CSNbbs
Streaming question for the techies - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: Streaming question for the techies (/thread-747314.html)

Streaming question for the techies - MotoRocket - 09-03-2015 05:16 PM

...well probably not that technical, but since I can't get down to the game I decided to hook up the apple TV and stream to my HDTV. The thing I don't know how to do is to pick it up from my Wi-Fi. What do I need to get from the internet connection on my PC through the Wi-Fi, through the Apple TV and get the stream on the TV? I probably should have started this sooner. Got the Apple TV as a Xmas gift and never thought of using it till now. Do I need a Netflix or some other subscription?

I've fallen way behind on technology...

RE: Streaming question for the techies - northcoastRocket - 09-03-2015 05:35 PM

Not sure how Apple TV works, but I would guess that somewhere in the Apple TV setup it will ask you to select a WiFi network to log into. Then you will need to enter your wifi password. How you connect to ESPN3 from that I wouldn't know.

Netflix subscription wouldn't help.

RE: Streaming question for the techies - MotoRocket - 09-03-2015 05:41 PM

haven't been able to even find the set-up for the apple TV. I think I know the password to my Wi-Fi...Has to be on one of the HDMI inputs, but haven't found it just yet.

RE: Streaming question for the techies - NewMex RocketFan - 09-03-2015 05:57 PM

There a number of videos instructing you on howl to connect your apple tv to wifi but each address different arrangements. Take a look on a google search on "how to connect apple tv to wifi"

Good luck

RE: Streaming question for the techies - MotoRocket - 09-03-2015 06:32 PM

think I have it figured out except now I can't remember the password to the Wi-Fi. Going to have to reset the router as well at halftime. Good picture on the PC - but want the 60 inch instead of the 24 inch..

RE: Streaming question for the techies - MotoRocket - 09-03-2015 06:55 PM

time to reset the router password during storm delay...