Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ben Koo: "All conference champions would be assured a spot in an 8 team playoff"
jtwvu87 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WVU & Texas A&M Univ
Ben Koo: "All conference champions would be assured a spot in an 8 team playoff"
(12-08-2016 10:43 AM)StatueKnight Wrote:  
(12-08-2016 10:36 AM)AlwaysSunny Wrote:  
(12-08-2016 09:58 AM)Eldonabe Wrote:  I never said give the auto bid to the P5 only - I say NO auto bid for anyone.

Take the best 8 and play ball.

I could give two flying f***s about conference champs - like I have been saying, winning your conference championship game DOES NOT mean you are the best team in your conference all the time.

If you want to go the other way with this (which is almost logistically impossible without screwing over the other 28 "everyone gets a trophy" bowls...) give all 10 FBS CC's an auto bid and add 6 at large teams. The first wound will include at least 6 if not all 8 games being a pig-house slaughter, then we can get down to business with the best 8 playing for the NC.

Just like the Basketball model - put every team in, add a dash of Cinderalla, then the cream rises and 90% of the time and you end up with what you should have just started with in the first place for you elite 8.

This is how I see it too. Realistically, if you're doing auto bids you're not taking the best teams... you're just taking teams that won their conference. In a scenario like this, a 5 loss Arkansas State gets an autobid over Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin & USC. How about no lol. Take the top 8 and be done with it.

Who cares if you have the "best teams". That is subjective anyway. Just like the NFL, if you come alive in the playoffs it does not matter that you were the wild card in the worst division. You win the important games and the championship should be a REQUIREMENT for access to the playoff. It takes all the subjective BS out of the equation. 12-0 Alabama lose to UF in the SEC championship? Tough titties. You blew it. Then we can scrap this whole elitist view of who is the best and just determine it on the field. In most sports the best team does not always make it to the finals. Why should college football be any different.

Totally agree. This current set up is no better than BCS crap. I don't care how good you are; if you can't win your conference then obviously you aren't the best in your conference.
12-09-2016 07:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Ben Koo: "All conference champions would be assured a spot in an 8 team playoff" - jtwvu87 - 12-09-2016 07:31 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.