Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Article: Will the alliance be competitive in football?
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
RE: Article: Will the alliance be competitive in football?
(02-28-2012 09:45 AM)HP-TBDPITL Wrote:  
(02-28-2012 09:39 AM)NoQuarter08 Wrote:  Ballard has said on multiple occasions that they expand to 18 by May and then evaluate the VALUE in expanding further. Key word is value. That's what makes me believe we don't go to 24.

I hope that doesn't happen.

You must have missed his interview on Pirate Radio where he casually said that the new conference would be "at least" 24 members. He wasnt questioned about that comment, but he did use the term "at least". He also added the value comment, which I believe he meant in terms of the 1)school, 2)market, 3)rival, and 4)athletic program.

If that's the case he definatly contradicted a very specific statement on "exploring the value beyond 18" in a previous interview. I'm sorry but 24 is a horrible idea IMO. That makes it that much harder to get into an future FBS playoff if conference champions get bids. It also splits the pie too many ways and nearly gurantees a 12 / 12 split later on down the road. Pretty tough to get 16 members on the same page, 24 would be a nightmare.

Literally every time I've heard the number 24 in interviews it is preceeded by words / phrases like "possibly will expand to", "could go to", "might even go to" or something like that.

I know what I heard and it's apparent that they aren't sure what they're going to do other than 18 is a guarantee.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2012 11:11 AM by blunderbuss.)
02-28-2012 11:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Article: Will the alliance be competitive in football? - blunderbuss - 02-28-2012 11:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.