CSNbbs
Rock Chalk FBI-hawk - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: Rock Chalk FBI-hawk (/thread-829788.html)

Rock Chalk FBI-hawk - georgia_tech_swagger - 10-12-2017 12:41 PM

http://www.kansan.com/sports/fbi-says-it-cannot-release-documents-regarding-ku-involvement-with/article_af64a0ec-aeee-11e7-8c18-0b11a775fd20.html

Quote:The Federal Bureau of Investigation, in response to a Freedom of Information Act request, told the Kansan on Wednesday that it has documents related to the University of Kansas and its sponsorship with the Adidas apparel company, but cannot release them due to an ongoing legal investigation.

The presence of documents responsive to the Kansan’s request, filed on Sept. 27, does not necessarily implicate the University in wrongdoing, but appears to contradict what Kansas Athletics officials said after the scandal broke.

The Kansan asked for “all documents and communications within this investigation related to the University of Kansas and any of its sponsorship deals with Adidas or any investigation of Kansas basketball coaches.”

Wednesday, the FBI said the material requested by the Kansan “is located in an investigative file which is exempt from disclosure.”

RE: Rock Chalk FBI-hawk - The Cutter of Bish - 10-12-2017 01:26 PM

FoIA is awesome. It can cut through so much BS that's put out there.

RE: Rock Chalk FBI-hawk - msm96wolf - 10-12-2017 04:00 PM

One reason I was not going to make fun of Louisville. We have no clue which school may be next. I figure smart play is to stay on the sideline. To many glass houses in this one.

RE: Rock Chalk FBI-hawk - georgia_tech_swagger - 10-12-2017 05:14 PM

(10-12-2017 04:00 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  One reason I was not going to make fun of Louisville. We have no clue which school may be next. I figure smart play is to stay on the sideline. To many glass houses in this one.

Russell Athletic. No liberal arts patsy majors to hide people in.

I'm feeling confident. 02-13-banana

RE: Rock Chalk FBI-hawk - Love and Honor - 10-12-2017 05:37 PM

(10-12-2017 05:14 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  
(10-12-2017 04:00 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  One reason I was not going to make fun of Louisville. We have no clue which school may be next. I figure smart play is to stay on the sideline. To many glass houses in this one.

Russell Athletic. No liberal arts patsy majors to hide people in.

I'm feeling confident. 02-13-banana

Don't worry, if Kirby Smart is doing anything fishy over in Athens they'll be sure to send some investigators over to Atlanta for GT if the Georgia State folks don't answer the doorbell.

RE: Rock Chalk FBI-hawk - Shox - 10-12-2017 06:24 PM

I am all for stoning the Hawks but to be fair if you read the FBI's entire response they are basically saying "We can neither confirm nor deny." I would guess at this point that a FOI request on every P6 Adidas school would solicit a similar answer.

RE: Rock Chalk FBI-hawk - PirateTreasureNC - 10-12-2017 07:18 PM

And they still can't get UNC punished..... SMH.