troutbummike Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian State
RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University
(08-03-2017 11:33 AM)WolfBird Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 11:25 AM)itsmeagain Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 10:14 AM)WolfBird Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 09:52 AM)itsmeagain Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 08:16 AM)WolfBird Wrote:  Everyone in our stadium can see ours unless of course you count the people sitting on the office decks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I taking crazy pills?

You're claiming superiority because everyone in your stadium can see the video board? You do realize that the only reason for that is because you don't have a full bowl of seating, right? That's like claiming your car is better than someone else's because you got the base model and don't have to deal with all of those pesky upgrades.

I never claimed anything.

I simply stated in our stadium you can see the board from all the seats, with the exception of the decks that come out for the coaches offices.

Your statement was literally talking **** about some people not being able to see our video board and about how our seats are angled and people will have to see the doctor because of it. Ok, well my response is that maybe if you finish building out your stadium into a full bowl, you'll be lucky enough to have the same problem, but I'm guessing that it just isn't in the stars for you to ever get that far. And it's not like I want to even talk **** about your stadium, but come on, make a logical argument that isn't immediately self defeating.

I said nothing about doctors. You’re flat out lying there.

I responded to a post that said open air stadiums will always have that problem. I pointed out ours is open air and doesn’t have that problem.

Panama is fun guy.

Some of you are just whiny.

Chiropractor is to doctor as french fryer is to head chef.
08-03-2017 01:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
StanMolsonMan Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU
(08-03-2017 11:20 AM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 11:12 AM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  Or the fact the games wouldn't even be competitive for at least 5 years. Not about rivalry with me. It is about serving up dishes of humble pie by the case. Just like people swore up and down we couldn't pull off this stadium. Funny. Now they seem to be the same ones who says it sucks.

Humble pie?? Don't make me go back and find the threads started by Georgia State fans about how GS will never be an FBS school and about how y'all will be inviting us to the dome as your cupcake opener soon. Y'all can't talk smack and also be the victim. It doesn't work that way.

Sure. Go ahead. You won't find my name. I can go back to the Southern taunting when we didn't have a football program. You want to drag up stuff from 5-10 years, be my guest. Anyway. What I am pointing to is some posters that have posted in this thread have in the past gone all Nostradumass about various things about our program. Insisting the fact we would never get this stadium. We couldn't afford this stadium. We wouldn't be able to get a deal for this stadium structured. The metro area doesn't care that we have this stadium. The media won't pay attention to it. It wouldn't turn out nice. We wouldn't play in this stadium this year.

And now that it has come together, and there are no strings to pull about it not being done... its the chairs. Oh the humanity. As the case in most stadiums, unless you are directly across from the big screen, you are going to have to turn your head. Good thing it is the 8th biggest in all of college football(5,600 sqft for those playing at home). But what about the game.... you are going to be turning more to watch the game. Again... unless play is right in front of you, you have to turn to watch. For the seats you have to turn another 10 degrees on the sideline.... when the ball is going the other way, you have to turn.... wait for it.... less.

But its the chairs...
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2017 01:17 PM by StanMolsonMan.)
08-03-2017 01:15 PM
itsmeagain Offline
1st String

(08-03-2017 01:12 PM)troutbummike Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 10:14 AM)WolfBird Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 09:52 AM)itsmeagain Wrote:  Am I taking crazy pills?

You're claiming superiority because everyone in your stadium can see the video board? You do realize that the only reason for that is because you don't have a full bowl of seating, right? That's like claiming your car is better than someone else's because you got the base model and don't have to deal with all of those pesky upgrades.

I never claimed anything.

I simply stated in our stadium you can see the board from all the seats, with the exception of the decks that come out for the coaches offices.

Your statement was literally talking **** about some people not being able to see our video board and about how our seats are angled and people will have to see the doctor because of it. Ok, well my response is that maybe if you finish building out your stadium into a full bowl, you'll be lucky enough to have the same problem, but I'm guessing that it just isn't in the stars for you to ever get that far. And it's not like I want to even talk **** about your stadium, but come on, make a logical argument that isn't immediately self defeating.

I responded to a post that said open air stadiums will always have that problem. I pointed out ours is open air and doesn’t have that problem.

Panama is fun guy.

And yet you might see either of them if you have a bad back... Which is what was meant by the statement...

EDIT

The statement being:

(08-02-2017 10:16 PM)Birdseye Wrote:  This fall will be a banner year for the chiropractors in ATL. Check out the pics of the lower level home side. Seats are angled at 45 degrees away from the action depending on which side of the 50 the teams are positioned. Also, one end zone seating can't view the Jumbotron.

I.e., having a bad back because of twisting to see a football game. Which you might see a chiropractor about (apparently) or a doctor about.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2017 01:46 PM by itsmeagain.)
08-03-2017 01:26 PM
troutbummike Offline
1st String

(08-03-2017 01:26 PM)itsmeagain Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 01:12 PM)troutbummike Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 10:14 AM)WolfBird Wrote:  I never claimed anything.

Panama is fun guy.

And yet you might see either of them if you have a bad back... Which is what was meant by the statement...

I have ankylosing spondilitis. A rheumatologist helps me, and a chiropractor would destroy me.
08-03-2017 01:36 PM
eaglewraith Online
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
(08-03-2017 12:12 PM)itsmeagain Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 12:12 PM)WolfBird Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 12:08 PM)itsmeagain Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 11:59 AM)WolfBird Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 11:58 AM)itsmeagain Wrote:  Oh off, you know what i'm talking about.

So, ready to admit you’re attributing someone else’s post, who has Bird in their screen name, to me by mistake and that you’ve jumped down my throat in error?

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove. I responded to one person, you responded to my response, i continued to respond. Congratulations.

That’s the worst apology I’ve ever seen.

Still not as bad as your stadium.

OH GOT YOU MOTHER

Chill bro. You're really going on a crusade today.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2017 01:52 PM by eaglewraith.)
08-03-2017 01:49 PM
itsmeagain Offline
1st String

(08-03-2017 01:49 PM)eaglewraith Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 12:08 PM)itsmeagain Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 11:59 AM)WolfBird Wrote:  So, ready to admit you’re attributing someone else’s post, who has Bird in their screen name, to me by mistake and that you’ve jumped down my throat in error?

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove. I responded to one person, you responded to my response, i continued to respond. Congratulations.

OH GOT YOU MOTHER

[Image: gXE7Y82.jpg]
08-03-2017 01:59 PM
WolfBird Offline
All American

I Root For:
Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University
I was just forward this security cam footage from itsmeagain’s office.

[Image: f76e8a10e2946c43d8716399cb302fca.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2017 02:06 PM by WolfBird.)
08-03-2017 02:05 PM
itsmeagain Offline
1st String

(08-03-2017 02:05 PM)WolfBird Wrote:  I was just forward this security cam footage from itsmeagain’s office.

[Image: f76e8a10e2946c43d8716399cb302fca.gif]

[Image: 7EowMPd.png]
08-03-2017 02:07 PM
StanMolsonMan Offline
All American

With some hope this train can get back on the tracks.

How Turner Field turned into Georgia State Stadium - NCAA.com
08-03-2017 02:12 PM
ValleyBoy Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: GaSo,Troy
(08-03-2017 01:36 PM)troutbummike Wrote:  I have ankylosing spondilitis. A rheumatologist helps me, and a chiropractor would destroy me.

Runs in my family, grandfather, aunt, several cousins, and brother has it. Not something to mess around with.

I like to get under the skin of panther fans as much as anyone, but I have to say that Georgia State is doing a very good job with there new stadium. Keep the pictures and updates coming. The closer we get to the start of the season the less and less of a pissing match will take place inside this thread. That is as long as folks show up at least for the home opener.

Just had to get that last line in.
08-03-2017 02:25 PM
bullitt_60 Offline
All American

I Root For: Ga Southern
Congratulations guys, it looks great.

There are a few posters in this forum (of several different programs) that you will be much better off and have a much more enjoyable experience on this forum if you just ignore them. Simple as that. If you don't like them, don't respond. When you do respond, the thread is hijacked and rarely does it come back to normal discourse.
08-03-2017 02:28 PM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
(08-03-2017 01:15 PM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 11:20 AM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 11:12 AM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  Or the fact the games wouldn't even be competitive for at least 5 years. Not about rivalry with me. It is about serving up dishes of humble pie by the case. Just like people swore up and down we couldn't pull off this stadium. Funny. Now they seem to be the same ones who says it sucks.

Humble pie?? Don't make me go back and find the threads started by Georgia State fans about how GS will never be an FBS school and about how y'all will be inviting us to the dome as your cupcake opener soon. Y'all can't talk smack and also be the victim. It doesn't work that way.

Sure. Go ahead. You won't find my name. I can go back to the Southern taunting when we didn't have a football program. You want to drag up stuff from 5-10 years, be my guest. Anyway. What I am pointing to is some posters that have posted in this thread have in the past gone all Nostradumass about various things about our program. Insisting the fact we would never get this stadium. We couldn't afford this stadium. We wouldn't be able to get a deal for this stadium structured. The metro area doesn't care that we have this stadium. The media won't pay attention to it. It wouldn't turn out nice. We wouldn't play in this stadium this year.

And now that it has come together, and there are no strings to pull about it not being done... its the chairs. Oh the humanity. As the case in most stadiums, unless you are directly across from the big screen, you are going to have to turn your head. Good thing it is the 8th biggest in all of college football(5,600 sqft for those playing at home). But what about the game.... you are going to be turning more to watch the game. Again... unless play is right in front of you, you have to turn to watch. For the seats you have to turn another 10 degrees on the sideline.... when the ball is going the other way, you have to turn.... wait for it.... less.

But its the chairs...

[Image: giphy.gif]
08-03-2017 02:29 PM
Michael in Raleigh Offline
All American

I Root For: App State
If I had my way (and nobody with influence gives a stool what I think), I would have preferred the Braves have kept their team in DT Atlanta at the former Centennial Olympic Stadium, next to the place where Hank Aaron hit his 715th HE and next to where the won their only World Series. But since they left, I LOVE what Georgia State is doing. It will be great for their program and great for the Sun Belt.

Cheers, Panthers! 04-cheers
08-03-2017 03:05 PM
troutbummike Offline
1st String

08-03-2017 04:17 PM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
(08-03-2017 04:17 PM)troutbummike Wrote:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-cKlNUcdo0

It always bothers me when people don't know how to chop on the down beat. If you're gonna steal a cheer from FSU, at least do it right.
08-03-2017 04:57 PM
troutbummike Offline
1st String

(08-03-2017 04:57 PM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 04:17 PM)troutbummike Wrote:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-cKlNUcdo0

It always bothers me when people don't know how to chop on the down beat. If you're gonna steal a cheer from FSU, at least do it right.

04-cheers It bothers me as well.
08-03-2017 05:32 PM
APPdiesel Offline
All American

I Root For: App State
Can't wait to see what this stadium will look like when it's completely finished. Phase II is removing the right field stands...what else is planned after that?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
08-03-2017 06:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
(08-03-2017 06:54 PM)APPdiesel Wrote:  Can't wait to see what this stadium will look like when it's completely finished. Phase II is removing the right field stands...what else is planned after that?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
They have to move the Football Practice Complex to the stadium is Football Operations. The rest is evolving. Also includes Olympic Sports to the property.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
08-03-2017 07:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

I Root For: GS EAGLES
(08-03-2017 01:59 PM)itsmeagain Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 01:49 PM)eaglewraith Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 12:08 PM)itsmeagain Wrote:  I'm not sure what you're trying to prove. I responded to one person, you responded to my response, i continued to respond. Congratulations.

OH GOT YOU MOTHER

[Image: gXE7Y82.jpg]

Did you intentionally leave out the 57,000 square foot FOC and mid deck or are you that dumb....[Image: hm.gif]

[Image: GaSouth_aerial-1000x656.jpg]

I dont know you even with the odd angles it is a former professional stadium sooo in the eye of the fanatic beholder..BUT..since you have no clue about this above it is what you call a fan base and a full stadium. No digitally inserted people or altered photos needed since 1984 ....[Image: satisfaction.gif]

[Image: Georgia%20State%20Football%20Day%20Rende...et=534-401]
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2017 11:21 AM by JCGSU.)
08-04-2017 11:16 AM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
Good Gawd! Enough!
08-04-2017 11:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.