CSNbbs
Calkins article on Tubby - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Calkins article on Tubby (/thread-845158.html)

Pages: 1 2

Calkins article on Tubby - Joe1 - 03-10-2018 06:30 PM

Check out this article from Commercial Appeal:

Tigers basketball coach Tubby Smith knows this may be the end of his time in Memphis

http://memne.ws/2GdEVge

“Everyone knows”!

RE: Calkins article on Tubby - Tigergary - 03-10-2018 07:00 PM

Ugh let's just get this over with so we can focus on the future .

Calkins article on Tubby - MEMPHIS TIGERS - 03-10-2018 07:02 PM

I'm sick of all this crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Calkins article on Tubby - bluebacker - 03-10-2018 07:08 PM

Can't happen soon enough BUT who they bring in is crucial.

This next hire will either revitalize Memphis basketball or burn it to the ground.

The new coach needs to keep most of this team together and somehow pull in a great 2018 recruiting class.

I'm not all-in on Penny like a lot of folks unless he brings in Brown or Hewitt or someone like them and LISTENS to and DOES everything they tell him to do.

RE: Calkins article on Tubby - Seabee TIger Fan - 03-10-2018 07:11 PM

I hate that overachieve bull****. If he would have put in the effort in the offseason we wouldn’t have been picked 9th.

Calkins article on Tubby - MEMPHIS TIGERS - 03-10-2018 07:12 PM

(03-10-2018 07:08 PM)bluebacker Wrote:  Can't happen soon enough BUT who they bring in is crucial.

This next hire will either revitalize Memphis basketball or burn it to the ground.

The new coach needs to keep most of this team together and somehow pull in a great 2018 recruiting class.

I'm not all-in on Penny like a lot of folks unless he brings in Brown or Hewitt or someone like them and LISTENS to and DOES everything they tell him to do.

Agree with everything here. Good post.

RE: Calkins article on Tubby - fsquid - 03-10-2018 07:14 PM

Yea, I think this next hire will determine if we have a rebirth or not.

RE: Calkins article on Tubby - holyterror - 03-10-2018 07:16 PM

[quote='Seabee TIger Fan' pid='15157317' dateline='1520727075']
I hate that overachieve bull****. If he would have put in the effort in the offseason we wouldn’t have been picked 9th.

Yep

RE: Calkins article on Tubby - Tigergary - 03-10-2018 07:21 PM

(03-10-2018 07:11 PM)Seabee TIger Fan Wrote:  I hate that overachieve bull****. If he would have put in the effort in the offseason we wouldn’t have been picked 9th.

I agree. So if the 12th place team finished 8th thats overachieving too? Nobody cares .

RE: Calkins article on Tubby - uskjtc02 - 03-10-2018 07:37 PM

(03-10-2018 07:08 PM)bluebacker Wrote:  Can't happen soon enough BUT who they bring in is crucial.

It’s Penny bro. Get used to it. 01-ncaabbs

RE: Calkins article on Tubby - Julian - 03-10-2018 07:39 PM

No other coach will be able to bring 4 and 5 star recruits immediately. Penny can and he is no Goober Josh. Players look up to Penny and will play hard for him.

RE: Calkins article on Tubby - RCM1029 - 03-10-2018 07:43 PM

The problem is the guys on this team - and I love them - are not very good and no amount of coaching will make them good. Keeping this team together will result in more of the same...and there’s very little recruiting rewards left to reap. Regardless of who is the head coach, next year we will struggle to win 20 games again.

RE: Calkins article on Tubby - ericsrevenge76 - 03-10-2018 07:44 PM

Its quite clear they are firing Tubby to hire Penny. Not start a new coaching search.

RE: Calkins article on Tubby - BigTigerMike - 03-10-2018 07:45 PM

The fact that Penny is obviously asking of Larry Brown and Hewitt (x and o coachers w/ experience) tells you he’s the right one

RE: Calkins article on Tubby - uskjtc02 - 03-10-2018 07:46 PM

(03-10-2018 07:44 PM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  

Its quite clear they are firing Tubby to hire Penny. Not start a new coaching search.

Absolutely!!!!

RE: Calkins article on Tubby - bluebacker - 03-10-2018 07:48 PM

(03-10-2018 07:44 PM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  

I,heard its going to be John Wooden's corpse.

RE: Calkins article on Tubby - TIGERCITY - 03-10-2018 07:53 PM

(03-10-2018 07:11 PM)Seabee TIger Fan Wrote:  I hate that overachieve bull****. If he would have put in the effort in the offseason we wouldn’t have been picked 9th.

But thats all he's got.

RE: Calkins article on Tubby - MTigerBlue - 03-10-2018 07:55 PM

(03-10-2018 07:12 PM)MEMPHIS TIGERS Wrote:  

The head coach is the head coach. If Penny didn't want to be an assistant anywhere, what makes you think he'd let someone tell him what to do if he gets this job? That dog won't hunt.

RE: Calkins article on Tubby - cmt - 03-10-2018 07:56 PM

(03-10-2018 07:43 PM)RCM1029 Wrote:  

The problem is the guys on this team - and I love them - are not very good and no amount of coaching will make them good. Keeping this team together will result in more of the same...and there’s very little recruiting rewards left to reap. Regardless of who is the head coach, next year we will struggle to win 20 games again.

Add Tyler Harris, maybe one more top 100 or top juco is about all that can happen this year unless a player transfers to make room for a better player. I can't wait to see what happens. Excited for the first time since Austin signed.

RE: Calkins article on Tubby - bluebacker - 03-10-2018 07:59 PM

(03-10-2018 07:55 PM)MTigerBlue Wrote:  
(03-10-2018 07:12 PM)MEMPHIS TIGERS Wrote:  

The head coach is the head coach. If Penny didn't want to be an assistant anywhere, what makes you think he'd let someone tell him what to do if he gets this job? That dog won't hunt.
In your opinion. Publically vs. Privately can be different......