muffinman Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis State
RE: New Development @ Shelby Farms
(02-12-2016 04:30 PM)tiger2000 Wrote:  
(02-12-2016 04:24 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  
(02-12-2016 04:21 PM)tiger2000 Wrote:  
(02-12-2016 04:19 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  
(02-12-2016 04:17 PM)tiger2000 Wrote:  I've been to NYC and Central Park many times - are you really comparing Central Park and Shelby farms?

Talk about a reach...

then don't move in...project will go on without ya :-)

So you're in favor of all development? I guess you would have been against citizens to preserve Overton park too.

I'm all for private development around Overton Park...I don't see what that has to do with the citizens to preserve Overton park...unless you're trying to compare private development around the park, to a public development that would have gone through the park...which I think you are.

My point has to do with smart development vs. development.

You seem to be for any and all development.

Memphis is a city that has realized in recent years that they let too much unchecked development go on - and that is why you now have plans for areas like the medical district. It used to be that all development in the city was seen as good because it grew the immediate tax base without consideration of long term effects. That still exists to a degree but the city is doing a much better job of taking into consideration the long term effect of development.

The city is heavily involved in what will bring young, smart educated people to the city. There are studies that have been done on this and city leadership heavily considers it.

This is the type of development that young folks will be attracted too. Low-maintenance housing, in a mixed-use development, across the street from one of the largest parks in the country. Rent wont be that cheap for this apartment.

I used to live in the apartments down the street near the dog park. They were $950/month for a 600/sq.ft 1 bed room, 6 years ago. No telling what they are now, but that complex has held up well and is in a great location.
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2016 05:27 PM by muffinman.)
02-12-2016 05:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
New Development @ Shelby Farms - muffinman - 02-11-2016, 01:24 PM
RE: New Development @ Shelby Farms - muffinman - 02-12-2016 05:24 PM
RE: New Development @ Shelby Farms - 3601 - 03-18-2016, 02:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.