Open TigerLinks

Calkins article on Tubby
Bookmark and Share
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Calkins article on Tubby
Check out this article from Commercial Appeal:

Tigers basketball coach Tubby Smith knows this may be the end of his time in Memphis

http://memne.ws/2GdEVge

“Everyone knows”!
03-10-2018 06:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tigergary Offline
All American

I Root For: Tigers
RE: Calkins article on Tubby
Ugh let's just get this over with so we can focus on the future .
03-10-2018 07:00 PM
MEMPHIS TIGERS Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Memphis
Calkins article on Tubby
I'm sick of all this crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03-10-2018 07:02 PM
bluebacker Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Close Games

Donators
Can't happen soon enough BUT who they bring in is crucial.

This next hire will either revitalize Memphis basketball or burn it to the ground.

The new coach needs to keep most of this team together and somehow pull in a great 2018 recruiting class.

I'm not all-in on Penny like a lot of folks unless he brings in Brown or Hewitt or someone like them and LISTENS to and DOES everything they tell him to do.
03-10-2018 07:08 PM
Seabee TIger Fan Offline
No Ma'am

I Root For: Merica
I hate that overachieve bull****. If he would have put in the effort in the offseason we wouldn’t have been picked 9th.
03-10-2018 07:11 PM
MEMPHIS TIGERS Offline
2nd String

Calkins article on Tubby
(03-10-2018 07:08 PM)bluebacker Wrote:  Can't happen soon enough BUT who they bring in is crucial.

This next hire will either revitalize Memphis basketball or burn it to the ground.

The new coach needs to keep most of this team together and somehow pull in a great 2018 recruiting class.

I'm not all-in on Penny like a lot of folks unless he brings in Brown or Hewitt or someone like them and LISTENS to and DOES everything they tell him to do.

Agree with everything here. Good post.

03-10-2018 07:12 PM
Advertisement

fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Yea, I think this next hire will determine if we have a rebirth or not.
03-10-2018 07:14 PM
holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

[quote='Seabee TIger Fan' pid='15157317' dateline='1520727075']
I hate that overachieve bull****. If he would have put in the effort in the offseason we wouldn’t have been picked 9th.

Yep
03-10-2018 07:16 PM
Tigergary Offline
All American

I Root For: Tigers
(03-10-2018 07:11 PM)Seabee TIger Fan Wrote:  I hate that overachieve bull****. If he would have put in the effort in the offseason we wouldn’t have been picked 9th.

I agree. So if the 12th place team finished 8th thats overachieving too? Nobody cares .
03-10-2018 07:21 PM
uskjtc02 Away
Heisman

(03-10-2018 07:08 PM)bluebacker Wrote:  Can't happen soon enough BUT who they bring in is crucial.

It’s Penny bro. Get used to it. 01-ncaabbs
03-10-2018 07:37 PM
Julian Offline
1st String

No other coach will be able to bring 4 and 5 star recruits immediately. Penny can and he is no Goober Josh. Players look up to Penny and will play hard for him.
03-10-2018 07:39 PM
Advertisement

RCM1029 Away
Hall of Famer

The problem is the guys on this team - and I love them - are not very good and no amount of coaching will make them good. Keeping this team together will result in more of the same...and there’s very little recruiting rewards left to reap. Regardless of who is the head coach, next year we will struggle to win 20 games again.
03-10-2018 07:43 PM
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

I Root For: The Kingdom

Its quite clear they are firing Tubby to hire Penny. Not start a new coaching search.
03-10-2018 07:44 PM
BigTigerMike Online
Hall of Famer

The fact that Penny is obviously asking of Larry Brown and Hewitt (x and o coachers w/ experience) tells you he’s the right one
03-10-2018 07:45 PM
uskjtc02 Away
Heisman

(03-10-2018 07:44 PM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  

Its quite clear they are firing Tubby to hire Penny. Not start a new coaching search.

Absolutely!!!!
03-10-2018 07:46 PM
bluebacker Away
Hall of Famer

Donators
(03-10-2018 07:44 PM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  

I,heard its going to be John Wooden's corpse.
03-10-2018 07:48 PM
Advertisement

TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-10-2018 07:11 PM)Seabee TIger Fan Wrote:  I hate that overachieve bull****. If he would have put in the effort in the offseason we wouldn’t have been picked 9th.

But thats all he's got.
03-10-2018 07:53 PM
MTigerBlue Offline
Heisman

(03-10-2018 07:12 PM)MEMPHIS TIGERS Wrote:  

The head coach is the head coach. If Penny didn't want to be an assistant anywhere, what makes you think he'd let someone tell him what to do if he gets this job? That dog won't hunt.
03-10-2018 07:55 PM
cmt Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(03-10-2018 07:43 PM)RCM1029 Wrote:  

The problem is the guys on this team - and I love them - are not very good and no amount of coaching will make them good. Keeping this team together will result in more of the same...and there’s very little recruiting rewards left to reap. Regardless of who is the head coach, next year we will struggle to win 20 games again.

Add Tyler Harris, maybe one more top 100 or top juco is about all that can happen this year unless a player transfers to make room for a better player. I can't wait to see what happens. Excited for the first time since Austin signed.
03-10-2018 07:56 PM
bluebacker Away
Hall of Famer

Donators
(03-10-2018 07:55 PM)MTigerBlue Wrote:  
(03-10-2018 07:12 PM)MEMPHIS TIGERS Wrote:  

The head coach is the head coach. If Penny didn't want to be an assistant anywhere, what makes you think he'd let someone tell him what to do if he gets this job? That dog won't hunt.
In your opinion. Publically vs. Privately can be different......
03-10-2018 07:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.