CSNbbs
TN Board of Regents - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: TN Board of Regents (/thread-780400.html)

TN Board of Regents - umbluegray - 05-20-2016 04:49 PM

I never saw the final word on splitting up the TN Board of Regents. I must have missed it because I learned last night it was a done deal.

I attended a UofM Dual Enrollment information meeting last night at the Collierville campus. The Director of Dual Enrollment Programs led the meeting. I asked if any of the details might be subject to change if the Memphis is granted its own BOR. He said, "It's a done deal."

RE: TN Board of Regents - triplealumtiger - 05-20-2016 05:08 PM

(05-20-2016 04:49 PM)umbluegray Wrote:  I never saw the final word on splitting up the TN Board of Regents. I must have missed it because I learned last night it was a done deal.

I attended a UofM Dual Enrollment information meeting last night at the Collierville campus. The Director of Dual Enrollment Programs led the meeting. I asked if any of the details might be subject to change if the Memphis is granted its own BOR. He said, "It's a done deal."

It's a done deal. Things will be a lot easier in many respects. Still have to comply with THEC on some things (just like UT system).

RE: TN Board of Regents - ncrdbl1 - 05-20-2016 05:55 PM

(05-20-2016 05:08 PM)triplealumtiger Wrote:  
(05-20-2016 04:49 PM)umbluegray Wrote:  I never saw the final word on splitting up the TN Board of Regents. I must have missed it because I learned last night it was a done deal.

It's a done deal. Things will be a lot easier in many respects. Still have to comply with THEC on some things (just like UT system).

Hopefully it will allow us to move to some other communities and take the U of M brand to other parts of the state. Having a U of M system cannot hurt with the Big 12 either.

RE: TN Board of Regents - Cletus - 05-20-2016 05:58 PM

Ruffled some feathers with the BOR head. So much so he decided to retire early.

Tennessee Board of Regents chancellor retiring in protest

RE: TN Board of Regents - roachman48 - 05-20-2016 07:15 PM

That article above is old news. Right?
F him ( the guy retiring).
Hopefully, this new board will give us a great deal of autonomy.
Go Tigers!

RE: TN Board of Regents - ncrdbl1 - 05-20-2016 08:57 PM

(05-20-2016 05:58 PM)Cletus Wrote:  Ruffled some feathers with the BOR head. So much so he decided to retire early.

Tennessee Board of Regents chancellor retiring in protest

Sounds like another Paul Bryant Jr.

TN Board of Regents - tigergreen - 05-21-2016 08:09 AM

Yes; this was done in the spring legislative session. Starts in 2017 IIRC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: TN Board of Regents - cotton1991 - 05-21-2016 08:28 AM

(05-20-2016 05:55 PM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  Hopefully it will allow us to move to some other communities and take the U of M brand to other parts of the state. Having a U of M system cannot hurt with the Big 12 either.

UM-Knoxville would be great. Yeah, I'm just joking.

Does MTSU have a downtown Nashville center? If not, it's 35 miles from Murfreesboro to downtown Nashville, a pretty far commute. Yeah, UM-Nashville, that's the ticket!

But I think realistically Dyersburg would work and should be seriously considered.

RE: TN Board of Regents - AlonsoWDC - 05-21-2016 07:38 PM

We already do.

It's Jackson.

RE: TN Board of Regents - triplealumtiger - 05-21-2016 11:30 PM

(05-21-2016 08:09 AM)tigergreen Wrote:  Yes; this was done in the spring legislative session. Starts in 2017 IIRC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah - board supposed to be in place Jan 2017 is my understanding.