Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If BYU + Boise / CSU get FB only B12 invite
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
Does that make it easier to get AFA to come on board?

If we get AFA can we get Army?

If we lose two, and can't get either AFA or Army, I vote we stick to 10, and incubate target programs. What do I mean?

Let's say AFA and Army, do in fact decide to remain pat. We're at 10, we don't need to expand, but we still have an opportunity for 3 Olympic programs to join on.

VCU - no interest in football, from most sources, better basketball and similar market to ODU

Wichita State - very clear they want football if it makes sense. Only makes sense in the AAC. Elite basketball, best support of any program out there.

St. Louis - Markets aren't really all that important for Basketball, but they don't hurt. Within the footprint, elite basketball, no football interest. 10,000 seat arena.

UMass - Obvious candidate. FB entrance would be contingent on full home schedule at home stadium, attendance requirements, budget and revenue requirements

Any other programs out there?

If we take this approach, we can pick 3 programs, 1 Olympic sport only addition, and 2 with the potential to add football once they meet requirements. Say 2020-2022.
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2016 10:13 AM by Kruciff.)
07-29-2016 10:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
RE: If BYU + Boise / CSU get FB only B12 invite
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjlgxD2YkK7ocpjDEKHrI...2IfNIOGgvg]
07-29-2016 10:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

I Root For: UH
(07-29-2016 10:12 AM)Kruciff Wrote:  Does that make it easier to get AFA to come on board?

If we lose two, and can't get either AFA or Army, I vote we stick to 10, and incubate target programs. What do I mean?

Let's say AFA and Army, do in fact decide to remain pat. We're at 10, we don't need to expand, but we still have an opportunity for 3 Olympic programs to join on.

VCU - no interest in football, from most sources, better basketball and similar market to ODU

Wichita State - very clear they want football if it makes sense. Only makes sense in the AAC. Elite basketball, best support of any program out there.

St. Louis - Markets aren't really all that important for Basketball, but they don't hurt. Within the footprint, elite basketball, no football interest. 10,000 seat arena.

UMass - Obvious candidate. FB entrance would be contingent on full home schedule at home stadium, attendance requirements, budget and revenue requirements

If we take this approach, we can pick 3 programs, 1 Olympic sport only addition, and 2 with the potential to add football once they meet requirements. Say 2020-2022.

No just no...
07-29-2016 10:16 AM
Chappy Online
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
I don't think there is much of a chance of the B12 going west like that.
07-29-2016 10:20 AM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

(07-29-2016 10:16 AM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  
(07-29-2016 10:12 AM)Kruciff Wrote:  Does that make it easier to get AFA to come on board?

No just no...

As if any of the other adds make any more sense...

We're not inviting Marshall, they can't compete on any of our standards.

We're not inviting USM. They're bankrupt without the ability to invest in themselves let alone the conference.

Georgia State is a small program in a pro-town, they face an uphill battle in every aspect.

Georgia Southern isn't a cultural, financial fit.

NIU is Georgia Southern in Illinois (Sorry Stay Cool)

UAB is under the thumb of UAT

Charlotte is just as much an incubation program as the other programs mentioned.

MWC teams aren't leaving for a weakened AAC without half the conference already, and we don't want to associate with Utah State, San Jose State, New Mexico, Wyoming, Hawai'i...

What do you suggest?
07-29-2016 10:26 AM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

(07-29-2016 10:20 AM)Chappy Wrote:  I don't think there is much of a chance of the B12 going west like that.

The Boise / CSU means "or".

They'd only take two programs... and with the news that they think they'll take two fb only schools, it leads one to believe that one is BYU + 1 western partner for them.
07-29-2016 10:27 AM
Advertisement

Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

I Root For: UH
(07-29-2016 10:26 AM)Kruciff Wrote:  
(07-29-2016 10:16 AM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  

No just no...

As if any of the other adds make any more sense...

We're not inviting Marshall, they can't compete on any of our standards.

We're not inviting USM. They're bankrupt without the ability to invest in themselves let alone the conference.

Georgia State is a small program in a pro-town, they face an uphill battle in every aspect.

Georgia Southern isn't a cultural, financial fit.

NIU is Georgia Southern in Illinois (Sorry Stay Cool)

UAB is under the thumb of UAT

Charlotte is just as much an incubation program as the other programs mentioned.

MWC teams aren't leaving for a weakened AAC without half the conference already, and we don't want to associate with Utah State, San Jose State, New Mexico, Wyoming, Hawai'i...

What do you suggest?

(sigh) I guess your right, I'll inform stay cool.
07-29-2016 11:11 AM
Chappy Online
Resident Goonie

(07-29-2016 10:27 AM)Kruciff Wrote:  [quote='Chappy' pid='13426134' dateline='1469805610']

I thought you were dividing Boise by CSU.
07-29-2016 12:03 PM
panama Offline
Legend

(07-29-2016 12:03 PM)Chappy Wrote:  
(07-29-2016 10:27 AM)Kruciff Wrote:  [quote='Chappy' pid='13426134' dateline='1469805610']

I thought you were dividing Boise by CSU.

= Air Force
07-30-2016 07:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pirate1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ThePiratesofECU
Just for conversation... If the Big 12 takes Cincy Memphis and the AAC gets Boise or CSU and Air Force, I'd think we got the better end of the deal. 04-cheers
07-30-2016 09:59 PM
slhNavy91 Online
Heisman

I Root For: Navy
Navy guy's thoughts on Air Force...
If Boise gets BigXII golden ticket in addition to AAC team(s) Air Force has incentive to stay mwc. The Boise community college inequity is the biggest anti-mwc factor today. If that is gone and the American is perceived as weakened, Air Force sees themselves as a big winner. They'll convince themselves they're a lock for the next 5 NY6 bowls.
If CSU gets the golden ticket, that may change. Front Range Loyalty was their big talking point in not joining Boise/SDSU 4 years ago. CSU ditching them shatters that, they still have the Boise inequity to deal with, and if they can join the AAC with one or both CIC opponents, they have scheduling flexibility to schedule Wyoming, NM, or CSU to maintain those rivalries.
I think AF also suffers from not having a good landing place for other sports.
07-30-2016 10:08 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Re: RE: If BYU + Boise / CSU get FB only B12 invite
(07-30-2016 09:59 PM)Pirate1 Wrote:  Just for conversation... If the Big 12 takes Cincy Memphis and the AAC gets Boise or CSU and Air Force, I'd think we got the better end of the deal. 04-cheers

Hurtful

[Image: Sad-Asian-Girl-Tears-Up-Reaction-Gif.gif]
07-30-2016 10:19 PM
Pirate1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ThePiratesofECU
(07-30-2016 10:19 PM)shere khan Wrote:  
(07-30-2016 09:59 PM)Pirate1 Wrote:  Just for conversation... If the Big 12 takes Cincy Memphis and the AAC gets Boise or CSU and Air Force, I'd think we got the better end of the deal. 04-cheers

Hurtful

[Image: Sad-Asian-Girl-Tears-Up-Reaction-Gif.gif]

Dang...
[Image: giphy.gif]

03-lmfao
07-30-2016 10:39 PM
oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame
Boise is a really strong selection for anyone. They should be one of the B12 choices. .......my opinion
07-30-2016 10:42 PM
panama Offline
Legend

(07-30-2016 10:42 PM)oldtiger Wrote:  
Boise is a really strong selection for anyone. They should be one of the B12 choices. .......my opinion

They don't have a prayer. Other P5 conferences would point and laugh.
07-31-2016 07:24 AM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(07-31-2016 07:24 AM)panama Wrote:  
(07-30-2016 10:42 PM)oldtiger Wrote:  

They don't have a prayer. Other P5 conferences would point and laugh.

OldTiger doesn't think beyond the field. His heart will probably be broken when Memphis doesn't get picked.
07-31-2016 07:36 AM
Advertisement

Chappy Online
Resident Goonie

(07-30-2016 10:08 PM)slhNavy91 Wrote:  Navy guy's thoughts on Air Force...
If Boise gets BigXII golden ticket in addition to AAC team(s) Air Force has incentive to stay mwc. The Boise community college inequity is the biggest anti-mwc factor today. If that is gone and the American is perceived as weakened, Air Force sees themselves as a big winner. They'll convince themselves they're a lock for the next 5 NY6 bowls.
If CSU gets the golden ticket, that may change. Front Range Loyalty was their big talking point in not joining Boise/SDSU 4 years ago. CSU ditching them shatters that, they still have the Boise inequity to deal with, and if they can join the AAC with one or both CIC opponents, they have scheduling flexibility to schedule Wyoming, NM, or CSU to maintain those rivalries.

Good points.

One other thing to think about though... The AAC was severely undervalued when it's media deal was signed, and if it lost Cincy and Memphis would still have enough attractive content left where there wouldn't be a need for the contract value to fall. I don't know if the same could be said for the MWC without Boise.
07-31-2016 07:49 AM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

(07-30-2016 10:08 PM)slhNavy91 Wrote:  Navy guy's thoughts on Air Force...

I think i'd accept trading 2 of Houston, Memphis, Cinci if that means Army + Air Force join to replace them, and we finally get 3 powerhouse Olympic Sports adds to counter the fb only invites.

There'd be no doubt in my mind our media deal would double with such strong media additions and the gridlock stability that comes with the end of expansion paranoia.
07-31-2016 11:55 AM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

AAC West
  • Air Force - Wichita State
  • Army - Dayton
  • Navy - VCU
  • Houston
  • SMU
  • Tulsa
    AAC East
  • ECU
  • UCF
  • USF
  • Temple
  • Tulane
  • UConn

This premise assumes the Big 12 invites Cinci, Memphis, BYU, and CSU.
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2016 11:59 AM by Kruciff.)
07-31-2016 11:57 AM
rosewater Offline
Heisman

I Root For: cincy

I hope this is the case. A win/win scenario.
07-31-2016 12:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.