Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Official Downtown Baseball Stadium Discussion Thread
Bookmark and Share
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
RE: The Official Downtown Baseball Stadium Discussion Thread
(06-27-2013 12:58 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(06-27-2013 12:56 AM)mistabinks Wrote:  Incorrect.

So the Hotel Occupancy Tax wasn't really a tax?

Wow, I can't wait to hear this one.

That's the tax Birmingham used to construct the one we're enjoying today...Now if we could just do something about the horrible state of our football venues in this city, I'd feel even greater!
09-24-2013 02:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
[quote='RUNVSFD MINER' pid='9763171' dateline='1379994667']
Why did you not include the part where Mountain Star is willing to reimburse the city for anything in excess of $64M?

If you teach History, I hope you don't give your students only partial coverage of History. But it wouldn't surprise me.
[/quote

I simply posted the first part of the story to give the gist of the article and provided the link so that everyone could read it for themselves.

I certainly hope you don't make decisions based on only the first paragraph of an article.
09-24-2013 02:56 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

MountainStar may be offering additional funds but they aren't clear about how much and it doesn't come without conditions.

From the Times

MountainStar does not say how much money it would contribute.
Leeser said he is against additional costs to the city.

MountainStar said it wants to have more control of the ballpark's schedule, project plans and the budget. It also is asking the city to integrate the ballpark into the neighborhood and have the city "facilitate circulation in and around the ballpark" and provide money to the ballpark not associated with its construction. It also wants the city to modify ticket packages and that Missouri Street be closed during events.
09-24-2013 04:48 PM
RUNVSFD MINER Offline
The voice in your head...See?

I Root For: UTEP
(09-24-2013 04:48 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  MountainStar may be offering additional funds but they aren't clear about how much and it doesn't come without conditions.

From the Times

MountainStar said it wants to have more control of the ballpark's schedule, project plans and the budget. It also is asking the city to integrate the ballpark into the neighborhood and have the city "facilitate circulation in and around the ballpark" and provide money to the ballpark not associated with its construction. It also wants the city to modify ticket packages and that Missouri Street be closed during events.

So then Leeser is lying by saying "costs are not going up"?
http://www.elpasotimes.com/news/ci_24159...lpark-cost

Queue back-peddling argument, or deflection to traffic or city closure. Point is, they aren't asking for more money for the stadium.
09-24-2013 10:30 PM
mistabinks Offline
Glory Road Resident

I Root For: UTEP Miners
What is hilarious about this topic are all the comments on FB on the various news outlet pages. Nobody bothered to read the articles. Everyone just popped off after reading the headline. Hilarious. Good thing the crabs are in minority. Playball.
09-24-2013 10:45 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(09-24-2013 10:30 PM)RUNVSFD MINER Wrote:  
(09-24-2013 04:48 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  MountainStar may be offering additional funds but they aren't clear about how much and it doesn't come without conditions.

From the Times

Queue back-peddling argument, or deflection to traffic or city closure. Point is, they aren't asking for more money for the stadium.

Now you are referencing two different articles. I was talking about the first one.
09-25-2013 12:53 PM
randaddyminer Offline
Banned

I Root For: UTEP miners
(09-25-2013 12:53 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(09-24-2013 10:30 PM)RUNVSFD MINER Wrote:  

From the Times

Now you are referencing two different articles. I was talking about the first one.

RUNSVFD, don't you know it is unfair to bring up multiple points against fitdumb? He can barley keep up with his own point
09-25-2013 03:02 PM
RUNVSFD MINER Offline

We are referencing two different articles, because you (like others), jumped to conclusions. And Leeser had to explain to the Assumption Crew their conclusions were wrong.

Again, if you're quick to point to the negative article, why weren't you quick to point out the clarification one?

I'll tell you why.... Because you are who you are.
09-25-2013 03:15 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I didn't jump to conclusions. I simply quoted information that was in the article.
09-25-2013 11:44 PM
RUNVSFD MINER Offline

(09-25-2013 11:44 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  I didn't jump to conclusions. I simply quoted information that was in the article.

Your selection of which articles to point out, and which not to, is what makes you....... you
09-25-2013 11:55 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(09-25-2013 11:55 PM)RUNVSFD MINER Wrote:  
(09-25-2013 11:44 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  I didn't jump to conclusions. I simply quoted information that was in the article.

Your selection of which articles to point out, and which not to, is what makes you....... you

I didn't have a selection since the article you posted didn't appear until the day after I posted.

But hey, don't let the fact that I cannot see into the future stop you from criticizing me. 03-lmfao
09-26-2013 12:04 AM
RUNVSFD MINER Offline

(09-26-2013 12:04 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(09-25-2013 11:55 PM)RUNVSFD MINER Wrote:  

I didn't have a selection since the article you posted didn't appear until the day after I posted.

But hey, don't let the fact that I cannot see into the future stop you from criticizing me. 03-lmfao

You didn't even react to it, or admit the first article assumptions were wrong. You sought out the first one, but ignored the second.

As usual, you pick and choose when to do the righteous thing. Fitbud at his best.
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2013 03:33 AM by RUNVSFD MINER.)
09-26-2013 03:32 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I didn't react to either one. I simply posted the information for you all to discuss.
09-26-2013 03:05 PM
RUNVSFD MINER Offline

(09-26-2013 03:05 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  I didn't react to either one. I simply posted the information for you all to discuss.

Fitbud being fitbud. Discuss....
09-27-2013 12:01 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I don't get it. When I give my opinion you guys insist that I post evidence to support it.

When I post evidence to support my opinions, I get accused of copy and paste.

Agree with my opinion or not. I really don't care.

But make up your mind whether or not you want all the other information.
09-27-2013 02:03 PM
mistabinks Offline
Glory Road Resident

I Root For: UTEP Miners
(09-27-2013 02:03 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  I don't get it. When I give my opinion you guys insist that I post evidence to support it.

Fitbud,

I recently read an article that actually addresses all of the above points. I think you will get a lot out of it. You can find it at the following address.

http://www.google.com
09-27-2013 03:59 PM
randaddyminer Offline
Banned

I Root For: UTEP miners
(09-27-2013 03:59 PM)mistabinks Wrote:  
(09-27-2013 02:03 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  I don't get it. When I give my opinion you guys insist that I post evidence to support it.

Fitbud,

I recently read an article that actually addresses all of the above points. I think you will get a lot out of it. You can find it at the following address.

http://www.google.com

03-lmfao
09-27-2013 06:32 PM
RUNVSFD MINER Offline

Where to start.....

(09-27-2013 02:03 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  I don't get it.
You never do

(09-27-2013 02:03 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  When I give my opinion you guys insist that I post evidence to support it.
Your opinion is nothing more than an anti-Floyd/UTEP/Ballpark. How many shets do you think UTEP sports fans want to give to hear opinions against those things? If we wanted that, we'd offer Stephanie Townsend Allala an avatar and handle to join this board.

(09-27-2013 02:03 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  When I post evidence to support my opinions, I get accused of copy and paste.
If your referring to the 1st article as "evidence" of more money being asked for, you were already off to a bad start in making your case.

(09-27-2013 02:03 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  Agree with my opinion or not. I really don't care.
Those aren't opinions on matters. They are meant to instigate and point faults out with the intent to prove your misguided points.

(09-27-2013 02:03 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  But make up your mind whether or not you want all the other information.
I don't recall anyone ever asking for your negative opinions on the ballpark.
You also use the word "All". If you want to claim that, then at least provide "ALL" the info, as you claim you do. Not just the parts you like to make your negative points.
09-27-2013 10:19 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(09-27-2013 10:19 PM)RUNVSFD MINER Wrote:  Where to start.....

(09-27-2013 02:03 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  I don't get it.
You never do

(09-27-2013 02:03 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  When I give my opinion you guys insist that I post evidence to support it.
Your opinion is nothing more than an anti-Floyd/UTEP/Ballpark. How many shets do you think UTEP sports fans want to give to hear opinions against those things? If we wanted that, we'd offer Stephanie Townsend Allala an avatar and handle to join this board.

(09-27-2013 02:03 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  When I post evidence to support my opinions, I get accused of copy and paste.
If your referring to the 1st article as "evidence" of more money being asked for, you were already off to a bad start in making your case.

(09-27-2013 02:03 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  Agree with my opinion or not. I really don't care.
Those aren't opinions on matters. They are meant to instigate and point faults out with the intent to prove your misguided points.

(09-27-2013 02:03 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  But make up your mind whether or not you want all the other information.
I don't recall anyone ever asking for your negative opinions on the ballpark.
You also use the word "All". If you want to claim that, then at least provide "ALL" the info, as you claim you do. Not just the parts you like to make your negative points.

Yes. I am anti Floyd. The guy is a snake oil selling scumb bag and you know it. The only reason you tolerate and defend him is because he is a good coach. I'm sorry if my standards are higher than yours. However, I am not anti UTEP or ballpark.
09-28-2013 12:34 AM
RUNVSFD MINER Offline

(09-28-2013 12:34 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  Yes. I am anti Floyd. The guy is a snake oil selling scumb bag and you know it. The only reason you tolerate and defend him is because he is a good coach. I'm sorry if my standards are higher than yours. However, I am not anti UTEP or ballpark.

He is a son of this city, and a Haskins disciple. AND THOSE, are more than good enough reasons. Also, don't look now, but you just stated he is a good coach.

As for the ballpark... Whatever you say Stephanie Townsend Allala.

BTW- Scum has no "B" at the end.
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2013 10:41 PM by RUNVSFD MINER.)
09-28-2013 02:17 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.