Bookmark and Share
gassman Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Charlotte
RE: Anyone else think "the Comittee"...
(11-02-2014 04:53 PM)BlueRaiderBoy Wrote:  
(11-02-2014 02:49 PM)gassman Wrote:  
(11-02-2014 01:57 PM)MUther Wrote:  
(11-02-2014 01:45 PM)gassman Wrote:  8 team playoff seems to make sense. You give 5 auto seeds to the P5 conference champions (better get a championship game B12), give 1 a lot to the best of the G5 to quell their bitching, and two at large spots for those awesome P5 teams that get upset in their championship game or just have an incredible year or have some other factor that draws support.

That plan shuts up any bitching because every school in the P5 has a route to the playoffs. If your not good enough to make that 8 team field your just not good enough to be complaining.

Why will this happen?

Because one of the P5 conferences is going to be seriously butt hurt when their one loss team is passed over for another one loss team from another conference.

An 8 team field eliminates that because every P5 conference and team has a path and opportunity to get to the playoffs. That's all anyone can ask for.

Any team that complains after that will simply be told "well you should have won your conference, sorry".

I like this scenario the best as well, and it is realistic. SEC would likely have 3 teams in the playoff this year under that option. Still would be gnashing of teeth, but it is what it is.

Yes. There will always be light complaining and grumbling behind the scenes but you can't claim to be shut out if you fail to win your conference. I could see a scenario in this plan where a G5 school complains about getting shut out but we all know that's not going to move the needle of change.

Not to show too much Naivete' But are there any members of this Committee who have any non Cartel-5 connections? If not, I wouldn't doubt that they only pick the G-5 selection for the Access Bowl as an afterthought. And they may not rank Marshall, CSU, or anybody from G-5 in their Top 25 the rest of the year now that ECU got beat.

I think they are obligated to include the G5 in any expanded plan. A lot of their gaudy records are based on G5 buy games.
11-02-2014 05:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone else think "the Comittee"... - gassman - 11-02-2014 05:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.