CSNbbs
If BYU + Boise / CSU get FB only B12 invite - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: If BYU + Boise / CSU get FB only B12 invite (/thread-785607.html)

Pages: 1 2

If BYU + Boise / CSU get FB only B12 invite - Kruciff - 07-29-2016 10:12 AM

Does that make it easier to get AFA to come on board?

If we get AFA can we get Army?

If we lose two, and can't get either AFA or Army, I vote we stick to 10, and incubate target programs. What do I mean?

Let's say AFA and Army, do in fact decide to remain pat. We're at 10, we don't need to expand, but we still have an opportunity for 3 Olympic programs to join on.

VCU - no interest in football, from most sources, better basketball and similar market to ODU

Wichita State - very clear they want football if it makes sense. Only makes sense in the AAC. Elite basketball, best support of any program out there.

St. Louis - Markets aren't really all that important for Basketball, but they don't hurt. Within the footprint, elite basketball, no football interest. 10,000 seat arena.

UMass - Obvious candidate. FB entrance would be contingent on full home schedule at home stadium, attendance requirements, budget and revenue requirements

Any other programs out there?

If we take this approach, we can pick 3 programs, 1 Olympic sport only addition, and 2 with the potential to add football once they meet requirements. Say 2020-2022.

RE: If BYU + Boise / CSU get FB only B12 invite - panama - 07-29-2016 10:14 AM

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjlgxD2YkK7ocpjDEKHrI...2IfNIOGgvg]

If BYU + Boise / CSU get FB only B12 invite - Westhoff123 - 07-29-2016 10:16 AM

(07-29-2016 10:12 AM)Kruciff Wrote:  Does that make it easier to get AFA to come on board?

If we lose two, and can't get either AFA or Army, I vote we stick to 10, and incubate target programs. What do I mean?

Let's say AFA and Army, do in fact decide to remain pat. We're at 10, we don't need to expand, but we still have an opportunity for 3 Olympic programs to join on.

VCU - no interest in football, from most sources, better basketball and similar market to ODU

Wichita State - very clear they want football if it makes sense. Only makes sense in the AAC. Elite basketball, best support of any program out there.

St. Louis - Markets aren't really all that important for Basketball, but they don't hurt. Within the footprint, elite basketball, no football interest. 10,000 seat arena.

UMass - Obvious candidate. FB entrance would be contingent on full home schedule at home stadium, attendance requirements, budget and revenue requirements

If we take this approach, we can pick 3 programs, 1 Olympic sport only addition, and 2 with the potential to add football once they meet requirements. Say 2020-2022.

No just no...

RE: If BYU + Boise / CSU get FB only B12 invite - Chappy - 07-29-2016 10:20 AM

I don't think there is much of a chance of the B12 going west like that.

RE: If BYU + Boise / CSU get FB only B12 invite - Kruciff - 07-29-2016 10:26 AM

(07-29-2016 10:16 AM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  
(07-29-2016 10:12 AM)Kruciff Wrote:  Does that make it easier to get AFA to come on board?

No just no...

As if any of the other adds make any more sense...

We're not inviting Marshall, they can't compete on any of our standards.

We're not inviting USM. They're bankrupt without the ability to invest in themselves let alone the conference.

Georgia State is a small program in a pro-town, they face an uphill battle in every aspect.

Georgia Southern isn't a cultural, financial fit.

NIU is Georgia Southern in Illinois (Sorry Stay Cool)

UAB is under the thumb of UAT

Charlotte is just as much an incubation program as the other programs mentioned.

MWC teams aren't leaving for a weakened AAC without half the conference already, and we don't want to associate with Utah State, San Jose State, New Mexico, Wyoming, Hawai'i...

What do you suggest?

RE: If BYU + Boise / CSU get FB only B12 invite - Kruciff - 07-29-2016 10:27 AM

(07-29-2016 10:20 AM)Chappy Wrote:  I don't think there is much of a chance of the B12 going west like that.

The Boise / CSU means "or".

They'd only take two programs... and with the news that they think they'll take two fb only schools, it leads one to believe that one is BYU + 1 western partner for them.

If BYU + Boise / CSU get FB only B12 invite - Westhoff123 - 07-29-2016 11:11 AM

(07-29-2016 10:26 AM)Kruciff Wrote:  
(07-29-2016 10:16 AM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  

No just no...

As if any of the other adds make any more sense...

We're not inviting Marshall, they can't compete on any of our standards.

We're not inviting USM. They're bankrupt without the ability to invest in themselves let alone the conference.

Georgia State is a small program in a pro-town, they face an uphill battle in every aspect.

Georgia Southern isn't a cultural, financial fit.

NIU is Georgia Southern in Illinois (Sorry Stay Cool)

UAB is under the thumb of UAT

Charlotte is just as much an incubation program as the other programs mentioned.

MWC teams aren't leaving for a weakened AAC without half the conference already, and we don't want to associate with Utah State, San Jose State, New Mexico, Wyoming, Hawai'i...

What do you suggest?

(sigh) I guess your right, I'll inform stay cool.

RE: If BYU + Boise / CSU get FB only B12 invite - Chappy - 07-29-2016 12:03 PM

(07-29-2016 10:27 AM)Kruciff Wrote:  [quote='Chappy' pid='13426134' dateline='1469805610']

I thought you were dividing Boise by CSU.

RE: If BYU + Boise / CSU get FB only B12 invite - panama - 07-30-2016 07:47 PM

(07-29-2016 12:03 PM)Chappy Wrote:  
(07-29-2016 10:27 AM)Kruciff Wrote:  [quote='Chappy' pid='13426134' dateline='1469805610']

I thought you were dividing Boise by CSU.

= Air Force

RE: If BYU + Boise / CSU get FB only B12 invite - Pirate1 - 07-30-2016 09:59 PM

Just for conversation... If the Big 12 takes Cincy Memphis and the AAC gets Boise or CSU and Air Force, I'd think we got the better end of the deal. 04-cheers

RE: If BYU + Boise / CSU get FB only B12 invite - slhNavy91 - 07-30-2016 10:08 PM

Navy guy's thoughts on Air Force...
If Boise gets BigXII golden ticket in addition to AAC team(s) Air Force has incentive to stay mwc. The Boise community college inequity is the biggest anti-mwc factor today. If that is gone and the American is perceived as weakened, Air Force sees themselves as a big winner. They'll convince themselves they're a lock for the next 5 NY6 bowls.
If CSU gets the golden ticket, that may change. Front Range Loyalty was their big talking point in not joining Boise/SDSU 4 years ago. CSU ditching them shatters that, they still have the Boise inequity to deal with, and if they can join the AAC with one or both CIC opponents, they have scheduling flexibility to schedule Wyoming, NM, or CSU to maintain those rivalries.
I think AF also suffers from not having a good landing place for other sports.

Re: RE: If BYU + Boise / CSU get FB only B12 invite - shere khan - 07-30-2016 10:19 PM

(07-30-2016 09:59 PM)Pirate1 Wrote:  Just for conversation... If the Big 12 takes Cincy Memphis and the AAC gets Boise or CSU and Air Force, I'd think we got the better end of the deal. 04-cheers

Hurtful

[Image: Sad-Asian-Girl-Tears-Up-Reaction-Gif.gif]

RE: If BYU + Boise / CSU get FB only B12 invite - Pirate1 - 07-30-2016 10:39 PM

(07-30-2016 10:19 PM)shere khan Wrote:  
(07-30-2016 09:59 PM)Pirate1 Wrote:  Just for conversation... If the Big 12 takes Cincy Memphis and the AAC gets Boise or CSU and Air Force, I'd think we got the better end of the deal. 04-cheers

Hurtful

[Image: Sad-Asian-Girl-Tears-Up-Reaction-Gif.gif]

Dang...
[Image: giphy.gif]

03-lmfao

RE: If BYU + Boise / CSU get FB only B12 invite - oldtiger - 07-30-2016 10:42 PM

Boise is a really strong selection for anyone. They should be one of the B12 choices. .......my opinion

RE: If BYU + Boise / CSU get FB only B12 invite - panama - 07-31-2016 07:24 AM

(07-30-2016 10:42 PM)oldtiger Wrote:  
Boise is a really strong selection for anyone. They should be one of the B12 choices. .......my opinion

They don't have a prayer. Other P5 conferences would point and laugh.

RE: If BYU + Boise / CSU get FB only B12 invite - BigEastHomer - 07-31-2016 07:36 AM

(07-31-2016 07:24 AM)panama Wrote:  
(07-30-2016 10:42 PM)oldtiger Wrote:  

They don't have a prayer. Other P5 conferences would point and laugh.

OldTiger doesn't think beyond the field. His heart will probably be broken when Memphis doesn't get picked.

If BYU + Boise / CSU get FB only B12 invite - Chappy - 07-31-2016 07:49 AM

(07-30-2016 10:08 PM)slhNavy91 Wrote:  Navy guy's thoughts on Air Force...
If Boise gets BigXII golden ticket in addition to AAC team(s) Air Force has incentive to stay mwc. The Boise community college inequity is the biggest anti-mwc factor today. If that is gone and the American is perceived as weakened, Air Force sees themselves as a big winner. They'll convince themselves they're a lock for the next 5 NY6 bowls.
If CSU gets the golden ticket, that may change. Front Range Loyalty was their big talking point in not joining Boise/SDSU 4 years ago. CSU ditching them shatters that, they still have the Boise inequity to deal with, and if they can join the AAC with one or both CIC opponents, they have scheduling flexibility to schedule Wyoming, NM, or CSU to maintain those rivalries.

Good points.

One other thing to think about though... The AAC was severely undervalued when it's media deal was signed, and if it lost Cincy and Memphis would still have enough attractive content left where there wouldn't be a need for the contract value to fall. I don't know if the same could be said for the MWC without Boise.

RE: If BYU + Boise / CSU get FB only B12 invite - Kruciff - 07-31-2016 11:55 AM

(07-30-2016 10:08 PM)slhNavy91 Wrote:  Navy guy's thoughts on Air Force...

I think i'd accept trading 2 of Houston, Memphis, Cinci if that means Army + Air Force join to replace them, and we finally get 3 powerhouse Olympic Sports adds to counter the fb only invites.

There'd be no doubt in my mind our media deal would double with such strong media additions and the gridlock stability that comes with the end of expansion paranoia.

RE: If BYU + Boise / CSU get FB only B12 invite - Kruciff - 07-31-2016 11:57 AM

AAC West
  • Air Force - Wichita State
  • Army - Dayton
  • Navy - VCU
  • Houston
  • SMU
  • Tulsa
    AAC East
  • ECU
  • UCF
  • USF
  • Temple
  • Tulane
  • UConn

This premise assumes the Big 12 invites Cinci, Memphis, BYU, and CSU.

RE: If BYU + Boise / CSU get FB only B12 invite - rosewater - 07-31-2016 12:17 PM

I hope this is the case. A win/win scenario.