EYEBALLS north of the Mason Dixon

RE: ACC Scheduling Alliance With SEC - OrangeCrush22 - 12-29-2011 04:05 PM

Would be sweet. Getting some SEC teams in the Dome would be awesome.

You have obvious games that will stay as pairs.

Florida vs Florida State
Georgia vs Georgia Tech
South Carolina vs Clemson

The other games can rotate, though.

RE: ACC Scheduling Alliance With SEC - Wolfman - 12-29-2011 04:24 PM

It's like the B10-P12 challenge. I wouldn't mind a similar arrangement with the SEC or B12.

The more important point was the shared research. I'm not sure how much research the SEC or B12 does.

RE: ACC Scheduling Alliance With SEC - WakeForestRanger - 12-29-2011 04:32 PM

Wake has a fairly long term deal with Vandy as well.

I have my doubts if we see a full scale partnership like Big 10 & PAC 12 deal but there has been a desire by both leagues to play non-conference games over Thanksgiving. That gives fans an extra week most years to buy tickets and make travel arrangements to the conference championship game.

RE: ACC Scheduling Alliance With SEC - Lucy - 12-29-2011 04:35 PM

(12-29-2011 04:24 PM)Wolfman Wrote:  It's like the B10-P12 challenge. I wouldn't mind a similar arrangement with the SEC or B12.

The more important point was the shared research. I'm not sure how much research the SEC or B12 does.

Stewart Mandel had a funny tweet yesterday about the B10-P12 scheduling alliance, saying that the SEC already had something like this in place...with the SoCon. 03-lmfao

RE: ACC Scheduling Alliance With SEC - zibby - 12-29-2011 05:11 PM

Never happens. This would require SEC teams to actually go on the road.

RE: ACC Scheduling Alliance With SEC - XLance - 12-29-2011 05:21 PM

(12-29-2011 04:05 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  Would be sweet. Getting some SEC teams in the Dome would be awesome.

You have obvious games that will stay as pairs.

Florida vs Florida State
Georgia vs Georgia Tech
South Carolina vs Clemson

The other games can rotate, though.

Wake Forest and Vanderbilt are in the third year of a ten year contract.

RE: ACC Scheduling Alliance With SEC - 4x4hokies - 12-29-2011 07:24 PM

They might as well do the alliance. You could create more buzz around playing the 4 games we already play and you have 24 teams that are rarely going to schedule SEC teams now. It would be better for the fans to have 9 conference games and 1 game against an SEC team yearly. That'd be a much more interesting schedule than what we end up w/ a lot of years now.

RE: ACC Scheduling Alliance With SEC - OrangeCrush22 - 12-29-2011 07:46 PM

(12-29-2011 05:11 PM)zibby Wrote:  Never happens. This would require SEC teams to actually go on the road.

03-lmfao

I think there's a possibility that a deal could be worked out. People will do anything for more money, especially a lot more money.

RE: ACC Scheduling Alliance With SEC - OrangeCrush22 - 12-29-2011 07:47 PM

(12-29-2011 04:32 PM)WakeForestRanger Wrote:  Wake has a fairly long term deal with Vandy as well.

I have my doubts if we see a full scale partnership like Big 10 & PAC 12 deal but there has been a desire by both leagues to play non-conference games over Thanksgiving. That gives fans an extra week most years to buy tickets and make travel arrangements to the conference championship game.

It's not really a rivalry, though, is it?

If it's important to both schools then they can keep it.

RE: ACC Scheduling Alliance With SEC - ecuacc4ever - 12-29-2011 08:05 PM

Agreed about the SEC already doing a "scheduling" alliance with the SoCon.

Maybe the ACC can arrange something with the Sun Belt with 2-for-1 deals.

RE: ACC Scheduling Alliance With SEC - 4x4hokies - 12-29-2011 08:21 PM

(12-29-2011 08:05 PM)ecuacc4ever Wrote:  Agreed about the SEC already doing a "scheduling" alliance with the SoCon.

Maybe the ACC can arrange something with the Sun Belt with 2-for-1 deals.

Why would the ACC do a 2-1 when they can get 1 for none games. You really want to play the same sun belt team three times?

RE: ACC Scheduling Alliance With SEC - WakeForestRanger - 12-29-2011 09:14 PM

Is Wake-Vandy a rivalry? Not really. Both schools might feel differently at the end of the current contract but this game will always take a back seat to the Duke, NC State and UNC games for us. I'm sure they would say the same about their games with Tennessee etc...

RE: ACC Scheduling Alliance With SEC - Lucy - 12-30-2011 08:25 AM

(12-29-2011 09:14 PM)WakeForestRanger Wrote:  Is Wake-Vandy a rivalry? Not really. Both schools might feel differently at the end of the current contract but this game will always take a back seat to the Duke, NC State and UNC games for us. I'm sure they would say the same about their games with Tennessee etc...

Agreed. Wake-Vandy has been an interesting series between two fairly comparable schools athletically & academically, but I don't see it ever being a true ACC/SEC rivalry like Clemson/South Carolina or Georgia/Georgia Tech.

RE: ACC Scheduling Alliance With SEC - vandiver49 - 12-30-2011 02:21 PM

I think for the SEC it would be best if the conference split with the East schools and their current match-ups with the ACC and the SEC West matching up with B12 South schools. I like the Vandy -Wake series and hope that it continues to develop. I also was looking forward to the NC-Tenn series until the Vols had to back out due to the program becoming a dumpster fire. If you are a Non-AQ school, these types of arrangements should scare you more than the elimination of the BCS tag. The proliferation of high profile OOC games will squeeze FCS, Non-AQ and Div II games out of the schedule, meaning no more $800K body bag games. Those paydays are the lifeblood for many schools.

(12-29-2011 05:11 PM)zibby Wrote:  Never happens. This would require SEC teams to actually go on the road.

BTW, if the SEC never leaves the South then who was Penn St. playing in Happy Valley Sept 10? Who is Michigan playing Sept. 8th next year? I suppose it was my imagination that Oregon was playing LSU Sept 3rd and that the Mountaineers didn't get beat in Morgantown by the Bayou Bengals three weeks later. UGA has had a home and home with Ok. State, Colorado and ASU spread out from '06 to 2010 while UT has done the same with Cal, UCLA and Oregon during a similar period.

Google is your friend.

RE: ACC Scheduling Alliance With SEC - ClairtonPanther - 12-30-2011 04:26 PM

I'd love to see a SEC/ACC. With GT/UG, UC/USC, and FSU/UF already in place, I'm not totally sure how to do the crossovers. As a Pitt fan I'd totally love to have an Auburn or LSU game. But I see Virginia Tech getting one of those 2 opponents. So maybe we'd see these games rotate home and homes or something.

Also, if there is a way to force Notre Dame into a conference... this is it. 03-shhhh

RE: ACC Scheduling Alliance With SEC - Wolfman - 12-30-2011 05:43 PM

(12-30-2011 04:26 PM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  I'd love to see a SEC/ACC. With GT/UG, UC/USC, and FSU/UF already in place, I'm not totally sure how to do the crossovers. As a Pitt fan I'd totally love to have an Auburn or LSU game. But I see Virginia Tech getting one of those 2 opponents. So maybe we'd see these games rotate home and homes or something.

Also, if there is a way to force Notre Dame into a conference... this is it. 03-shhhh

8 or 9 conference games leaves only 3 or 4 "tune up games." Take 1 more away for a cross conference game and the pickings will get very slim for ND.

RE: ACC Scheduling Alliance With SEC - 4x4hokies - 12-30-2011 05:43 PM

(12-30-2011 04:26 PM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  I'd love to see a SEC/ACC. With GT/UG, UC/USC, and FSU/UF already in place, I'm not totally sure how to do the crossovers. As a Pitt fan I'd totally love to have an Auburn or LSU game. But I see Virginia Tech getting one of those 2 opponents. So maybe we'd see these games rotate home and homes or something.

i could see them pairing VT w/ UT a lot

RE: ACC Scheduling Alliance With SEC - zibby - 12-30-2011 09:00 PM

(12-30-2011 02:21 PM)vandiver49 Wrote:  

BTW, if the SEC never leaves the South then who was Penn St. playing in Happy Valley Sept 10? Who is Michigan playing Sept. 8th next year? I suppose it was my imagination that Oregon was playing LSU Sept 3rd and that the Mountaineers didn't get beat in Morgantown by the Bayou Bengals three weeks later. UGA has had a home and home with Ok. State, Colorado and ASU spread out from '06 to 2010 while UT has done the same with Cal, UCLA and Oregon during a similar period.

Google is your friend.

Thanks for proving my point for me. The fact that you consider playing in the JerryDome against teams that have to travel 1000+ miles a "road" game says it all. You probably consider the Chick-Fil-A game a "road" game, too.

Yes, Georgia played at Colorado last year. And they LOST. To a terrible Colorado team. According to FBschedules.com, they won't play another game outside of the South for NINE YEARS.

You know when the last time Florida played a regular season game outside of the South? 1991, when they lost to Syracuse at the Carrier Dome. I didn't need Google for that one.

RE: ACC Scheduling Alliance With SEC - 4x4hokies - 12-30-2011 09:03 PM

VT will not play west of the mississippi. Travel is a legitimate reason when you have plenty of teams around you to play.

So we are either saying they don't play away or they don't play outside of their region which are two totally different things.