Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

John Klein: OU, OSU open to idea of future Big 12 expansion (Link)
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
RE: John Klein: OU, OSU open to idea of future Big 12 expansion (Link)
I'm a Ford Mustang fan own 2 performance ones, owned 8 total
02-20-2012 05:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dgrace4cards Offline
All American

I Root For: UL
(02-19-2012 10:43 PM)SMUmustangs Wrote:  
(02-19-2012 07:41 PM)dgrace4cards Wrote:  
(02-19-2012 03:44 PM)SMUmustangs Wrote:  
(02-19-2012 11:54 AM)War Torn Ruston Wrote:  I am officially over Louisville to the Big 12 threads by CardinalJim. Take a break pal.

Jim and a few other Cardinal fans seem to be desperate to get in the Big12. As if campaigning on this board will have any effect.

Couldn't the same be said for you guys before you got the invite to the Big East?03-phew

I did not see any Mustang fans posting over and over and over that SMU had turned down an invite to the BigEast, and that S MU was getting an invite next week, and that it was a done deal etc over several months period. In fact I only know of a couple of other Mustangs that post on this board.

Sounds like you need a bigger fan base then.....

We can't help it that new articles come out about us and the Big 12, this is the realignment board and might as well post them here for all of us to read......

If you were in the same position as us (meaning already light years past SMU and without death penalties) and watched out conference decimate after getting in because of poor leadership by the commish office and other presidents, then you'd be pining to get out as well, facts are facts. I used to be one of the few backers of giving non BCS schools the chance to jump in and not sure SMU came up in my mind then, but it could now. However that was when we had all the schools in tact and looking to be on the aggressive, things have drastically changed in this conference and for those of us that don't necessarily have home town pro teams, this is it for us, so we look to get to the top of the mountain one way or the other.....the Big East is not it anymore...
02-20-2012 08:24 AM
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators
(02-19-2012 03:34 PM)SMUmustangs Wrote:  
(02-19-2012 11:29 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  
(02-19-2012 11:25 AM)Rockman Wrote:  Isn't David Boren and Mitch McConnell KY senator old political buddies?

Yes they were in Congress together.
CJ

They were both in the Senate....but they were not buddies.....more like adversaries...MCconnell is a conservative Rebublican and Boren is a liberal Demcocrat

I wouldn't call Boren a liberal Democrat. He was a third way or even a blue dog Democrat. That being said I've heard they were friendly. Having spent some time in that world, most of these people are friendly with one another once the cameras are off or reporters are gone.
02-20-2012 08:33 AM
SMUmustangs Offline
All American

I Root For:
(02-20-2012 08:24 AM)dgrace4cards Wrote:  
(02-19-2012 10:43 PM)SMUmustangs Wrote:  
(02-19-2012 07:41 PM)dgrace4cards Wrote:  
(02-19-2012 03:44 PM)SMUmustangs Wrote:  
(02-19-2012 11:54 AM)War Torn Ruston Wrote:  I am officially over Louisville to the Big 12 threads by CardinalJim. Take a break pal.

Jim and a few other Cardinal fans seem to be desperate to get in the Big12. As if campaigning on this board will have any effect.

Couldn't the same be said for you guys before you got the invite to the Big East?03-phew

I did not see any Mustang fans posting over and over and over that SMU had turned down an invite to the BigEast, and that S MU was getting an invite next week, and that it was a done deal etc over several months period. In fact I only know of a couple of other Mustangs that post on this board.

Sounds like you need a bigger fan base then.....

We can't help it that new articles come out about us and the Big 12, this is the realignment board and might as well post them here for all of us to read......

If you were in the same position as us (meaning already light years past SMU and without death penalties) and watched out conference decimate after getting in because of poor leadership by the commish office and other presidents, then you'd be pining to get out as well, facts are facts. I used to be one of the few backers of giving non BCS schools the chance to jump in and not sure SMU came up in my mind then, but it could now. However that was when we had all the schools in tact and looking to be on the aggressive, things have drastically changed in this conference and for those of us that don't necessarily have home town pro teams, this is it for us, so we look to get to the top of the mountain one way or the other.....the Big East is not it anymore...

I understand your feelings and don't blame you for wanting out. However, I was not refering to posting newspaper articles. I was refering to the constant outlandish statements the last several months that Louisville turned down an invite from the Big12, or the going to the Big 12 was a done deal, or it would happen be in the next few days, or take it to the bank, etc.
02-20-2012 05:37 PM
3rdandBlunder Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisville
Louisville and Pitt turned down the BigXII initially. When we both did so, the BigXII was losing schools and Pitt apparently already had a deal in place with the ACC. Fact. Deal with it, SMU.
02-20-2012 07:55 PM
SMUmustangs Offline
All American

I Root For:
(02-20-2012 07:55 PM)3rdandBlunder Wrote:  Louisville and Pitt turned down the BigXII initially. When we both did so, the BigXII was losing schools and Pitt apparently already had a deal in place with the ACC. Fact. Deal with it, SMU.

Sorry, but just because you say so, does not make it a fact. I have not seen any proof of that claim.

I don't have to deal with it. I don't have a dog in this fight. I just enjoy a good debate.
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2012 11:47 PM by SMUmustangs.)
02-20-2012 11:29 PM
cardshouse Offline
UofL 4 Playoff!

I Root For: UofL Cardinals
Sure Oklahoma and Oklahoma St. are open to getting two new members. That way the blow is not as bad when they join the SEC. Auburn and Alabama head to the SEC East.
02-21-2012 01:34 AM
IceJus10 Offline
All American

I Root For: Sports
I don't mind all the expansion and rumor discussion, that's cool it is the realignment board, but does each article that is defined in the initial post as "Not much new," "rehashing," or "repeating" need its own thread? Can't the articles be added as new posts to existing threads of articles about Big 12 expansion? I think if there were less threads on it, they'd develop into more conversation with each new article instead of pissing matches about a ton of threads citing another story found on google news feed.
02-21-2012 05:31 AM
johnbragg Online
Five Minute Google Expert

I Root For: St Johns
(02-21-2012 05:31 AM)IceJus10 Wrote:  I don't mind all the expansion and rumor discussion, that's cool it is the realignment board, but does each article that is defined in the initial post as "Not much new," "rehashing," or "repeating" need its own thread? Can't the articles be added as new posts to existing threads of articles about Big 12 expansion? I think if there were less threads on it, they'd develop into more conversation with each new article instead of pissing matches about a ton of threads citing another story found on google news feed.

Why, is the vitally important Troy vs Louisiana Tech cage match getting crowded out?
02-21-2012 06:00 AM
IceJus10 Offline
All American

I Root For: Sports
now that is a hot topic! LOL not! 04-cheers
02-21-2012 06:09 AM
ShockerBob Offline
SHOCKERS

I Root For: the SHOCKER
The Parliament Awards
What's funny is that OU and Oklahoma St WANT Houston and have been pressing for Houston after A&M bolted. A&M alone even said we should replace them, much to the dismay and laughter from Austin. Boone should just nut up and say "look it's Houston or.." - well. Actually, that's not saying sh*t because OSU has no pull on what conference to go to. OU is in charge and their fans are still pissed they passed on the SEC because of the attachment at the hip to their rivals.

Baylor and Tech are on board with not wanting Houston as well.

However, after the weight OU has. I could see things changing. But that does not necessarily mean Houston being invited. UT wants 10. OU/OSU want 12 (and so does the Gorilla known as ESPN).

Did you guys know that Dodds was the AD for Houston for about, 4 hours? Helps explain his hatred for us.
02-21-2012 11:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.