Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

TN Board of Regents
Bookmark and Share
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
TN Board of Regents
I never saw the final word on splitting up the TN Board of Regents. I must have missed it because I learned last night it was a done deal.

I attended a UofM Dual Enrollment information meeting last night at the Collierville campus. The Director of Dual Enrollment Programs led the meeting. I asked if any of the details might be subject to change if the Memphis is granted its own BOR. He said, "It's a done deal."
05-20-2016 04:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

triplealumtiger Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Memphis
RE: TN Board of Regents
(05-20-2016 04:49 PM)umbluegray Wrote:  I never saw the final word on splitting up the TN Board of Regents. I must have missed it because I learned last night it was a done deal.

I attended a UofM Dual Enrollment information meeting last night at the Collierville campus. The Director of Dual Enrollment Programs led the meeting. I asked if any of the details might be subject to change if the Memphis is granted its own BOR. He said, "It's a done deal."

It's a done deal. Things will be a lot easier in many respects. Still have to comply with THEC on some things (just like UT system).
05-20-2016 05:08 PM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(05-20-2016 05:08 PM)triplealumtiger Wrote:  
(05-20-2016 04:49 PM)umbluegray Wrote:  I never saw the final word on splitting up the TN Board of Regents. I must have missed it because I learned last night it was a done deal.

It's a done deal. Things will be a lot easier in many respects. Still have to comply with THEC on some things (just like UT system).

Hopefully it will allow us to move to some other communities and take the U of M brand to other parts of the state. Having a U of M system cannot hurt with the Big 12 either.
05-20-2016 05:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cletus Offline
Hall of Famer

Ruffled some feathers with the BOR head. So much so he decided to retire early.

Tennessee Board of Regents chancellor retiring in protest
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2016 05:58 PM by Cletus.)
05-20-2016 05:58 PM
roachman48 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
That article above is old news. Right?
F him ( the guy retiring).
Hopefully, this new board will give us a great deal of autonomy.
Go Tigers!
05-20-2016 07:15 PM
Advertisement

ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(05-20-2016 05:58 PM)Cletus Wrote:  Ruffled some feathers with the BOR head. So much so he decided to retire early.

Tennessee Board of Regents chancellor retiring in protest

Sounds like another Paul Bryant Jr.
05-20-2016 08:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tigergreen Offline

I Root For: MEMPHIS
TN Board of Regents
Yes; this was done in the spring legislative session. Starts in 2017 IIRC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
05-21-2016 08:09 AM
Advertisement

cotton1991 Offline
Heisman

(05-20-2016 05:55 PM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  Hopefully it will allow us to move to some other communities and take the U of M brand to other parts of the state. Having a U of M system cannot hurt with the Big 12 either.

UM-Knoxville would be great. Yeah, I'm just joking.

Does MTSU have a downtown Nashville center? If not, it's 35 miles from Murfreesboro to downtown Nashville, a pretty far commute. Yeah, UM-Nashville, that's the ticket!

But I think realistically Dyersburg would work and should be seriously considered.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2016 08:28 AM by cotton1991.)
05-21-2016 08:28 AM
AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

We already do.

It's Jackson.
05-21-2016 07:38 PM
triplealumtiger Offline
Water Engineer

(05-21-2016 08:09 AM)tigergreen Wrote:  Yes; this was done in the spring legislative session. Starts in 2017 IIRC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah - board supposed to be in place Jan 2017 is my understanding.
05-21-2016 11:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.